IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

You know what I'd really be chuffed with?

BOC Maxima - a proper, official release akin to Twoism. Arguably Boards' best work and yes, MHTRTC is the result of that, but Maxima is so special, so... perfect in its arrangement.

• Like 2

Just now, Fredd-E said:

He continued visiting Twoism until February 2023 if that’s any consolation?

Well, to be fair, there's far more activity there around the band than here, so that makes sense.

23 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

BOC Maxima - a proper, official release akin to Twoism. Arguably Boards' best work and yes, MHTRTC is the result of that, but Maxima is so special, so... perfect in its arrangement.

You’ve heard it here first folks, Maxima is getting a release! :wink::dadjoke:

I find it entertaining but it is a little embarrassing. I'm guilty of posting some absolute twaddle on here but it's the nature of the beast that this thread is I'm afraid. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thumbass said:

Yeah Fred and Joyrex both acting like assholes with each other for no fucking reason lol

I can find a few valid reasons though 🙂 We’re both 40+ stubborn fans with often an opposite outlook on the future of BoC. Polarization is the foundation of these hefty discussions. And I guess both of us, despite our midlife crisis age, are still very much kids for today. Even more so part of it all is the ages old (needless) battle between WATMM and Twoism forum. I’ve been here for a very long time but still you could feel the animosity.

• Like 1

The new BOC album will be A.I generated through this thread, through all the text we said. Those two punks have been sitting there in their off-grid igloo, waiting for us to type whatever here, and they will just sit there and translate it through their current machines, into beats and patterns and shapes whatever, with whatever they have now, since the last album. 🙂

• Thanks 1

The devil makes work of idle hands.

(Us not them)

BOC would probably agree with that quote concerning this thread. I do think the 'animosity' side of things has got a bit old.

Edited by beerwolf

7 hours ago, NewSchoolScience said:

I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

lol so ur saying it's gonna unite humanity and save the planet? I remember seeing a movie about that once when I was a kid...

spacer.png

Edited by zero
  • Like 1

can we invite boc and afx.. make a thread for them. they duke it out verbally/musically. rest of the forum is images only again so we can only do like popcorn reactions. loser has to release a new album. next season is subforum battle, last place has to go :crazy:

On 6/25/2024 at 9:10 PM, Joyrex said:

agreed.

always thought maxima > music

I was reading Futurology by Simon Reynolds the other day and the section about BoC made me think about the problem they face in making new music. Their music relies on a sort of half-remembered corrupted essence of different eras of their past and they are running out of it. MHTRTC had its warbly analog synths, snatches of disco, public information films of the 70s. Geo was a bit more like the late 60s the death of the hippy dream, darker psychedelia etc. TCH riffed on the sort of lushly arranged acoustic singer-songwriter era of the mid 70s.. TH moved the dial forward a touch to the grungy video nasties of the early 80s..

So what next?

Chillwave already mined the mid 80s nostalgia sound dry, vaporwave has done the same for the early 90s, and of course this sort of monoculture was obliterated by the internet around 2000 by which time BoC were already a going concern. Maybe their next LP will be a hauntological take on the late 90s BoC sound?, eating its own tail?

More likely they will hyperfocus on some specific and semi-underground part of 70s/80s culture and manage to do their usual thing with it. I wonder what that will be?

• Like 2
  • Big Brain 1