IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

7 minutes ago, auxien said:

this is insane, how much y’all must’ve put in to get this sounding so good. legendary shit.

If it wasn't for digit insisting on making the nord/mpc louder, the mix would be bassdrums and hihats

Edited by IOS
LOUDER
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, IOS said:

If it wasn't for digit insisting on making the nord/mpc louder, the mix would be bassdrums and hihats

this is basically true. we did 11 revisions of the mix and most of my feedback can basically be summed up as "make Robs parts louder". ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

God's work was done in this thread.

Listening on repeat until the associations with the dumb utterances dissolve

"It's effective"

"We're missing some sounds, let's go somewhere else huh"

"You and I were thinking of the same song"

• Like 2

Absolutely amazing guys, I can’t quite believe it has happened, it seemed like such an impossible mountain to climb. 

need to get on the computer and d/l asap, the comments are making me so excited 

• Like 1

All I'll say here is, this was effing super-challenging material to mix; Ae make it so effortlessly awesome-sounding in their live sets/releases.

The more you work with this material, the more you think "WHAT THE FUCK, I could tell just by listening to it that it must have taken a lot of work, but this is bonkers!!" And then you go and compare what you've recreated/mixed to the boot, and you realise there's fuckin MORE to it. And then you remember that you never had to spend time crafting the sounds on the various synths they used.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Farnsworth 2