IGNORED

Inside Venetian Snares Studio

Soloman Tump

http://trashaudio.com/2013/06/workspace-environment-venetian-snares/

76491_10150328290055111_8309878_n.jpg

Ergonomics are important to me. I try to keep as much as possible in reach. Get strategic with it you know? Have more set and forget type things further away and things I will constantly tweak closer. Have gotten pretty good with plotting those setups over the years. So these days I keep my modular directly to my right with a coffee table sitting in front of it. Had a few 303s and whatever sort of sequencers I feel like using with it. Then beside that I’ve got a rack for synths and other sequencers I can stack up to the ceiling. Directly to my left I have a rack again to the ceiling with my master mixer, a couple patch bays, various fx, compressors, EQs, preamps etc. Then to the left of that, kind of behind me I’ve got another 24 channel mixer with all my drum machines patched in to a patchbay with another rack of fx n things. Keep keyboards against the walls. Mostly because they are big bulky stupid things. I have a midi controller in front of me now. Haven’t hooked one up in 4 or 5 years. It’s been good! Got some sick keyboard chops haha!

Fuck haha, he has an insane amount of kit

Guest cult fiction

Jesus, I thought his studio looked like this:

renoise-159055-1309744082.jpeg

I must also admit that I wasn't 100% convinced that his last step stuff was analog, seeing as how dry and lifeless at the least the early stuff sounded.

Guest cult fiction

My studio has been in 4 or 5 places I guess. It’s been here in my house for ages. Have changed it around siginficantly about 4 times maybe. I liked it better where it was in here before but had to move it. Strangest thing happened. Basically in my listening spot, there is a huge void. It’s weird because that was always my spot for 8 years. Perfect spot. It’s like there is a sine wave going through that spot eating half the frequencies now. I went kind of nuts and broke trying to work out what had happened. Ruled out all scientific explanations for it. My theories are I either accidentally conjured something that’s doing that or more likely I somehow misalligned whatever sync I had with an alternate universe and there’s an alternate me sitting there only hearing the other half of the frequencies going through the same nonsense. It bothers me that there is no logical explanation for it. I even considered the room suddenly going bad, absurdity. It’s bullshit.

Going deaf from playing gabber shows his whole life?

New album please. Pleeaase. It's been too long.

yeah. it's been a while. especially when you consider how at one point he was releasing like 3 albums a year or something

I have a renewed respect for Snares after discovering this live video today

http://youtu.be/xaFIQNZmfB4
Always wondered how he did his shows, not sure whether he DJs like this all the time, but he certainly has some skills (watch 39-41 minutes), the look of purpose and concentration on his face as he pummels the small male crowd into oblivion is quite something!

• 1 year later...

I wasn't to sure where to put this but this seems like a good place.

this deserves its own thread as its a pretty significant piece of equipment and looks like it could turn into a series!

Always wondered how he did his shows, not sure whether he DJs like this all the time, but he certainly has some skills (watch 39-41 minutes), the look of purpose and concentration on his face as he pummels the small male crowd into oblivion is quite something!

venetian.png

Edit: No Homophobe.

I have the feeling these will be appearing in the future live shows, he posted these on facebook... I've seen people do insane things w/ the octatrack. can't wait to see what he uses them for

10891829_10153076686148394_8751239675366

why is there no subforum on here for him? <i'm new sorry if this has been asked before>

Jr made him one after many requested it then Aaron contacted him to have it removed as he felt watmm is to negative towards his music

Wasn't it just last year that we took a vote on whether we should make a subforum AGAIN and WATMM voted in favor. Then when it came time to ask him Joyrex never got a response? ....or am I remembering that wrong?

I believe that is correct, yes.

I don't see why we don't just make the subforum whether or not Aaron approves of it. We should have a place to discuss his music, whether or not it hurts his feelings isn't really the problem of the public domain is it?

Not trying to be disrespectful of course.... I just don't fully understand.

I have the feeling these will be appearing in the future live shows, he posted these on facebook... I've seen people do insane things w/ the octatrack. can't wait to see what he uses them for

10891829_10153076686148394_8751239675366

i'd be curious if he leans towards a more truly live setup with the Last Step live shows. When iv'e seen him play as Venetian Snares both times it's been a CD deck dj set with mixer/crossfader + a 303 synced to the tempo (although i couldn't really hear this either time he played). Id be very interested to see him do a real live set, has anyone seen him do one?

Yeah seen him a few times now and he's never done a real live show those times. Last time I saw him in Manchester, it was pretty obvious, just had a stack of CDs. Left by leaving some of his old gabber material on loop, packed his shit up, waved and left. That's our Aaron eh?

And yeah his little videos on Facebook are really cool, but big fucking teases.

Archived