IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

An interesting and terrifying tale of enlightenment. It's put me off meditation to be honest.

[steven Norberg talks his enlightenment at SIG]

Oh god, this guy is just one of many who went off the deep end at some point in their practice and didn't have a grounded community of real people to talk sense into him.

There's absolutely nothing special about meditation, it's boring as shit whether you do it for 1 year or 50 years. At my old Zen center people called what this guy is doing "going to the movies" - problems start when you get too involved with certain ideas or sensations that come up, but then you've stopped meditation and are just spinning in the mind. These fucking experiences and insights he's going on and on about are just hallucinations and psychodramas. If there's a real personal dissolution, nothing changes because there's no incentive to alter anything from its original significance.

It's unfortunately common that people run into problems and get stuck in the emptiness bullshit when they have a background of instability, read too much or don't engage other, grounded practicioners, but I find it fascinating that these cases put people off from meditation, an ancient practice with countless people who have benefited immensely from it - myself being one of those.

Anyhooow..

This is a hilarious show about the best chefs in the world jonesing for them Michelin stars.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD

haven't laughed that hard in ages, thank you for that... another good one

Edited by chim

If there's a real personal dissolution, nothing changes because there's no incentive to alter anything from its original significance.

That's basically what he says, that nothing changes really, just your perspective. I don't see any compassion with this guy though and it seems pretty brutal coming to the realisation that it's all a big empty pointless display we have no control over. Fuck that.

If there's a real personal dissolution, nothing changes because there's no incentive to alter anything from its original significance.

That's basically what he says, that nothing changes really, just your perspective. I don't see any compassion with this guy though and it seems pretty brutal coming to the realisation that it's all a big empty pointless display we have no control over. Fuck that.

Yeah, that dude seems like the least enlightened person I've ever encountered. If enlightenment is this horrible dread-inducing thing, you're doing it wrong lol.

Enlightenment is kinda supposed to be a blissed-out, light-hearted affair. It's about finding joy in simply being alive, on a moment to moment basis. It has nothing to do with discovering the Horrible Nihilistic Truth of Everything (or if it does, it doesn't entail despairing over it).

Edited by LimpyLoo

The guy just comes across as numb and detached to me - like he's depersonalised and just watching a movie of his life. None of the other spiritual teachers I've heard seem that cold or indifferent.

It's all talk. It's that endless opinionating and subjectivity that gets in the way and detaches you from the reality of things. This is why I fucking hate the e-word. Chop wood, carry water.

[youtubehd]RRUHYKZ9248[/youtubehd]

Wow. Jack Black is awesome, but extremely paranoid when high. A study in somebody that should never smoke weed. Respect to him if he really only did it to be a man of his word. Jack does some pretty funny shit though.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD

haven't laughed that hard in ages, thank you for that... another good one

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!! Holy shit... I know what I'm doing tonight.