IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

2 hours ago, very honest said:

good hayes segment with some good footage and data points:

jeez, i know clips like this and msnbc in general are designed to make me as outraged as possible.....but wow, that segment made me outraged.

if trump doesn't face legal consequences for this, then it will happen again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mister miller said:

jeez, i know clips like this and msnbc in general are designed to make me as outraged as possible.....but wow, that segment made me outraged.

if trump doesn't face legal consequences for this, then it will happen again.

hate to say it but they should've shot more of these people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4aikl9gonja61.jpg?width=642&auto=webp&s=

fucking stark image. 

Christie: If Trump's actions aren't impeachable, 'then I don't really know what is'

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/533534-christie-if-trumps-actions-arent-impeachable-then-i-dont-really

Trump was more upset that Capitol mob looked ‘low class’ than about violent attacks, reports say

Advisers say the president was ‘turned off’ by the look of his supporters as they attacked the US Capitol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-mob-capitol-riots-poor-low-class-b1785099.html

American culture and society still refuses to speak the language of modernity. “Insurrection” is old, obsolete term that reflects an equally obsolete political and social understanding. They’re a thing that used to happen before the modern world — of middle classes and technology and industrial economies — existed, precisely because they reflect a pre-modern world of serfs and peasants over slaves, owned and ruled by lords and kings. Properly speaking, an “insurrection” is an attempt by such exploited people to be free for the first time, to break the bonds of their ownership, whether they were serfs owned by nobles, or slaves owned by serfs. None of that is remotely what this was. This was just what it appeared to be, to any sane and thoughtful and sensible person.

It wasn’t an insurrection, it was a coup. Those weren’t rioters, those were fascists.

They Weren’t Rioters, They Were Fascists. It Wasn’t an Insurrection, It Was a Coup. (Umair Haque/Eudaimonia)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, very honest said:

this timeline is so weird. 

this was pretty shmaltzy but still good, there's some earnest in there that very few (that i see) are saying these days. he goes on too long and he's a weird sorta guy the little i know about him (politically/etc.) but whatevs man, Arnie's best when he's laying it on thick

arnold schwarzenegger camouflage GIF

edit: also i'm still not keen on the 'coup' narrative, even if it may be technically correct. but i've not kept up much with reporting over the last day or so and sure enough about any of it to back up my opinion. may read some of those ^ bits linked up this page

Edited by auxien
  • Like 2

I'm willing to watch that Arnold video if he takes the music out.

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Reverend Voight. He must be a very talented man to have the ability to belong to one religion and one cult.

42 minutes ago, dcom said:

Hey now, if you start getting into how words are used, you'll have to argue with cyanobacteria.

• Haha 1

we should be worried about mob violence.  they would've done the same or worse to members of congress had they found them.

edit: with sound. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

98E5DFDB-9591-49DF-BBB2-F90A816525A5.jpeg

pff, so very comfortable bandwagoning now that he's no 2 weeks from no longer being a "person of public interest" aka "person of financial interest"... i mean yeah of course i welcome the mass banning as it will hurt the trumpster but c'mon, where were your balls all that time... fuck off big tech knights of clear consience.

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 5

Seems like for many protesters there, it was either a coup/revolution, or just an expression of their anger, which was supposed to be non-violent, and yet somehow also includes breaking into the capitol... but they didn't mean for anyone to get hurt on top of that.....

This makes me worried that they are in such disarray that someone much worse than Trump may come along and pick them up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Seems like for many protesters there, it was either a coup/revolution, or just an expression of their anger, which was supposed to be non-violent, and yet somehow also includes breaking into the capitol... but they didn't mean for anyone to get hurt on top of that.....

This makes me worried that they are in such disarray that someone much worse than Trump may come along and pick them up.

yeah. .someone smarter. trump is gifted at the grift and speaking to his people but otherwise isn't very smart at all. he had some enablers around him and he held them hostage as much as he could. 

most of the protestors stayed outside the capitol. but it seems obvious shit got out of hand and the super angry determined people were in front and felt emboldened by the crowd and trump's words. My guess is the FBI has identified most people who went inside the capitol and have put their names on the no fly list and other relevant lists until they can investigate. 

this was a coup attempt though imo. and some security failures and some people in various agencies just looking the other way.

i'm gonna go make some pancakes for dinner and work on tracks to put these feels to bed for a while because fuck. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

most of the protestors stayed outside the capitol. but it seems obvious shit got out of hand and the super angry determined people were in front and felt emboldened by the crowd and trump's words.

Isn't that an apt analogy for Trump's political party as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

9 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Isn't that an apt analogy for Trump's political party as a whole.

yeah i guess.. though i think this is what trump was hoping for all along

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

we should be worried about mob violence.  they would've done the same or worse to members of congress had they found them.

edit: with sound. 

@Joyrex We need a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ reaction.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ignatius said:

yeah i guess.. though i think this is what trump was hoping for all along

Well, the people staying behind is more of the "just going along with the other Republicans" type of thing. The actually violent people  breaking into the capitol number much smaller, but are much louder.