IGNORED

Aphex Twin, Festival Ceremonia, México. April 6 2019

markedone

Luckily, there were moments of real transgression and transcendence to be found in other corners of the festival—especially in the tent curated by the local queer collective Traición

so AFX has to be queer to be relevant transcendent? fucking lol

Welcome to 2019 where the social justice fascists have co-opted every single scene that was once cool ....and anyone who challenges them is an "edgelord" or some other demonizing label. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily, there were moments of real transgression and transcendence to be found in other corners of the festival—especially in the tent curated by the local queer collective Traición

Welcome to 2019 where the social justice fascists have co-opted every single scene that was once cool ....and anyone who challenges them is an "edgelord" or some other demonizing label.

giphy.gif

Nah you're overthinking this. Eye-roll inducing aside it's harmless. I should note too that there's still plenty of homophobic bullshit thrown at LGBTQ electronic producers, RA had to lock comments because there was an embarrassing amount of trolling anytime there was an article about an artist like Octo Octa.

My gripe with the article was it was a half-baked rant. The idea that there's this oppressive SJW hegemony on music scenes is fucking nonsense. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 10:36 AM, diatoms said:

Tha shit!!!!!

with 15 minutes left of the set

:aphexsign:  :aphexsign:  :aphexsign:

I like the video's message in the lower right corner

REAL EYES

REALIZE

REAL LIES

My Gosh

listening again to live

Tha

and hearing the crowd in Mexico

having an Awesome Time!!!

Healing at every Rave You Light Up, RDJ:)

:aphexsign:  :aphexsign:  :aphexsign:

Gracias diatoms, I had an amazing time there, as I'm sure many did, being the first time aphex has ever played in latin america.

((Sorry for making fun of your centered text earlier btw. Do you!!))

The bit you mention (Tha live version) was particularly special as it is a slower track so people could look at each other, and also to see the visuals which were based on mexican pop culture and politics.  Futobolistas, Santo (luchador), Cantinflas, Diego Luna, Cuaron+Yalitzi (of the film Roma), And then the way he transitioned out was perfect:  It strobed an image of 'mexico will not pay' (for trumps wall obvi) and the crowd went nuts right as he transitioned into more hardcore beats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

every time i hear live tha with ravers having fun

makes me cry with happiness:)

one of my favorite :aphexsign:

markedone, i like your memory of the rave when tha played:)

On 5/6/2019 at 3:35 AM, markedone said:

The bit you mention (Tha live version) was particularly special as it is a slower track so people could look at each other, and also to see the visuals which were based on mexican pop culture and politics.  Futobolistas, Santo (luchador), Cantinflas, Diego Luna, Cuaron+Yalitzi (of the film Roma), And then the way he transitioned out was perfect:  It strobed an image of 'mexico will not pay' (for trumps wall obvi) and the crowd went nuts right as he transitioned into more hardcore beats.

Archived