IGNORED

Beirut Explosion

bendish

1 hour ago, markedone said:

Would be nice to have less jokes in this thread, imo.

Which thread are you reading? This one has background info and photos. Quite respectful, no?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

Macron just arrived in Beirut, I'm sure everybody was waiting for him ! Now everything will be fine !

:facepalm:

Really don't know what that's going to achieve. Can't he send some ships full of food and medicine instead?

5 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Really don't know what that's going to achieve. Can't he send some ships full of food and medicine instead?

This fucker is doing everything he can to get re elected in 2022...

Update : I mean, this is unreal this cunt is literally calling for a revolution in a foreign country while in the meantime he can't get out in a french street without being insulted...

Was wondering the same thing. I think it's because of the cilindrical shape of the silos. The side facing the blast took all the damage and perhaps the remaining force was absorbed by the grain. Just guessing, really.

Will the people responsible just peace out to some sex island or what? The world could use all sorts of justice right now. 

11 hours ago, Candiru said:

Will the people responsible just peace out to some sex island or what? The world could use all sorts of justice right now. 

At this point it seems hard to point to a single or even a few responsible parties, as it seems that the people in charge of the port knew about the danger but were prevented from doing anything because of inaction by the courts.  I guess you could hold the judges responsible but I read that the entire court system just ignored their letters pleading allowance to get rid of the ammonium nitrate.

One of several coordinated attacks by Trump on a corpse harvesting facility that sat above a hub of human trafficking tunnels that lead to Hollywood according to some Q spastics on facebook. The explosion needed to be big enough to take out the Rothschild Bank too. Great job. On course to cast out the Lizards and ascend to 5D rainbow world.

On 8/7/2020 at 12:43 AM, t yst r said:

Was wondering the same thing. I think it's because of the cilindrical shape of the silos. The side facing the blast took all the damage and perhaps the remaining force was absorbed by the grain. Just guessing, really.

Silos are generally thick steel enforced concrete that can take very heavy explosions while the rest of the dock buildings are corrugated steel with light frames that get blown away by storms.

When the government leaves like this, quick without a fight, it might not be just the government itself which was the actual problem. Or rather, the government might have been the least of the problems.

Just saiyan

super saiyan basketball GIF

lol, gif is completely unrelated. but is f-ing awsum so postin it anyways ;D

4 minutes ago, Candiru said:

But will their replacement be just as bad or worse? 

This government was already a replacement technocrat government that came into power after the protests last year, but it was supported by the major parties. What I've read is that there is no real organized opposition to the corrupt ruling parties so it's unlikely that elections would change much.

29 minutes ago, zkom said:

What I've read is that there is no real organized opposition to the corrupt ruling parties so it's unlikely that elections would change much.

this-is-america.jpg

2 hours ago, zkom said:

This government was already a replacement technocrat government that came into power after the protests last year, but it was supported by the major parties. What I've read is that there is no real organized opposition to the corrupt ruling parties so it's unlikely that elections would change much.

Apparently it was the court system which was one of the main reasons this happened, they'd been trying to get rid of the stuff for years, but judges kept blocking the removal for some reason (maybe due to assigning responsibility for someone to take care of it? dunno, just something I saw on twitter earlier). The governments there have been complicit in general corruption for years though, so this was more of a culmination of long term dissatisfaction than just this one thing. Hezbollah are an even bigger problem than the feckless corruption of the rest of the parties though, running a state within a state. The whole post civil war settlement doesn't seem to have worked as a transition into a stable civil society, whole thing needs to be torn up and started again.

7 hours ago, caze said:

Hezbollah are an even bigger problem than the feckless corruption of the rest of the parties though, running a state within a state. The whole post civil war settlement doesn't seem to have worked as a transition into a stable civil society, whole thing needs to be torn up and started again.

Yeah, Hezbollah is some crazy shit. Apparently their paramilitary wing is stronger than the Lebanese army.

Archived