IGNORED

Favourite YouTube Videos

Joyrex

6 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

What? So strange u post this now!

I have been going thru the whole Eyes Wide Shut theories this whole weekend. Seen all the videos there is uploaded! 
Did u get this recommended by Youtube or what? So freaking weird u post this now when Im just digging into it nowadays. 

This movie aged like a fine wine now with all the shits going on in Hollywood. Maybe that is why it is up more for debate? I don't know.. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cern said:

What? So strange u post this now!

I have been going thru the whole Eyes Wide Shut theories this whole weekend. Seen all the videos there is uploaded! 
Did u get this recommended by Youtube or what? So freaking weird u post this now when Im just digging into it nowadays. 

This movie aged like a fine wine now with all the shits going on in Hollywood. Maybe that is why it is up more for debate? I don't know.. 

this one makes a lot of sense as well, I’m glad Kubrick ditched the Satanic element, and the doctor being the cult leader is very cool. And the ending is totally weird without the trafficking theory. If their daughter was taken, the cultish attitude of “just have another kid” rings true. That’s basically what Scientology told the Travoltas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

this one makes a lot of sense as well, I’m glad Kubrick ditched the Satanic element, and the doctor being the cult leader is very cool. And the ending is totally weird without the trafficking theory. If their daughter was taken, the cultish attitude of “just have another kid” rings true. That’s basically what Scientology told the Travoltas.

I saw that one too! Is it suppose to happen something to the girl because of the suspicious men there inside the shop?
Maybe the girl have never been safe and always watched. It is so many hints everywhere really. 

Love this video btw.. The tellers voice is very calming:

On 9/21/2024 at 5:52 PM, ignatius said:

i don't mean to be a downer but i watched a lot of this video in order to subject myself to something i really dislike: youtube video essays. 

very few people seem to do this well. it seems to me that most of the videos in this genre fail on all fronts. as interesting videos, they suck, they're boring. the entirety of this video is a still shot of this person sitting in what basically looks like a staged set from a sales catalog - an old timey projector, a typewriter, random plants, books on a shelf that appear to be random "hardbacks" purchased for $.50 each from goodwill. the other set is even more pointless - the youtuber is lying on the floor with two cameras, an empty coffee cup, two napkins, half a bagel, an assortment of books from her Media Studies class or whatever. the video switches between just these two sets for nearly 100 mins. so just on the visual level, this is bland, annoying, generic, styleless, boring as fuck. 

as a persona, a personality giving a discussion for over an hour and a half, her presentation is similarly lackluster and unremarkable. for some reason, she sounds snarky and annoyed throughout the entire video. her tone almost never changes, it's like your friend calling you to bitch about something and just kinda goes on way too long. but this is not my friend, why would i listen to this? she has no charisma, no energy, no spark. just a totally flat presentation. 

as for the critique, this is again something i find so often in these essays. i look at the run time and i'm like damn this must be some robustious shit i'm about to see. but what i get is just banal, bloated. this is very basic college essay shit. it's riddled with cliche, corny spongebob memes, "this image haunts me," generic shit we've heard a million times about misogyny or how horror movies make us think about "being human" or what the fuck ever. there's a random section about ai and how reality doesn't exist except as a shared construct between humans. ok, you did a nice job on your homework assignment, you get a B, you mentioned your patreon, you did a susan sontag citation when discussing photography good job, but why the fuck on earth is this a 1.5 hour youtube video?

so many people posting these boring school book report ass shit.

long live hbomberguy

edit: this post not a criticism of ignatius, who is immaculate 

Edited by Alcofribas

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

i don't mean to be a downer but i watched a lot of this video in order to subject myself to something i really dislike: youtube video essays. 

very few people seem to do this well. it seems to me that most of the videos in this genre fail on all fronts. as interesting videos, they suck, they're boring. the entirety of this video is a still shot of this person sitting in what basically looks like a staged set from a sales catalog - an old timey projector, a typewriter, random plants, books on a shelf that appear to be random "hardbacks" purchased for $.50 each from goodwill. the other set is even more pointless - the youtuber is lying on the floor with two cameras, an empty coffee cup, two napkins, half a bagel, an assortment of books from her Media Studies class or whatever. the video switches between just these two sets for nearly 100 mins. so just on the visual level, this is bland, annoying, generic, styleless, boring as fuck. 

as a persona, a personality giving a discussion for over an hour and a half, her presentation is similarly lackluster and unremarkable. for some reason, she sounds snarky and annoyed throughout the entire video. her tone almost never changes, it's like your friend calling you to bitch about something and just kinda goes on way too long. but this is not my friend, why would i listen to this? she has no charisma, no energy, no spark. just a totally flat presentation. 

as for the critique, this is again something i find so often in these essays. i look at the run time and i'm like damn this must be some robustious shit i'm about to see. but what i get is just banal, bloated. this is very basic college essay shit. it's riddled with cliche, corny spongebob memes, "this image haunts me," generic shit we've heard a million times about misogyny or how horror movies make us think about "being human" or what the fuck ever. there's a random section about ai and how reality doesn't exist except as a shared construct between humans. ok, you did a nice job on your homework assignment, you get a B, you mentioned your patreon, you did a susan sontag citation when discussing photography good job, but why the fuck on earth is this a 1.5 hour youtube video?

so many people posting these boring school book report ass shit.

long live hbomberguy

edit: this post not a criticism of ignatius, who is immaculate 

it's not my favorite of her videos but i do enjoy her channel and she gets going on some things and i dig that.  her essay about the thing and the one about lord of the rings are good. ymmv of course.  but she's usually pretty good imo. but of course if you aren't into video essays, and i'm not really except for a couple people now and then, then you won't enjoy it. 

edit: but if you haven't seen that movie Civil War then it's not gonna be super relevant

this one is quite good

oh the hellraiser one is too

i guess there's quite a few of hers i like.. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cloud capture said:

her analysis is actually very entertaining.  I lost it when she mentioned church shoes:

I hate what the internet has become.

"HERE'S WAA-A-A-A-ACKY TIIIIIIINA REACTING COMPLETELY NATURALLY TO THIS VIDEO BY BEING OVERLY SHOCKED, OVERLY EMOTIONAL (omg, thom yorke's voice - crocodile tears), OR OVERLY ANGRY, AND NOTHING IN-BETWEEN!!! NOTHING!!!!!"

And then someone in the comments will write, "plz react to xxxx next".

Fucking kill me right now.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Squee said:

I hate what the internet has become.

"HERE'S WAA-A-A-A-ACKY TIIIIIIINA REACTING COMPLETELY NATURALLY TO THIS VIDEO BY BEING OVERLY SHOCKED, OVERLY EMOTIONAL (omg, thom yorke's voice - crocodile tears), OR OVERLY ANGRY, AND NOTHING IN-BETWEEN!!! NOTHING!!!!!"

And then someone in the comments will write, "plz react to xxxx next".

Fucking kill me right now.

"I WILL NEVER REACT TO A VIDEO LIKE THIS AGAIN"