IGNORED

the original avril 14th is a load of ass. the...

oscillik

I have to say I never particularly liked the piano pieces in Drukqs. They're ok interludes but not really stand out on their own for me.

I have to say I never particularly liked the piano pieces in Drukqs. They're ok interludes but not really stand out on their own for me.

Really? Just listen to Petiatil Cx Htdui...

That's gonna get played at my funeral :)

Orig. Avril must be the most overrated Aphex song imho. It's OK at best but can't understand what makes it so super special. Those two alternate takes are way much better. When talking about Drukqs piano tracks Beskhu3epnm for the win.

Are these versions ok?

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

has anyone matched the tempos and over-layed these different version together to create a boss version of Avril 14th? would sound trippy af i would imagine 

Alt Delay is the best version. Never really been into the original as a standalone, though in the context of drukQs as a whole it definitely serves an important purpose.

what? I love the Alt Delay version. The slight detuning of the sustained notes mixing with what I can only imagine is a BBD giving its own lil' warble to it. Fookin lush m8. 

Nanou2, Avril and some of the other prepared piano pieces have a special place in my heart so I'm a lil biased. Having programmed a disklavier at the local university (in a weird room with the organs, pretty cool find) I appreciate the fuck out of how he was able to make it sound in some tracks. Getting the dynamics and velocity alone when programming from DAW midi makes it pretty hard to not have it sound like shit or like its being played by a robot on amphetamines if you get it too perfect. 

Archived