IGNORED

Venetian Snares + Daniel Lanois

Bob Dylan

https://www.facebook.com/lanoise/videos/10155242014099101/

:snares:  :music:  

"Happy to share this song from my ongoing collaboration with Daniel Lanois! We’ve been recording an album together and will be playing some shows later on in the year, the first being at the Great Hall in Toronto May 31."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. Great to hear and see a long jam, almost lolled hard when snares beats first kick in as it kinda killed the vibe, but after a minute i was totally on board with what they were doing.

Looking forward to this one

Guest bitroast

never heard of this daniel lanois dude before but now im intrigued.

this is nice

also makes me wanna check out the drummer, brian blade

Wow. Weiiird combo. Mostly feels like 56% of a Snares track mixed with an ambient track, but there's some pretty tasty moments, almost getting a whiff of something vaguely like Seefeel but kind of its own thing, fresh. 

This and the Slingblade soundtrack are what I remember Lanois from:
u2-joshua-tree-mfsl-gold-cd-udcd-650_1_0

He's one of my favourite producers 

Really recommend Dylan's Time Out of Mind and Emmylou Harris' Wrecking Ball

Belladonna is a great organic ambient album and Shine is also great

Basically...great....

Great

Lanois is also a key part of Apollo Atmospheres and Soundtracks with Eno, his steel guitar sounds and production really took it to the next level, especially on Deep Blue Day (featured in Trainspotting) - that whole album was also recorded in Canada

never heard of this daniel lanois dude before but now im intrigued.

this is nice

also makes me wanna check out the drummer, brian blade

Lanois is also a key part of Apollo Atmospheres and Soundtracks with Eno, his steel guitar sounds and production really took it to the next level, especially on Deep Blue Day (featured in Trainspotting) - that whole album was also recorded in Canada

He and Eno are also responsible for making U2's Joshua Tree a classic album, which is how I first heard of him. He also worked on the Dune OST.

Dude has a very interesting and varied discography as an engineer and producer.

Archived