IGNORED

Orbital - Green and Brown Album Live 2024 tour!!

On 4/20/2024 at 12:29 PM, hayhook said:

Satan (Edit) 3:40 – (Is The Industry Standard Edit from ’96 Satan Live the same mix?)

No, the 1996 version is a complete re-recording.

On 4/20/2024 at 12:29 PM, hayhook said:

Satan Spawn 3:45

Chime (Live Style Mix) 6:47 And (Live Style Radio Mix) 4:19

Christmas Chime (Edit) 3:20

Christmas Chime 5:08

Also: for the completists... The 2 Mike Flowers "Mixes" and The Naughty Naughty "Remix" of Chime, and "Belfunk" by Sasha (Rejected Belfast Remix)

It's possible these will be saved for later reissues - Satan Spawn I can imagine being alongside the '96 version on the In Sides box, and the Live Style mix I'm sure will be a much-needed piece to try and fill out at least one disc of extras for the Blue Album. As for Christmas Chime, well, let's be honest, nobody actually wants to listen to Christmas Chime.

6 minutes ago, purlieu said:

As for Christmas Chime, well, let's be honest, nobody actually wants to listen to Christmas Chime

Truth

Looking at it, given that it includes all the tracks from Mutations and III that aren't on the deluxe album (other than the edits), I wonder whether this deluxe digital version means we won't be getting single drops of III and Midnight / Choice. I suppose with the majority of their tracks already being on the deluxe album it does seem like they're less important, although I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't think 12"s would sell. Satan and Belfast would be enough to shift copies of III alone.

Similar with Mutations, now all the tracks have been issued I wonder if they'll bother doing a separate release. Feels like a very slight anticlimax if so.

My apologies to Paul, Phil and all at London Records for throwing shade onto their skills at rinsing every penny from every track. I noticed hayhook's list was missing the edits of Midnight and Choice, too, so the chances of EP drops are higher now.

• Haha 1

Although, to be fair, I did a quick count and, including the different tracks on different formats of the album and the various edits, the Green Album does have 50 non-album tracks, so it was always going to be a push to get them all out easily.

In contrast, I count the known non-album tracks for other albums as:

Brown: 15
Snivilisation: 16
In Sides: 21 (10 are live tracks)
TMON: 23 (17 are remixes)
The Altogether: 16 (13 are remixes)
Blue: 14 (including Rest & Play)
Wonky: 28 (almost all remixes)
Monsters Exist: 8 (all remixes)

So whatever comes next should hopefully be a little bit more concise.

I'm really hoping that on In Sides they put the original Wipeout version of P.E.T.R.O.L. on it. My all time favourite track by anyone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purlieu said:

Although, to be fair, I did a quick count and, including the different tracks on different formats of the album and the various edits, the Green Album does have 50 non-album tracks, so it was always going to be a push to get them all out easily.

In contrast, I count the known non-album tracks for other albums as:

Brown: 15
Snivilisation: 16
In Sides: 21 (10 are live tracks)
The Altogether: 16 (13 are remixes)
Blue: 14 (including Rest & Play)
Wonky: 28 (almost all remixes)
Monsters Exist: 8 (all remixes)

So whatever comes next should hopefully be a little bit more concise.

What are the brown and snivel boni tracks?

Maybe with Midnight/Choice and III they'll do a quiet drop like they did with Belfast? Just to flesh out the last remaining unreleased goodies of the '89-92 era releases?

Though I thought for sure when I saw The Belfast EP on their bandcamp "Belfast Original Jam" would be included on it. 

Alas, No.  : (

(But we did get the 7" and the '99 Sasha Mix and the Wasted Edits!)

The '89-'92 era missing releases...

Belfast (Original Jam)

Satan/Midnight/Choice Radio Edits

Midnight (US Album Version)

Chime (US Album Edit)

Deeper (Radiccio Edit)

Chime (Friends Of Matthew)

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 8:56 AM, Mattthegoone said:

What are the brown and snivel boni tracks?

