IGNORED

Venetian Snares + Daniel Lanois

Bob Dylan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First listen this morning. A nice record, beautiful music..they sound like they’re having a good time together. How this combo works is a bit of a mystery to me, their contributions both meld together properly and stand miles apart from each other simultaneously somehow. I should have gone to Day for Night and I should have ordered a physical copy cuz now I want the versions CDr.

While maybe not the best comparison, the mixing ambient and VS here sort of reminds me of how I first heard Aphex stuff like ICBYD, with its ambient bits and crunchy bits all rolled together. Just VS crunchy bits are a whole lot more crunchy than Aphex's were. Personally, love Venetian Snares x Daniel Lanois.

I didn't realize there'd be some pretty super-intense tracks on the album, like the breakz start coming in and even Lanois guitar stuff is manipulated to sound a little... messed up and it's amazing

also yessss nod to sampling on that longboy track with "THE MACHINE CAN COME THE MACHINE CAN COME THE MACHINE COME" is this a joke about the Selkirk Orchestra for Asexual Lithium Addicts

• 4 weeks later...

Would also like to highly recommend Lanois's latest solo album -- Goodbye to Language.  Similar vibes minus breakcore.

I should really like, not that Eno is bad but do a Google search for halfway interesting people who worked with Eno. It's easy to go 'meh' and not look into their solo work

Archived