• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Eh? The CGI is amazing!!!

It is! Poorly worded comment on my part. I was referencing the post I quoted "... these set pieces were pure CG but they all looked amazing and almost never took me out of the moment."

I didn't get taken out of the moment while watching, the desert mouse or even with the sandworms, things overtly CG... I was just so engrossed. We went to the same IMAX, guessing you saw the same trailers. The Planet of the Apes, Kong v Godzilla or whatever it's called. I can't watch films like that, it's like watching a computer game. 

• Like 1

Part 2 was really good. Picked up the pacing right away, maybe too fast towards the end to get all that through the gate. Kinda bummed pt 3 won't be anytime soon, maybe if it does really well at the box office it will grease the gears.

I preferred the quieter bits without the score, especially as there wasn't really anything new from the first part. Imagine The Dark Knight with the Batman Begins score... The sandworm sequence got so loud that the speakers in the theater started clipping, what a bummer. 

Edited by chim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scaramouche said:

It is! Poorly worded comment on my part. I was referencing the post I quoted "... these set pieces were pure CG but they all looked amazing and almost never took me out of the moment."

I didn't get taken out of the moment while watching, the desert mouse or even with the sandworms, things overtly CG... I was just so engrossed. We went to the same IMAX, guessing you saw the same trailers. The Planet of the Apes, Kong v Godzilla or whatever it's called. I can't watch films like that, it's like watching a computer game. 

Oh I see!

Yes I did see the same trailers! I too thought the same as well!!

Edited by Pirtek

3 hours ago, o00o said:

I wonder if there are going to be sketchbook versions as well

That would brilliant if there was, but by this time with the first soundtrack, it was already announced so maybe not.

saw it yesterday. i liked it. pretty heavy on certain themes which is maybe that way in the books but i haven't read the books so.. not gonna give spoilers. 

it sounded good where i was. i didn't notice clipping but the sandworm sequence did get pretty loud. i noticed less of what's her name's singing during the paul centered themes but maybe i was too engrossed to notice. 

timothy chalamet was good. rose to the occasion i thought. all the cast was good really. well told story. lot's of conflict. lot's of tension

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pirtek said:

That would brilliant if there was, but by this time with the first soundtrack, it was already announced so maybe not.

Yeah I just directly compared the sketchbook to the current one and the sketchbook sounds much richer and the themes are much more nuanced. I think I am not going to buy the current vinyl as the other one is so much better 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, o00o said:

Yeah I just directly compared the sketchbook to the current one and the sketchbook sounds much richer and the themes are much more nuanced. I think I am not going to buy the current vinyl as the other one is so much better 

I know what you mean. I have the sketchbook on vinyl. It's far superior to the main soundtrack 

7 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

Aye. I went Friday 16:40.

Ha! Me too!!  😊👍

7 hours ago, auxien said:

Saw this yesterday. Brilliant!! 🤣🤣

• Like 2

15 hours ago, o00o said:

Vinyl is also for preorder:

https://www.madebymutant.com/release/443210-hans-zimmer-dune-part-two-original-motion-picture-soundtrack

I wonder if there are going to be sketchbook versions as well

IMG_3471.thumb.png.3da2862ca328c4fbf9a66b473a1ee081.pngIMG_3472.thumb.jpeg.a0a174d2dbbf2ed8fc1700835a09c747.jpegIMG_3473.thumb.png.2e6cdbb404f0cc9b20f0d3b1288866cd.png

Caved and pre-ordered. 

Time for a re-read.

(Sure I've mentioned this before) if you like audiobooks the Dune one is pretty pretty good: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Dune-Audiobook/B004FTBFSI

Edited by Scaramouche
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scaramouche said:

Caved and pre-ordered. 

Time for a re-read.

(Sure I've mentioned this before) if you like audiobooks the Dune one is pretty pretty good: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/Dune-Audiobook/B004FTBFSI

I'm thinking about getting it. Might have to wait a bit though. Spent too much recently!

I have all the books. I've been thinking of reading them again as well. I've also got the first six books on audio (and Paul of Dune). Yes, they've done a good job of them.