IGNORED

I'm looking for bad and boring music

Brisbot

the only REM song I like is Crush With Eyeliner, which I heard a certain memorable time in my childhood. years later I found out it was an appearance from Thurston Moore behind the arpeggiated guitar sound on that song, which gave me a reason to investigate Sanic Youth.

I work at a salon/barbershop and we just play a top40 station on spotify for most of the day. Lewis Capaldi is one of the only artists where I will actually stop my client, walk over to the main computer and click 'next'. He peddles in the most cloying piano ballads imaginable and sings the lyrics with this maddening cursive vowel sound that all vocalists under 24 seem to have espoused. This one in particular is tantamount to a physical assault:

• Like 2

Went to the Paddington Brewdog with my lady yesterday for a Sunday drink/lunch. There was a fat, metal lookin' neckbeard behind the bar and I assumed he was playing the music. I gave live updates in chatmm:

image0.png

image0.png

image0.png

image0.png

image0.png

nb: on review of this conversation I realise 'bad raprock' is a tautology, for which I apologise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

I work at a salon/barbershop and we just play a top40 station on spotify for most of the day. Lewis Capaldi is one of the only artists where I will actually stop my client, walk over to the main computer and click 'next'. He peddles in the most cloying piano ballads imaginable and sings the lyrics with this maddening cursive vowel sound that all vocalists under 24 seem to have espoused. This one in particular is tantamount to a physical assault:

Yeah, he can be burnt at the stake. Slowly.

• Farnsworth 1

On 9/29/2021 at 1:40 AM, usagi said:

the only REM song I like is Crush With Eyeliner, which I heard a certain memorable time in my childhood. years later I found out it was an appearance from Thurston Moore behind the arpeggiated guitar sound on that song, which gave me a reason to investigate Sanic Youth.

Monster is a really good album actually. i mean obv it's like slightly weird rock/pop vibes but i really like it. CWE isn't even the best song on the album.

and i don't really like much REM. i've got one other of theirs and there's only like a two or three deece songs on it, and they've had a couple of other good tracks in their history of course but anyway.... i picked up their next one after Monster and it's mostly filled with dull shit you can hear almost them dozing off while recording like this one which fits for this thread so here's my contribution: 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, auxien said:

Monster is a really good album actually. i mean obv it's like slightly weird rock/pop vibes but i really like it. CWE isn't even the best song on the album.

and i don't really like much REM. i've got one other of theirs and there's only like a two or three deece songs on it, and they've had a couple of other good tracks in their history of course but anyway.... i picked up their next one after Monster and it's mostly filled with dull shit you can hear almost them dozing off while recording

You've amazingly summed up more or less my exact opinion of REM lol. Monster is a classic album imo, almost perfect (skip a couple), definitely their peak. New Adventures bizarrely has about 4 really, really good songs and is otherwise a total bore. Then I remember listening to to Up a lot around the time it was new but would probably cringe hearing most of those tunes now. I also have a copy of Automatic for the People which came before Monster and is about half okay. I don't have any issue with the band personally but just find a lot of their music is really dull. They did a ton of stuff in the 80s, influenced a ton of the great bands of the 90s, but none of it has ever grabbed me at all (too young probably)

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

Why are we discussing R.E.M in this thread?  :shrug:

Blasphemous behaviour! I better sharpen some more stakes and prepare the fire ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

One of the absolute worst mainstream tracks of all time.

Top 10 hit in the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa and Canada.

That second Canada was supposed to be "Ireland" but I'm leaving it.  

EDIT: also Allmusic gave it 4 stars and calls it "an inspired timepiece with an ageless message," that's how bad it is.

Edited by TubularCorporation

Without fail it's always the absolute worst when you go out to eat at one of those casual dining restaurants like Chili's, Applebee's etc.  Like this gigantic turd I had the displeasure of running into:

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 9:50 PM, Goiter Sanchez said:

This kind of music is so emotionally manipulative

• 1 year later...

Hesitant to put this in here but I can definitely see some people classing this as bad due to the wonky tuning and boring due to it going absolutely nowhere:

To me it sounds like the saddest loneliest robot slowly calculating the infinite digits of an irrational number, stuck forever in a vast grey featureless room.

Anything by The Moldy Peaches.

Also anything by She and Him either together or solo.

Let's go for the trifecta...anything from the Guthrie family (I tried to give Woody a pass, but nah he sucks too)

Edited by Taupe Beats

search #ambient, #DAWLess, #modular 

on any social media site and of course on youtube but w/o the hashtag. there's more than any one person could listen to in a lifetime. 

• Haha 1