IGNORED

Will BOC Release A New Album?

fumi

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Their kids must be in their early 30's by now so can't use that as an excuse anymore ๐Ÿ˜€

You're assuming they only had one set of kids (this is commune/cult after all - just kidding!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2024 at 8:05 PM, beerwolf said:

I might bash one out (choke the chicken) when there's news of a new album. Why not?!

what if there's another ultimatum :cattears:

Already 10 months old, but hadn't heard it before, and didn't find any mentions here on WATMM.

Edited by dcom
  • Sad 1

On 7/21/2024 at 7:41 AM, auxien said:
On 6/18/2024 at 6:02 PM, auxien said:
On 5/13/2024 at 7:42 PM, auxien said:
On 3/8/2024 at 7:37 PM, auxien said:
ย  On 11/13/2023 at 6:27 PM, auxien said:
ย  On 8/31/2023 at 7:50 PM, auxien said:
On 6/9/2023 at 6:08 PM, auxien said:
On 5/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, auxien said:
On 5/4/2023 at 6:39 AM, auxien said:

ย 

On 4/24/2023 at 6:48 AM, auxien said:
On 4/2/2023 at 10:22 AM, auxien said:

ย 

On 8/29/2024 at 1:10 PM, dcom said:

didn't find any mentions here on WATMM.

Probably because we would then have to acknowledge it's existence...

Theyโ€™re back! They release under Seefeel moniker now but donโ€™t bother with that!

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, xox said:

Theyโ€™re back! They release under Seefeel moniker now but donโ€™t bother with that!

ย 

I actually thought to myself when I played the new Seefeel EP, that if the new BOC sounded like this I wouldn't complain at all.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually beginning to think Joyrex is right. Need more info about Bird Watcher Extraordinaire Andy's Mate. Pretty sure Autumn time is a good time for twitching, so less time in the studio. What with the school holidays and all that the view through my binoculars looks pretty grim.

Since the last few years Warp albums (WARP not WAP) have an average of 60 waiting days in between announcement and release date. Given the fact nothing major in terms of album releases happen in December, we'd probably need an album announcement near the end of this month in order to have a release date about 60 days later end of November.

If not our hopium shifts to 2025, Boards of Canada's 30th anniversary (if we count 1995's Twoism as their start).

A 30th anniversary bocset would generate some nice headlines in the press, right?ย 

Edited by Fredd-E
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

41 minutes ago, Fredd-E said:

Since the last few years Warp albums (WARP not WAP) have an average of 60 waiting days in between announcement and release date. Given the fact nothing major in terms of album releases happen in December, we'd probably need an album announcement near the end of this month in order to have a release date about 60 days later end of November.

If not our hopium shifts to 2025, Boards of Canada's 30th anniversary (if we count 1995's Twoism as their start).

A 30th anniversary bocset would generate some nice headlines in the press, right?ย 

stop-it-get-some-help-gif-15058124.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, Fredd-E said:

...an average of 60 waiting days in between announcement and release date...

Is this average or median?ย  What's your distribution look like, is it normal or skewed?ย  What's your p-value?

4 minutes ago, EdamAnchorman said:

Is this average or median?ย  What's your distribution look like, is it normal or skewed?ย  What's your p-value?

average, pretty, slanted, the smallest weird number

Without wanting to get sucked into a twoism style vortex of numbers and anniversary dates of the most obscure nature, I'd admit the 30th anniversary of Twoism would be the time to drop a BOC set.
ย 

If I had to wager a ยฃ100 bet on a date I'd go with that.ย 

Edited by beerwolf

time does not flow for the bros like it does for the rest of us
they operate outside the normal boundaries of time, space & conscious reality
anniverseries mean nothing to the agelss boundless voyagaers
Canada? it is nothing, just a referential component of one small blip in the universal superconsciousness
the music transdences all knwon realms & touches universes beyond ours
a year, ten years, ten thousand? but a blink int the eyes of brothers in the musicscphere