IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I don't mind if news is biased, as long as it's explicitly made clear what is opinion, and what is objective news story. Fox news for example, doesn't do this when they have an agenda to push. And all of the other networks, to a notably lesser extent.

I recommend 'secular talk'. I like his format. The news is definitely biased, though it's very clear when it switches from the objective part to the opinion part.

Edited by Brisbot

everything in the world is baised.

also, I flipped on fox last night after the debates to watch the spin and it was laughable.

hannity is a fucking dirtbag scum of the earth human being that is willing to push complete falsehood for a pay check

those types of people deserve to be shot into space and removed from the human race

add newt gingrich to that list as well

it's funny watching the completely out of touch white upper class go into paralysis about their perception of the world. Is anyone else totally amused by the fact that it's commonplace for people to oppose the iraq war? Remember when all the young liberals were opposing it over a decade ago? They didn't make the connection that maybe, just maybe, young liberal people have reasonably decent idea of how to make good decisions as a country. Paid family leave/paternity maternity leave also being on the lol list of now being supported by both parties.

this was a real mess though I loved when Trump admitted he called rosie o'donnell a fat cow then shrugged it off as "she deserved it"

then the next sentence out of his mouth is that hillary said some very mean things about him in her new political ad.

another surreal moment is when he was asked about his tax returns and returned to his old faithful chestnut that he's being audited.

"but the IRS said you can release your tax returns so when will we see them?"

oh just as soon as that audit is done. I'm being audited so I can't show them... wait actually you know what? if hillary shows up those emails she deleted then you can have my tax returns. ha! so yeah, balls I'm her court

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

lol this bit was so funny. 

him calling rosie odonnell a fat cow was also his reply to clinton quoting trump on the numurous instances when he's called women fat cows and disgusting, and he was just interrupting and saying " wrong " " i didnt say that " , before going on a rant about rosie odonell. 

instead of clinton bringing up those numerous instances he's called women fat cows and disgusting, she should have hit him with specifics like the time he said megyn kelly had "blood coming out of her wherever" or the time he mocked the disabled report or just bringing up bringing up the trump university scam.

last: can we please talk about cyber because the security aspect of cyber is very very tough. we need to do it better than anyone else (i.e. the best cyber)

when he was talking about taxes and the deficit I texted my friend, "if she would just say, "maybe we wouldn't be in debt if you paid taxes." she would own him on that. And then she did. I was very satisfied with that, but she could have taken it much further. She could have said, "look at this man with billions that pays barely any taxes. Now imagine how many billionaires in this country are doing the same thing. How is that patriotic? How can this man even begin to question the contributions of others, or the actions of our government when he contributes nothing to it? Especially not his fair share. etc. etc." but alas she missed a good opportunity. 

Hell yea. Sooo good.

Michigan man mows huge 'Trump' sign into his 10-acre lawn

[youtubehd]AZGKOKDtOVI[/youtubehd]

Edited by olo

FB and Twitter are mostly just aggregates of corporate media

I don't think they are. They're also full of rabid conspiracy nonsense and so called independent news, which is some of the dumbest shit humanity has managed to produce in it's entire history.

when he was talking about taxes and the deficit I texted my friend, "if she would just say, "maybe we wouldn't be in debt if you paid taxes." she would own him on that. And then she did. I was very satisfied with that, but she could have taken it much further. She could have said, "look at this man with billions that pays barely any taxes. Now imagine how many billionaires in this country are doing the same thing. How is that patriotic? How can this man even begin to question the contributions of others, or the actions of our government when he contributes nothing to it? Especially not his fair share. etc. etc." but alas she missed a good opportunity.

good luck changing the IRS.. the system is set up to scam with accountants.. a stupid business man wouldn't take advantage of that

Edited by marf

Guest bitroast

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/27/pentagon-cringes-at-donald-trump-and-hillary-clinton-s-war-talk.html

good little read about what they got wrong in regards to iraq and war strategy

WRONG

sorry. its the laziest reply/"meme" in the universe and i just can't believe it came from trumps mouth/brain during a political debate lolol

This line is very much applicable to Trump: “was so thoroughly untruthful that he could no longer recognize the difference between lies and truth." After 70 years of spouting his shit, he really believes his lies and half truths.

