IGNORED

The Big Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS ABOUND*

Joyrex

• 3 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Dave Filoni’s crossover event movie will be called Star Wars: Heir to the Empire. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

IMG_9155.jpeg

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 23.13.20.png

• Haha 5

• 2 months later...

Anyone else getting amped for Ahsoka?  I'm a massive Thrawn fan, so finally seeing a live action one is what i'm excited for.

The couple posts above saying there is going to be a Heir to the Empire Crossover movie by Dave Filoni was a falsified rumor.  It is not happening.

Disney will never go back and completely honor any EU, only continue to pillage characters and ideas from it to bolster shitty stories.

Meanwhile, i've picked up and started reading Legacy of the Force - Betrayal.  That series came out right when I started college so I stopped reading EU at that point, time to pick it up again.  I also want to start reading SW graphic novels.  I was huge Crimson Empire fan back in the day but didn't really get into much else.  Recommendations are welcome.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lyst said:

Anyone else getting amped for Ahsoka?  I'm a massive Thrawn fan, so finally seeing a live action one is what i'm excited for.

The couple posts above saying there is going to be a Heir to the Empire Crossover movie by Dave Filoni was a falsified rumor.  It is not happening.

Disney will never go back and completely honor any EU, only continue to pillage characters and ideas from it to bolster shitty stories.

Meanwhile, i've picked up and started reading Legacy of the Force - Betrayal.  That series came out right when I started college so I stopped reading EU at that point, time to pick it up again.  I also want to start reading SW graphic novels.  I was huge Crimson Empire fan back in the day but didn't really get into much else.  Recommendations are welcome.

Reports said it would be called Heir to the Empire, (maybe?) not based on the book.

Yes?

https://www.cbr.com/dave-filoni-star-wars-movie-crossover-heir-to-the-empire-thrawn/

No?

https://bespinbulletin.com/2023/05/dave-filonis-star-wars-movie-is-reportedly-not-titled-heir-to-the-empire/#:~:text=After a week of rampant,week to shutdown the rumour.

Season 4 of Mando may become a movie itself, leading into the Dave Filoni movie:

https://movieweb.com/the-mandalorian-season-4-rumored-movie/

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

It's most likely just a working title that has little to do with whatever it's actually going to be called.

I've lost interest in Mando after they let Lizzo take over an episode last season.  Surprised they didn't have a scene with her twerking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ahsoka - My thoughts. 

Something was very weird and off-putting about the acting. It was like they were told to act and talk in slow motion. Very awkward. I couldn't wait for any dialogue scene to just end, it was all very somber and stale.

The action was alright. Although Sabine getting stabbed and then being fine in a few hours was like eh???  In the OG Trilogy she would've been in a bacta tank for a month if she even survived.

I think if you are a cartoon watcher it might've been great for you since it just continues the Rebels cartoon. (I did not watch any of them, cartoons are not for me).

Lastly I was hoping this would be so bad ass that my girlfriend would get into it with me and she'd watch it all with me. She did not like it at all. Called it a "Girl Jedi Show" and that it wasn't her thing. Ah well.  I will keep watching purely because I'm a long-time Thrawn fan and cannot miss his live action appearance.

Edited by lyst

Never got around to watching more than one episode of Andor, but I really liked it. But we've reached a point... actually, we reached that point a long time ago, where there is more trash Star Wars than good Star Wars.

I am pretty excited about seeing the old films with my daughter once she's old enough. But first, Ghostbusters.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahsoka seems to be following the route of Andor.  Incredibly dull and boring first few episodes and now we got to episode 4 and 5 and it's actually getting really good.   Surprised to say, glad I didn't throw in the towel.  Won't say much more for spoiler sake.

Edited by lyst

• 3 weeks later...

Final thoughts on Ahsoka after finishing the season -

Ever since episode 4 it's been a good watch. My main and only gripe with the show is some of the acting,
particularly Ahsoka and Sabine. Kind
of sad when the main characters have the stage presence and emotion of a brick wall. I literally had to skip the scenes of just them two talking -it was so awkward, off-putting, and slow. Thankfully, every other actor did pretty good...

I'm excited to see the route they go after this.  With the return of Thrawn to the galaxy (the planet Dathomir to be exact).  Movie or another season?  I'd love a Thrawn movie.   

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, lyst said:

Final thoughts on Ahsoka after finishing the season -

Ever since episode 4 it's been a good watch. My main and only gripe with the show is some of the acting,
particularly Ahsoka and Sabine. Kind
of sad when the main characters have the stage presence and emotion of a brick wall. I literally had to skip the scenes of just them two talking -it was so awkward, off-putting, and slow. Thankfully, every other actor did pretty good...

I'm excited to see the route they go after this.  With the return of Thrawn to the galaxy (the planet Dathomir to be exact).  Movie or another season?  I'd love a Thrawn movie.   

It was a rather abstract ending, and viewers who weren’t Rebels fans were definitely left in the dark, loved that it tied back into the Mortis Gods, one of the best storylines. @lyst there is a Thrawn movie coming at some point, but with these every-other-year TV seasons, it may take a while to get there. The Acolyte could also be cool, set during The High Republic era.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ahsoka-ending-explained-finale-filoni-movie-season-2

9 hours ago, psn said:

Yeah, it picked up halfway through. It all seems quite pointless, still.

It's all pointless.  At least it wasn't as bad as The Book of Boba Fett or Kenobi.  Also I'm just a big Thrawn guy so his appearance was like a childhood nostalgic dream.

8 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

It was a rather abstract ending, and viewers who weren’t Rebels fans were definitely left in the dark, loved that it tied back into the Mortis Gods, one of the best storylines. @lyst there is a Thrawn movie coming at some point, but with these every-other-year TV seasons, it may take a while to get there. The Acolyte could also be cool, set during The High Republic era.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ahsoka-ending-explained-finale-filoni-movie-season-2

Yea I knew Filoni is developing one, but like you said - could be a long time before we see it.

All I can say about the Acolyte is Kathleen Kennedy sure did get those identity points with the casting of the lead character (a non-binary, black, pansexual, intersectional feminist).

Thought I’d give the the prequels a re-bash (as they seem to be having bit of a renaissance online). Turns out Jar-Jar Binks is still a massively dislikable cunt.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Here's my problem with Star Wars. Take this scene, which is near the start of Episode 4/New Hope:

Now this is brilliant and hilarious cinema, especially for a film made in 1977. The two robots look cool. The dialogue is hilarious because C3PO is the only one of the two we can actually understand, so you get the sortof hi jinx you get with a ventriloquist when the puppet whispers in their ear and you only hear one side of the conversation - "dont get technical with me!". Bonus points for comedy because C3PO is basically a comedy butler type character.

BUT its is completely crap universe building. Why the fuck would you have a sentient robot that can't talk. We find out later the fucker can even fly. But for some reason they couldn't stretch to giving it the ability to output speech.

Great cinema, crap sci-fi universe building.

• 3 weeks later...