IGNORED

Rescan...

Stock

Just saw this video posted on Squarepusher's FB page ! From the visuals and the sound of it I assume it's a prolongation of Be Up A Hello which is totally fine imho :music:

Plenty of glitchy text to debunk in the video of course but whatever that is, it seems to be called "Rescan?" (maybe a remix / outtakes compilation ? Or a new LP ?)

https://fb.watch/4Zmcw7Eupp/

EDIT : sorry I can't properly embed the video within my post...

EDIT 2 : renaming the thread since the audio track isn't new at all haha

Edited by Stock
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cloud capture said:

the one track I played thousands of times more than any other on the album, that shit is ingrained into my soul

it's a classic jam. 

• Farnsworth 1

15 minutes ago, X4creek said:

audio is North Circular which is from Feed Me Weird Things

my guess is his entire discog is finally being uploaded to the store? Maybe with bonus content?

that'd be crazy good

15 minutes ago, ignatius said:

yeah.. that's an old track. i guess the answer is no... you do not know squarepusher. 

flol indeed, I really need to give FMWT a proper listen haha

• Stock changed the title to Rescan?
2 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Praying for the Rome track (Tom pls)

honestly I never expect it but if he ever release the entirety of the Warp20 set I would so fucking happy that set is beyond stunning

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ignatius said:

yeah.. that's an old track. i guess the answer is no... you do not know squarepusher. 

Lol

yeah it’s just one of the best tracks off one of his best albums. 

@Stock lol

image.png.fcfc01fe618380a664c5f95a437185b1.png

Still weird for sp camp to post this. Hopefully not just a repress but digi releases with extra tracks would be ? ? 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 3

oy. i just plunkered a chunk of change on a fmwt vinyl.

that being said i hope it’s a repress. i just assumed there was some reason it hadn’t been repressed yet ?

Edited by nikisoko

Mayhaps just celebrating an upcoming 25 year anniversary of it .... Doesn't time fly !

1 hour ago, Stock said:

From the visuals and the sound of it I assume it's a prolongation of Be Up A Hello which is totally fine imho

Question is: Is it impressive or depressing of Tom's music that people struggle to differentiate between his current output and that from a quarter of a century ago ?

Stating the obvious here but North circular is off fmwt, which was not a warp release.... so prob we’re going to be disappointed in a few hours that it’s just fmwt going up on bandcamp.

ie warp bought the rights to it or whatever (edit: speculating re warp reposting it)

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, zaizai said:

Is The t shirt page new ? Didn’t see it before

https://shop.squarepusher.net

There are also different styles of the "Do You Know Squarepusher?" logo in the video, it glitches etc.

I'm guessing a digital re-release of his back catalogue on his website (maybe with bonus tracks?). Since FMWT was released on Rephlex, a bunch of Chaos AD stuff was on Rephlex too. We can only hope...

• Like 4

FMWT was one of the first records I ever bought, and I would still instabuy it again if they reissued it. So much nostalgia for that one, every track is fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1