IGNORED

Stream Damogen-Furies in full

behindthebeats

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told myself I wouldn't listen again until it comes out properly, but that lasted all of 20 minutes. I've probably listened to the whole thing about 6-7 times now, getting better each time. I love it, much better than Ufabulum.

Until the last page of this thread I was thinking of the irony of a forum dedicated to sp and so many people hating on him. Saw him live in LA 2 nights back and the show was spectacular and all from this album. Then I listened to the stream and found it to be the same music yet having a completely different feel. Love both. Can't wait to get a proper format of the release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying this, more umph and less gimmicky than his Music For Robots project. I didn't find that "brostep" stuff very off-putting at all. Then again I hardly listen to that stuff, so oddly it's kind of fresh to my ears.

Was kind of enjoying what i was hearing. First, scattered half baked listen reminded me of zappa's Jazz from hell. The melodies sounded fucked up and saweet.

Funny you said that. Totally had that impression on a few tracks. Like Zappa made a fully electronic album as it were.

it's zappening!

its-happening.gif

Zappa is quite an apt comparison to Jenkinson. They both were always interested in new tech, and their output is similar: always melodic, heavy jazz influence, but never too experimental or pretentious.

Exjag Nives. I'm hearing an aphex beat sample in there.

i was about to say, where do i know that beat from? at around 3:00

I believe It's from a caustic window track

oho, also heard here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANVny7LeDjQ

i wonder where it's sampled from?

this? (00:18)

which sampled this? (00:01)

So yeah, this album is pretty solid! I'm more drawn towards it than Ufabulum ever did.

just for reference, here's the zappa album i was referring to earlier, jazz from hell :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4s4G9hmCjM

Didn't really hear this the first few times but will pay attention. In any case I've got a good reason to hear Jazz From Hell again now.

I did always say that Just A Souvenir was really a Zappa album in disguise, so it makes sense :)

Guest bitroast

oh yes, listening back to Jazz From Hell now i can definitely see how the connection might be a bit obtuse hehe.

but yeah, damogen furries is definitely has some jazzy frank zappa esque (maybe it's just .. jazz?) melodies going on in the bass/synth solos and this album was the first thing that popped in my head.. being a completely digital zappa album doing electronic jazz.

it's a musical equivalent of dude driving around in a monster truck tricked-out w/lift kit, chrome accents, etc.. chain link frame on the license plate, ground effects, 'subtle' lighting, brand decals all over the rig. cruising the strip on Saturday night, or parked in the Chevron parking lot, trolling for teenagers.

Arg over-packed, excess. Body-building nightmare

d frozent aac is awesome. kwang bass is great.

however im not as fancy on the rehashed ideas / orchestration / timbres, and the 'brostep' synthlines that come sometimes.

Kontenjaz could be uploaded to a brostep YT channel and nobody would notice

Is that a good or a bad thing?

This album is fucking awesome. I usually shut up about these things, but I have the softest spot for anything Tom makes.

Archived