But in general the comparison falls flat to me. There are some obvious similarities, but the state of the country now is nowhere near what Germany were going through then, the racism and 'othering' in Germany was blatant and sanctioned and wholly widespread (ours is more hidden and shamefully done), and most importantly Hitler was fucking smart and cunning and a great orator, a great leader. Trump is only a couple steps away from being a total bumbling fool, but he ain't got any of the charm or intelligence that Hitler had.

I'm no historical scholar, so correct me if I'm wrong on any points there, but that's always been my understanding of Hitler's rise. Trump is an ass and selfish and shitty and wants to say he has the job, sure, but at the end of the day he ain't shit. He's a very old man who has been hung up with a feud with Rosie O'Donnell for ten years. He has little to no understanding of politics or international relations. He stumbles into and out of most sentences. He is childish and emotionally stunted. He has little business acumen. He doesn't even truly want to run the country...I forget which guy it was, but Trump's campaign contacted someone to be a possible VP and was trying to talk them into it, said 'oh come on, you'll have plenty of power, Trump will give you control of policy' to which he asked 'what policy?' which was answered with 'foreign policy, domestic policy' ...which is of course literally the job of the president. Oh, and also most Americans, around 70% on average, don't even like the guy. He won't get elected.

Trump, if by some insanity were elected, would be a serious problem, but because he would fumble and cause all sorts of issues by way of mistakes and missteps and goofs, not because he had cunning plans of action and sneaky plots for domination.

edit: I do not like Hitler, for the record. Lol

Edited by auxien

Yeah I pulled a godwins

I think the comparisons are pretty superficial - it just struck me reading it that without mentioning trump by name it still makes you think of him - undoubtedly intentional by the author of this review.

I think the comparison that worries me most is people underestimating them

- as partisan as the us seems it's really not very much like 1930s Germany at all so even if he were to win I think he'd just end up the face of someone else's agenda - which is what he seemed to want anyway if you believe that story about him approaching vice presidential candidates with the offer of control over "domestic and foreign policy" (i.e everything)

Edited by Sally Vingoe

Yeah I pulled a godwins

I think the comparisons are pretty superficial - it just struck me reading it that without mentioning trump by name it still makes you think of him - undoubtedly intentional by the author of this review.

I think the comparison that worries me most is people underestimating them

- as partisan as the us seems it's really not very much like 1930s Germany at all so even if he were to win I think he'd just end up the face of someone else's agenda - which is what he seemed to want anyway if you believe that story about him approaching vice presidential candidates with the offer of control over "domestic and foreign policy" (i.e everything)

United States were always fascinated by Hitler, his regime and achievements. Especially the military which was copied and assimilated into their doctrine as far as it can go and then upgraded with immense funding. Hollywood went beyond in-your-face propaganda and achieved a level of political and socio-economical think tank that even Goebbels would be proud of. Their state security and national security agencies are triple of what the Sturmabteilung, Abwehr or the SS (SD) achieved.

Comparing Trump to Hitler is ridiculous, Trump is a clown, Hitler had a vision and intelligence. He was criminal, but so are all leaders. There wasn't a single country in the history of mankind which achieved their set political goals without criminal activity and ethnical discrimination. USA is no exception.

Yeah I pulled a godwins

Yeah, I'm with you on all that. And I wasn't taking things too seriously, you never said Trump is Hitler! or something dumb like that...I just more wanted to rant about it being a constant of this election cycle that the comparison is brought up, imo far too often.

There wasn't a single country in the history of mankind which achieved their set political goals without criminal activity and ethnical discrimination. USA is no exception.

Also yes to this.