Brown:

Halcyon (Edit)
Halcyon
Sunday
The Naked and the Dead
The Naked and the Dub
Lush 3-3 Underworld
Lush 3-4 Warrior Drift Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia
Lush 3-5 C.J. Bolland
Lush (1926 Trancendance Mix)
Impact USA
Semi-Detached
Lush (Euro-Tunnel Disaster '94) (Peel Session)
Walk About (Peel Session)
Semi Detached (Peel Session)
Attached (Peel Session)

Sniv:
Are We Here? (Who Are They?)
Are We Here? (Do They Here?)
Are We Here? (They Did It)
Are We Here? (What Was That?)
Are We Here? (Criminal Justice Bill?)
Are We Here? (Industry Standard?)
Are We Here? (Oral Mix)
Are We Here? (Lunasol Wet Mix)
Are We Here? (Laconic Dub)
Are We Here? (The Edit)
Times Fly (Slow)
Sad But New
Times Fly (Fast)
The Tranquilizer
Equinoxe
The Tranquiliser Busy Tranquilising

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 3:06 AM, purlieu said:

The music at the beginning of the film Event Horizon was originally intended to be included on TMON, but dropped. Also an early version of Illuminate, but was also dropped and used on The Altogether instead. So hopefully these will be among the bonus tracks.

Yeah, I hope the comparative scarcity of b-sides means we'll get more outtakes from those albums. Even when they have compilation exclusives they're always alt mixes of album tracks (Equinoxe, Adnan), there must be more properly unheard stuff in their archives.

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely. I've got Equinox somewhere on a compilation cd (and the short version of Adnan) would be nice to have them on vinyl.

On 4/23/2024 at 11:41 PM, Pirtek said:

Yeah, definitely. I've got Equinox somewhere on a compilation cd (and the short version of Adnan) would be nice to have them on vinyl

Just now, Alcofribas said:

omg I completely forgot about this track. I had this on a compilation cd that had like a big test tube on the front and the most goofy 90s artwork lol

Edited by Alcofribas

On my way to the Nottingham gig now. Really looking forward to hearing tracks like The Moebius, Speak Freak, Midnight, Planet of the Shapes and Remind!!!

What a night. Say what you want about Orbital, but they kill it live! The Moebius sounded so good, with a few new twists to it. Loved Speed Freak and Oolaa was amazing. Really like what they did with Desert Storm, but was a little disappointed with Midnight though. It was good that they included Macro Head and Torpedo Town from LP and MC, but I Think it's Disgusting was missing for some reason. I thought they could have played that before going into the 20 minute intermission. Then The Brown Album. Well, that was just another level!! Starting with Time Becomes, then into Planet of the Shapes which was fantastic! Sounded more haunting in a way. Lush 3's middle section was absolutely insane!! And the visuals really enhanced that. Impact was the usual brilliance as was one of my personal favourites, Remind. My daughter recorded all of Walk Now.. which for me was a surprise favourite of the night. Loved how it shifted into Walk About. Simply stunning. Monday was great with nice visuals too. And Halcyon was actually a lot better than previous shows. Then finishing with Input Out. I must admit I was disappointed with the encore which 
consisted of Spicy (Why!!?) then Dirty Rat (Again, why!!?) then Satan and Where is it Going? 
I would have thought it would have made more sense to have the encore comprise of Satan and Choice from the Green era with maybe Sunday and The Naked and the Dead for Brown. But never mind, a minor complaint for a absolutely fantastic night!!

• Like 1

I was at the London gig on Saturday. It sounds like they did mostly the same, although I Think It's Disgusting was the intermission track on a loop. Sound and visuals were awesome. Encore was exactly the same. I don't care for their newer stuff so Spicy and Dirty Rat are lost on me, but the place went wild when Satan hit (A mix of the original, spawn version and then slowed the main hook into Beelzedub. Pretty epic). They know how to do it live that's for sure. Agree the encore should have been comprised of their main EP tracks of that era though. First half of the Brown album was the best part for sure.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Somanymachines said:

the place went wild when Satan hit (A mix of the original, spawn version and then slowed the main hook into Beelzedub. Pretty epic).

Same in Nottingham. People kept shouting "Play Satan!!" through the show and everyone went mad when they did.

I also noticed elements from the early version. And yeah, that last part is something else!

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, purlieu said:

If they're going to match the order of release then we should have III before the album and Midnight/Choice after, but given that it's out in just over two weeks maybe they'll both be after.

I think Midnight/Choice will be the next LED because those tracks aren't in the vinyl box set. And III will be digital only.

• Like 1

I expect the exact same set in Dublin next week

Had never heard of Spicy, fuck me that's bad, will be leaving the auditorium at that part for sure 😆

• Haha 1

It's cheddar cheese af. Just use that opportunity to go for a piss or get a beer. You will get Satan after that, so best not to disappear entirely.

• Like 1