IGNORED

I had a manic episode

YangYing

Phogot - ice cubes in a plastic bag placed on the back of your neck can shock your physiological responses into more amenable levels. Sounds weird but seen it work too many times to dismiss.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big love to ya, @MIXL2 ❤️

take time to be with family, friends, loved ones. the way to overcome this sort of thing is to break away from the source of it until you build back the stability to face it in a sound mind. I would be careful of making music during this time too, dont force that responsibility on yourself, that can do some wild shit to your physche too but that depends on the individual really.

generally, just take the time to enjoy the good things around you, let your mind simmer down and reset so to speak, ya dig?

Trust me put the brakes on writing stuff of personal nature on here MIXL2. Just PM a few people who you feel you can trust. It's not a wise move to bare your soul on a public forum.

Crazy people can't realize they're crazy so they think they're not crazy and the other way around, people who aren't crazy can't realize they're not crazy so they think they're crazy... 

So if you think you're crazy that just means you're not... You have nothing to worry about dude... 

12 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I wonder if someday you'll just be able to take a pill that gives you manic energy, then when you need to mellow, you take the mellow pill... (watching too much Westworld)

Isn't this a thing in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

1 hour ago, beer badger said:

Trust me put the brakes on writing stuff of personal nature on here MIXL2. Just PM a few people who you feel you can trust. It's not a wise move to bare your soul on a public forum.

This is good advice

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Crazy people can't realize they're crazy so they think they're not crazy and the other way around, people who aren't crazy can't realize they're not crazy so they think they're crazy... 

So if you think you're crazy that just means you're not... You have nothing to worry about dude... 

It's possible to be aware of illnesses that are afflicting you without being in control of them.  Its unwise to assume that you're healthy just because you noticed an episode, because that's how you end up with a latent condition that turns into a big problem when you put yourself into a situation that you aren't stable enough to deal with in a rational way, and along comes an episode worse than the last.  Irreversible mistakes can result from something like that, and it can be extremely ugly.

I'm not saying that any of this necessarily pertains to mix but it's never bad to be too cautious about your mental health, as long as the caution is based on something rational.

Don't let the enigma that is ligma harsh your vibez broski

3 hours ago, Braintree said:

Isn't this a thing in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

I imagine it's in a lot of things. Just so happened to see it in Westworld recently.

7 hours ago, beer badger said:

I've learned this the hard way in the past. Too many opportunists online whose anonymity is their shield.

everything you post is saved forever, scraped by multinational corporations, linked through semantic analysis to your real identity, fed into a knowledge graph and converted into a model of your psychology through which ads can be targeted at you and insurance rates can be set. there is no escape, not even if you are richard stallman, there is only acceptance or avoidance of the internet entirely.  not even tor can save you, not even 69 proxies can save you, not even language normalization models can save you, the reach of the beast is all encompassing and the only way to avoid it is through a worker revolution to bring about worker control of the means of production

14 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

everything you post is saved forever, scraped by multinational corporations, linked through semantic analysis to your real identity, fed into a knowledge graph and converted into a model of your psychology through which ads can be targeted at you and insurance rates can be set. there is no escape, not even if you are richard stallman, there is only acceptance or avoidance of the internet entirely.

not even tor can save you, not even 69 proxies can save you, not even language normalization models can save you,

the reach of the beast is all encompassing 

and the only way to avoid it is through 

?????.

2 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

everything you post is saved forever, scraped by multinational corporations, linked through semantic analysis to your real identity, fed into a knowledge graph and converted into a model of your psychology through which ads can be targeted at you and insurance rates can be set. there is no escape, not even if you are richard stallman, there is only acceptance or avoidance of the internet entirely.  not even tor can save you, not even 69 proxies can save you, not even language normalization models can save you, the reach of the beast is all encompassing and the only way to avoid it is through a worker revolution to bring about worker control of the means of production

Could you please help me find all the crap i posted on watmm before the big 2005 restart? I've looked through the internet archives, but so much is gone. It seems. It's out there online, right? So where the fuck is it?

I somehow missed this thread and only saw you posting in the secret thread. Get well soon man..... Take some time to clear up your mind

1 hour ago, goDel said:

Could you please help me find all the crap i posted on watmm before the big 2005 restart? I've looked through the internet archives, but so much is gone. It seems. It's out there online, right? So where the fuck is it?

Probably on Joyrex's or [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invision_Community] hard drives depending on how he made this site

21 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

Moderators pls ban me for a week

This wasn't a bad idea to be frank. There's still time to invoke the 'Mad dogs and Englishmen' clause.

Archived