IGNORED

Mt. Fuji 2017 Cassette

dudenorth

Agreed! Butt it,s not the one i,m looking for...?

Still, it's cool to spot some bits which ended up to other afx tracks.

Yeah, exactly! I,ve been breaking my head all week about wich track "Matrix T9" reminds me of. It has been driving me CRAZY!!! Can anybody help me out????
Just re-posting this on this page... cuz i realy need some help figuring this one out...:p Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I dont care if/when he puts out new stuff, I have so much other music to listen to. I just want the long teased-at MFM to come out so that I can share it with my family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Warp are selling the Fuji Cassette at Indie Label Market in London today - if you facny picking one up for me? that'd be great  :emb:

Actually - it's just a giveaway of the last remaining copy according to a previous tweet - ah well.

• 1 month later...

I really don't get these modular tracks at all. Do people really enjoy them or is it a bit Emperors New Clothes?

I'm definitely in the minority but I think this is possibly my favourite release of his since drukQs - just really love the range of ... well everything ! From style, to production technique, sound-stage, track structure, everything is just so varied and intriguing sonically

I find so much of his recent output to drag a bit with the melancholy custom-tuned synths slowly crying through each track, but these little experiments never outstay their welcome. Like little sci-fi environments that buzz around your ears that you can dip-in and out of a la Gescom Minidisc.

Very much reminds me of the mid-last century tape experiments from the various electronic pioneers. And yeah pretentious little me loves it !

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

People : ''give us innovative experimental trx Richard!!! really, AFX doesnt make edgy stuff like he use to! such a shame''

Richard: ''alright here is a bunch of crazy modular experiments''

People : ''wtf is this shit??? this is unlistenable''

lol joke aside

This has probably the most experimental trx and sound experiments he has ever released. These short form modular snippets kinda remind me of some of the Delia Derbyshire compositions in their spirit.

I want even more of those Buchlas experiments, i would take 20mins long form ( like AE did with NTS) of this stuff. Full untamed long form AFX modular trx.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, cboyardeat said:

Yep. Imagine being able to fuck about on a modular setup for a few days and then flog it on cassette and make a mint.. alright for some. Bet Richard is laughing

i don't understand

• Like 1

i don't own the cassette but i got all these songs free from aphex didn't you

some were the syrobonkus interview trax

plus the over 270 songs free on soundclurd

more than most create in their lifetime

given away

thanks rdj

:aphexsign:

• Like 1