IGNORED

NFTs for music / auction music to the highest bidder via crypto tech

auxien

my first NFT is on sale below and based on an original cartoon drawing i did for WATMM's guess the celebrity thread

https://mintable.app/art/item/Danny-Trejo-Danny-Trejo-cartoon-drawing/rmYQCiKwFGqqp2y

this is an extremely rare piece and is part of a series of cartoon drawings done from 2019 to present. great opportunity to wet your feet into the NFT biz and join the exciting new world of digital art collecting.

also  looking into selling my junk mail as soon as i can figure out how to mint it, but interested parties can contact me with their bids

Edited by Nebraska

40 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Kuennen, for his part, seemed a little nonplussed. “While I still don’t understand what has happened at least it is still somewhere,” he said via WhatsApp. “Yay.” 

He wondered whether there was any way he could restore the image without having to gaze into the blockchain itself. Probably not. Could he, at least, somehow restore the link to the image? But where was it even hosted? Was it even hosted? None of this seemed even remotely hopeful. The best bet, he figured, would be to just resell it as it is, and call it avant-garde.

this whole article was disgusting to read, as is basically anything relating to the realities of NFTs. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

crazy. the guy essentially spent $500 so he could look at a jpeg in a section of a website that lets him think he owned it. the image disappears and he complains. the image returns and he says "yay."

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

7 minutes ago, zero said:

crazy. the guy essentially spent $500 so he could look at a jpeg in a section of a website that lets him think he owned it. the image disappears and he complains. the image returns and he says "yay."

a generation or so of people raised on doing it for the lulz/gram has lead us here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, auxien said:

Kuennen, for his part, seemed a little nonplussed. “While I still don’t understand what has happened at least it is still somewhere,” he said via WhatsApp. “Yay.” 

He wondered whether there was any way he could restore the image without having to gaze into the blockchain itself. Probably not. Could he, at least, somehow restore the link to the image? But where was it even hosted? Was it even hosted? None of this seemed even remotely hopeful. The best bet, he figured, would be to just resell it as it is, and call it avant-garde.

this whole article was disgusting to read, as is basically anything relating to the realities of NFTs. 

"I'm an idiot with too much money and deserve to have it all taken from me".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukeeeee said:

so with this shit you can even download a random not copyrighted jpeg or photo form google and maybe sell it in one of those platforms?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-03-16/nfts-artists-report-their-work-is-being-stolen-and-sold/13249408

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

what a pile of crap all of this cryptomining currency shit. Humans trying making value and speculate out of nonsense. Making the most douchebags millionaries. Maybe similar to trading in a way, but damn this is another level

Edited by Milwaukeeeee
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Milwaukeeeee said:

what a pile of crap all of this cryptomining currency shit. Humans trying making value and speculate out of nonsense. Making the most douchebags millionaries. Maybe similar to trading in a way, but damn this is another level

this has literally nothing to do with cryptocurrency mining.  this is a random program written on the ethereum distributed computer.  your post is like saying "fuck this digital circuitry stuff, I don't need excel I've got fingers, this is a complete waste of time"

these NFTs are stupid but it has nothing to do with crypticurrencies it's just implemented on top of themn. maybe learn how computers work

• Facepalm 1

Good news is Ethereum is gradually moving to proof of stake vs proof of work so people can complain about the wealthy instead of the environment.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

these NFTs are stupid but it has nothing to do with crypticurrencies it's just implemented on top of themn. maybe learn how computers work

It has everything to do with crypto, it’s what crypto really is in the real world and not in some fantasy platonic ideal state. crypto as a completely pure technology functionally without human or environmental consequences is not real. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

It has everything to do with crypto, it’s what crypto really is in the real world and not in some fantasy platonic ideal state. crypto as a completely pure technology functionally without human or environmental consequences is not real. 

how can it be that "NFT is what crypto is" if you can completely deleted NFT from everyone's memory and crypto still remains unchanged? youre fundamentally misunderstanding concepts of layers of abstraction in computation. there is NO code for NFT in ethereum.

Edited by cyanobacteria

17 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

how can it be that "NFT is what crypto is" if you can completely deleted NFT from everyone's memory and crypto still remains unchanged? youre fundamentally misunderstanding concepts of layers of abstraction in computation. there is NO code for NFT in ethereum.

Bc you cannot have crypto in a neutral condition. It’s not possible. I perfectly understand abstract concepts lol, but that’s just not the word we live in bruh

2 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

Bc you cannot have crypto in a neutral condition. It’s not possible. I perfectly understand abstract concepts lol, but that’s just not the word we live in bruh

abstract concepts? im talking about computational layers of abstraction, its a very specific technical detail not "abstract concepts".  NFT is literally just a program written on Ethereum the same way Audacity is a program written for x86 CPUs.  If you don't like Audacity you don't go saying "Fuck Intel audacity is shit"

Physical metal > Circuitry > CPU Microcode > CPU user-space > computer system > operating system > application layer

The Ethereum VM is analogous in this case to the "CPU user-space"

NFT is in the "Application layer" section

Thus if you delete Ethereum VM then NFT disappears but if you delete NFT the Ethereum VM is unharmed because it didn't even know it existed.  NFT has thus nothing to do with Ethereum or cryptocurrency except that it's a use-case which couldn't exist before it.  It's dumb in these publicized uses of it, but so are most use-cases of any computers

Edited by cyanobacteria

On 4/1/2021 at 10:00 AM, chenGOD said:

“There was no history of my ever purchasing it, or ever owning it,” said one confused NFT buyer. “Now there’s nothing. My money’s gone.”

I've got some news for you there, champ...

i thought NFT were enabled because of blockchain technology? isn't  that the same thing that makes crypto currency possible? 

i'm probably confusing some of the finer points here but i thought NFT couldn't exist w/o crypto currency technology? 

as yet it's not relevant to me anyways.. just trying to keep track in case something something

41 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i'm probably confusing some of the finer points here but i thought NFT couldn't exist w/o crypto currency technology? 

I think you're right about that part. without crypto, no NFT's.