IGNORED

I'm looking for bad and boring music

Brisbot

28 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

What do u think of “outsider music”? Some of it is pretty bad……. but also I feel like a lot of us on here almost fall into the category. Idk

didn't realize this genre had a name. I like some Daniel Johnston stuff. but mostly because it reminds me of being a mopey 16 year old, sitting in my bedroom recording crappy emo-ish guitar riffs on an old cassette tape recorder. 

speaking of outsider, DJ Shadow - The Outsider is a horrible album. the hyphy thing he was pumped about back in '06 never took off because it sucked, and was largely swept under the rug in the hip-hop world.

• Like 1

Thing is with the Santana song, is that it won a shitloads of awards and trophies. It takes itself seriously. I remember people going berserk over it and kissing Santana’s cock. That vocalist (he’s from some Aussie minor rock band) can also be burnt at the fucking stake ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Thing is with the Santana song, is that it won a shitloads of awards and trophies. It takes itself seriously. I remember people going berserk over it and kissing Santana’s cock. That vocalist (he’s from some Aussie minor rock band) can also be burnt at the fucking stake ? 

The people behind those awards are adrenochrome blood drinking space lizard satanists. That fucking song was everywhere. The singer always looked, and sounded, constipated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

didn't realize this genre had a name. I like some Daniel Johnston stuff. but mostly because it reminds me of being a mopey 16 year old, sitting in my bedroom recording crappy emo-ish guitar riffs on an old cassette tape recorder. 

speaking of outsider, DJ Shadow - The Outsider is a horrible album. the hyphy thing he was pumped about back in '06 never took off because it sucked, and was largely swept under the rug in the hip-hop world.

Damn, that DJ Shadow album was garbage. I love his stuff, but that was the end for me liking him. I remember someone gave me that cd for free when it was out- and at the time I had collected everything he had, singles, vinyl imports, everything….. but I sold that shit on eBay almost immediately. Honestly private press wasn’t anything to write home about either. More album wordplay 

19 hours ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

I have a kind of love/hate relationship with 90s eurodance. I mean it IS fucking terrible but this is also the music that was playing in the background when I got drunk at house parties, unofficial LAN parties, etc in my teens so it has a weird facepalmy nostalgic value. I remember getting completely blasted on cheap apple wine while Gala was playing in background and then singing along with it.

23 hours ago, zkom said:

I have a kind of love/hate relationship with 90s eurodance. I mean it IS fucking terrible but this is also the music that was playing in the background when I got drunk at house parties, unofficial LAN parties, etc in my teens so it has a weird facepalmy nostalgic value. I remember getting completely blasted on cheap apple wine while Gala was playing in background and then singing along with it.

I totally get that, while I find a lot of that 90's eurodance naff, it doesn't upset, and serves as an unexpected memory prompt.

For me it's the music and presentation of bands like East 17 that I find deeply insidious. In an infinite universe, with infinite earths, there'd still be no world where East 17 are good. 

Edited by Shimon_Shimon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, usagi said:

man's a living meme and that, but this track is actually kind of, sort of alright? it's listenable. is he getting better?

As the Spoon boy in the matrix says: "It is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."