IGNORED

I just cannot get into Syro

ulul

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note to all: I have refunded the OP's subscription, and banned them from the forums for life. That is all.

:dadjoke:

Hmm.

Well, of course I'm kidding, and you're entitled to your opinion...

...however incorrect it may be :dadjoke:

Seriously though - I'm genuinely curious how songs like Minipops and Patapat (amongst others) aren't (to you) shining examples of Richard at his best...

The track Syro is funky af.  I would've thought that one could be appreciated by just about anyone.  I can understand how the others wouldn't gel with some people, but that one sounds like a universal boner to me.

I just wanna clarify again that it's not that I don't appreciate that the tracks are well made or good in their own right, is simply that post tuss aphex sound is not my cup of tea (n I know he don't owe me anything yadda yadda, ts just ma ears I guess)

That night, we were in that club, fucking disgujsting, whore.

e: I know that's not the xmas track. what was up with that though. weird. weirdest part of the album

I always heard the following...

Girl 1: “well it was fookin one o yas”

Girl 2: “disgujsting”

Was it on here I read it was a sample from Made In Chelsea?! Does anyone want to volunteer to watch every one of the 8 million episodes to find the exact bit?

I just wanna clarify again that it's not that I don't appreciate that the tracks are well made or good in their own right, is simply that post tuss aphex sound is not my cup of tea (n I know he don't owe me anything yadda yadda, ts just ma ears I guess)

This.

This.

...but you have't heard it?

Xmas has never been a highlight for me, but definitely a curiosity since I'm aware how crazy everyone else seems to be about it.  That's a track I look to when I'm trying to understand other peoples' tastes.

its really pretty and constantly changing

The vinyl master is vastly superior. It’s not quite as compressed and limited. The digital sounds like they over did it with multi band compression. I will say the 24bit digital from blerp sounds slightly better than the cd or mp3. However there’s a tasty 96k24bit rip of the vinyl floating out there in shared land.

It just breaths better. It’s not so jarring. Those first notes of minipops doesnt grate into your cochlea like the digital release. It sounds balanced too

The vinyl master is vastly superior. It’s not quite as compressed and limited. The digital sounds like they over did it with multi band compression. I will say the 24bit digital from blerp sounds slightly better than the cd or mp3. However there’s a tasty 96k24bit rip of the vinyl floating out there in shared land.

Words from Aphex's mastering engineer for Syro (Aphex chatter starts at 24:57, cool insights and perspective throughout, though).

Finally got myself a vinyl copy of syro over the weekend and I prefer the mastering too I think. It's interesting as I'm not particularly a fan of vinyl, more of a cd guy. This makes me wonder if it's an age thing. Vinyl can't handle the frequency response and "loudness" that digital can so I'm guess the vinyl has a more restrictive frequency and greater dynamics which I guess I'm used too, its kinda like the way I love the sound of tape. But anyway yeah I'm saying I think the vinyl Is better too..would much prefer a digital version of the vinyl master's though, never been a fan of tone arm resonance and additional crackle. If rich wants to upload one to the store he can get my cash a third time.

Archived