IGNORED

Elon Musk's Starman - Is this shitty future real wtf

YO303

"Teslas are nice, but" no they're not. Model X is one of the ugliest cars on the road. Everyone that drives one is a cunt. I'm also fucking tired hearing about musk and all the stupid twatty stuff he says and does for attention, basically another kanye west.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 2

^ lol

1 hour ago, randomsummer said:

The big problem with mass EV adoption will be stress on the electrical grid.

I hadn't even thought this far. it's obviously beyond just the automotive industry, power companies and a slew of related industries need to get on board. which means that no single person or company is going to be able to single-handedly change anything.

11 minutes ago, usagi said:

^ lol

I hadn't even thought this far. it's obviously beyond just the automotive industry, power companies and a slew of related industries need to get on board. which means that no single person or company is going to be able to single-handedly change anything.

Hopefully more and more progressive state governments will start incentivize homeowners to install solar panels (particularly systems with battery features) so that people can plug in at home. We don’t have an EV unfortunately but we added solar panels last year and stopped short of the battery option because it was prohibitively expensive. It’s kind of a pipe dream at the moment for most eco-minded people to own an EV and then have the ability to change it at home. Would be nice tho. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, usagi said:

^ lol

And yet another reason in the long list showing that Musk's "going to single-handedly save the world" crap is all such delusional bullshit.

Regarding solar, I would love to have solar installed so that I can charge my car from the sun and move to my utility's time-of-use program (doesn't make $$ sense without having solar), but according to my utility my neighborhood is already "solar-ed out" meaning at max capacity to feed back into the grid during peak sunshine hours.  So I couldn't even get solar if I paid for it all tomorrow.  Another example of how the grid will be the rate-limiting step holding back a lot of these things.

Edit:  and wouldn't it be great for people in sunny parts of the world to have solar with battery storage, allowing them to be effectively off the grid?  Yeah, well, the utilities basically made this illegal because then they would lose so much money by losing so many customers.  Instead they let you generate all you can use and buy your excess at less than wholesale prices while selling you electricity at super high rates when you need it.

Edited by randomsummer

1 hour ago, Amen Warrior said:

"Teslas are nice, but" no they're not. Model X is one of the ugliest cars on the road. Everyone that drives one is a cunt. I'm also fucking tired hearing about musk and all the stupid twatty stuff he says and does for attention, basically another kanye west.

If I ever get a EV it'll be on of those new Ford trucks, hopefully built in a UAW factory. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

If I ever get a EV it'll be on of those new Ford trucks, hopefully built in a UAW factory. 

My neighborhood is loaded with macho bros that all have the biggest dumbest trucks on earth, most of which are sparkling clean and 100% not used for any sort of lifting, heavy or otherwise. My wife and I have been sharing a tiny Mazda 2 for 11 years and have no need or desire for a big truck (despite being told more than once by people who see my tiny car that I need one) but something in me wants to just get the biggest EV pickup I can get just to help motivate these tiny dick gorilla brains to get one. I’ll get a vanity plate that says “ha no gas” or something snarky like that. 

• Like 4

I'm not american, also never buy new cars (makes no sense financially), and probably about 10 years out from owning an ev. The new Honda e look very cool. I wouldn't ever buy an American made or designed car, even if the CEO isn't a total cockend.

Ps I have a BMW m1 so please take what I say about anyone other drivers being cunts with an absolutely massive pinch of salt

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

22 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

My neighborhood is loaded with macho bros that all have the biggest dumbest trucks on earth, most of which are sparkling clean and 100% not used for any sort of lifting, heavy or otherwise. My wife and I have been sharing a tiny Mazda 2 for 11 years and have no need or desire for a big truck (despite being told more than once by people who see my tiny car that I need one) but something in me wants to just get the biggest EV pickup I can get just to help motivate these tiny dick gorilla brains to get one. I’ll get a vanity plate that says “ha no gas” or something snarky like that. 

chad contractor with used 90s japanese mini truck versus virgin commuter bro with lifted heavy duty extended cab

I have a 4runner now, I have no qualms getting it dirty and actually using it for DIY stuff and field checks at work. Before that I used my Scion xB to haul all sorts of stuff. A EV truck would also be a backup generator of sorts. 

A place I used to work at that uses Ford 250s for their fleet looked into ordering a Ford Lightning, the only reason they didn't was they couldn't figure out an efficient way to charge it outside (they don't have a garage). The irony of EVs is that American infrastructure just hasn't caught up to make them as cost-effective and appealing to most drivers. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 1:21 AM, ignatius said:

LMAO

TBH, the 5% bot amount feels like it's way off. More than 5% of accounts I was actively FOLLOWING were bots. Also there are probably quite a lot of dupes. At one point I had three accounts myself and one of them was a bot, a kind of IRC/Twitter/SMS bridge back when mobile internet wasn't so common.

12 hours ago, zkom said:

TBH, the 5% bot amount feels like it's way off. More than 5% of accounts I was actively FOLLOWING were bots. Also there are probably quite a lot of dupes. At one point I had three accounts myself and one of them was a bot, a kind of IRC/Twitter/SMS bridge back when mobile internet wasn't so common.

my shitposting account gets new bot followers all the time. almost always appearing as a young single woman. 

• Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

aaaand... he's pulled out. LOL

doesn't seem like he ever pulls out. had secret twin kids just recently. 

I feel like Musk's objective with Twitter was not necessarily to buy it but to use the whole bot / misinfo thing to his advantage.  Making the offer to buy was the only way he could get inside info on how much is really going on.

Now that he's backing out, he can be all like, "LoOk, ThEyRe HiDiNg StUfF!  ThE iNfO tHeY gAvE mE wAsNt CoMpLeTe!" and discredit Twitter.

Whether or not Twitter deserves this is another story, but I feel like Musk was never really interested in buying it, he just spent several billion dollars to try and discredit Twitter.

2 hours ago, randomsummer said:

I feel like Musk's objective with Twitter was not necessarily to buy it but to use the whole bot / misinfo thing to his advantage.  Making the offer to buy was the only way he could get inside info on how much is really going on.

that and some good old keep the name in the papers dollar

Wasn't this announced the day before a story broke that he showed his dick to a stewardess on a plane ride or some shit?