IGNORED

LP5 Potential Reissue

YELLOW

Surprised I haven't seen this posted here. Supposedly the Spotify artwork for LP5 has been updated, and here is an up close picture of the front sticker. Wonder if this bodes well for Draft, Confield, Untilted...

FAeJsYSWEAIAJuf.png

• Like 8
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Just now, YELLOW said:

Surprised I haven't seen this posted here. Supposedly the Spotify artwork for LP5 has been updated, and here is an up close picture of the front sticker. Wonder if this bodes well for Draft, Confield, Untilted...

FAeJsYSWEAIAJuf.png

Sean mentioned Chiastic Slide / LP5 / Confield repress during one of the Mixlr chat of spring 2020, let's hope this is it !

• Like 4

I haven't really paid attention to the prices of second-hand Autechre vinyl because I've always bought them when they've been released, it's surprising how high the prices are now. Untilted over 70 €, Quaristice 80 € (the metal case 2xCD over 200 €!), Oversteps almost 90 €? Whoa.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, dcom said:

I haven't really paid attention to the prices of second-hand Autechre vinyl because I've always bought them when they've been released, it's surprising how high the prices are now. Untilted over 70 €, Quaristice 80 € (the metal case 2xCD over 200 €!), Oversteps almost 90 €? Whoa.

same. i managed to get the quaristice versions metal CD edition somehow when it was announced. it's a pain in the ass to get the CDs/cardboard out of it and get them back in w/o ruining it but the tracks on the Versions edition are fantastic. i have doubles of some of the vinyl releases but i can't recall how that happened. 

1 hour ago, dcom said:

I've seen the prices in Discogs, because I was thinking about selling my copies since I haven't been anyway able to listen to them in 3+ years, but I guess it's mostly the mint sealed vinyl that fetches the insane prices and mine have been played quite a lot and might have cat hair and dust and I can't remember even if the poster is still inside the Oversteps box. I guess it could fetch 50 eurobucks still?

But it's curious how many of the ones being sold are still sealed. People bought them just for the investment?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Sean mentioned Chiastic Slide / LP5 / Confield repress during one of the Mixlr chat of spring 2020, let's hope this is it !

Fascinating! These are the exact records that now have crispy, updated, 3000x3000 artwork on Apple Music as well. I snagged ’em

thx sen

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

LP5 on vinyl would be sweet as a nut. Some AE heads don’t rate this album as high as the others. I think it’s almost perfect.

Which aeheads don’t rate this album? They need a good talking to…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

I got the full discography in CD (but sadly no Quaristice version metal boxset :catcry: )

#same 

i could’ve bought the steel CD but i didn’t like what i’d heard of Quaristice at the time so i didn’t bc i’m the worlds biggest idiot

• Sad 1

I sold all the CDs but I still got everything on vinyl

I still have the steel quaristice CD and the hafler trio collabs tho

I would quite like the LP5 CD back because I plan to trip with my lady soon and I remember what a profound effect holding that casing had on me when I was listening, and I would like to recreate for her...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oscillik said:

Which aeheads don’t rate this album? They need a good talking to…

I never rated Confield until a year ago. So I guess I’m guilty of the same error. But that is surely the true power of Autechre, they possess this clandestine magic that fucks with your head. Even tracks that I’ve listened to before a few times I can rest, then press play, and the memory is tricked because the tune sounds totally different than I imagined. But of course all of you know this anyway. I’m glad I’ve been listening to them for 25 years, it would be hard to get into them at an older age. It would seem so daunting. Like having to scale K2 in flip-flops.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3