Rewatched Part 2 on Friday, different IMAX venue, this time with better seats.

I love Part 2. I was grinning like an idiot for the first section. If time wasn't an issue, I'd happily go and watch this a few more times. 

Enjoyed the film even more on a second viewing, probs because I could relax this time, though the faults were more apparent. 

Positives:

One of the best films I've seen at the cinema period. Design, visuals, the cast...

Austin Butler as Feyd (doffs cap) would loved to have had more screen time with him. 

The sequence on Giedi Prime. 

Paul and Chani's relationship/her role -  I like the changes and the prominence they've given to Chani's role. + They have great chemistry on screen, tugged on my heart strings when they were at the wind trap. 

I could go on

image.thumb.jpeg.b7e391bb097c8b9471337ca1b621327f.jpeg

Negatives:

Christopher Walken - Pretty sure I laughed at the same point when Walken goes full Walken. He jars in this. 

Final act is at break neck pace, it feels disjointed in places. I wonder what was left on the cutting room floor?

Spoiler

The pace really is insane in the final act. Once Feyd arrives on Arrakis it goes to 11. The attack on Sietch Tabr... one minute Paul is having a chat about the dangers of travelling south, then you see Feyd make S'mores with Shishakli. 

Paul's arrival in the south to take the water of life... then Chani arrives by thopter. Sure they probably each had their own bus routes and went to different Sietches, but...

1 hour ago, xox said:

Dunno is this pic more appropriate for this or the alen thread… anyway imo giger was hilarious 😂 

IMG_5910.webp

Feel a bit sordid giving that image a like 🤣

Edited by Scaramouche
  • Like 3

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

Christopher Walken - He jars in this. 

I quite liked his take on the Emperor. Very subtle and not over the top type. Like a sympathetic villain.

3 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

Final act is at break neck pace, it feels disjointed in places. I wonder what was left on the cutting room floor?

I know what you mean. Probably needed the reigns pulling ever so slightly. I also agree with your hidden comments.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

I quite liked his take on the Emperor. Very subtle and not over the top type. Like a sympathetic villain.

I find him an odd choice, though I am a Walken fan. He's good for the most part, but just some moments make me laugh. Was waiting for him to say something like "The Atreides. Buckwheats." in response to the Reverend Mother.

• Like 1

but yeah I agree, Walken was hilariously just Walken. he may as well have been in 70s New York instead of far flung space in 10,999 or whatever year it's meant to be.

Seemed that Usul’s coma induced by drinking the water of life was more like a power nap 

• Farnsworth 2

4 minutes ago, Walter Ostanek said:

still not managed to see it but can't wait. who plays the pug in this version?

Florence Pugh, obviously. 

Spoiler

rim shot. she's obviously smashing. 

• Haha 3

On 3/29/2024 at 9:29 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Cool! Alamo Draft House was playing something similar to this before Dune 2. but it would cut between the 3 different versions for each scene instead of showing all three at once. I think it was about 30 min long.

Edited by colunga
  • Like 1