IGNORED

SAW II turns 30

chenGOD

On 8/23/2024 at 3:04 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

Looks awesome, what a way to enshrine the album.

So are these copper plates with the aphex logo laser cut out?

If so, someone in that workshop has a pile of copper aphex twin logo offcuts they could make a fortune with!

Ps ordered the CD box via Bandcamp so I've got the digital files handy to stream and dl. 

My original CDs are still in fairly good condition but slightly worn now after -whelp- decades of love 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

What is ferric tape ?

has a 0.5 db bump at 800hz. pretty much the only way to listen to SAWII the way it was intended

15 hours ago, logboy said:

£40.jpg

14 hours ago, xox said:

will it make us poor? or, would it made us less poor if it was 30 pounds? i doubt that 😉 

At 40 quid it's essentially a steel :dadjoke:

• Haha 1

Trying to DL 24Bit WAV files of SAWII from my aphextwin.warp.net account (well, the 2 that are available so far)

but I keep getting this message:

Screen Shot 2024-09-05 at 10.23.45 AM.png

(am able to DL in WAV/FLAC/and MP3... Just the 24Bit WAV link that is borked...)

Edited by hayhook

18 hours ago, logboy said:

£40.jpg

I'm sure he will "spend a portion of the money on planting trees and either donating to permaculture projects" 

Spoiler

:facepalm:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, hayhook said:

Trying to DL 24Bit WAV files of SAWII from my aphextwin.warp.net account (well, the 2 that are available so far)

(am able to DL in WAV/FLAC/and MP3... Just the 24Bit WAV link that is borked...)

This happens a lot with Warp's new releases for some reason. U sadly have to wait it out or look for it elsewhere

7 hours ago, hayhook said:

I got the same ordering the vinyl, everyone did, I think it will be available in full to D/L late Sep in a couple of weeks, prob when they put Rhubarb Orc up on all platforms and then physical product start of Oct

Is he just giving up the secrets to saw2. I slowed good shit down loads? Took yis 30 years to cop what I did, or did he make a classic where other stuff slowed down twice fit's in

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

Is he just giving up the secrets to saw2. I slowed good shit down loads? Took yis 30 years to cop what I did, or did he make a classic where other stuff slowed down twice fit's in

😆

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, Dragon said:

On (28 mix) on this reissue would've become track 28...

there were also a few tracks that SHOULD have become track 27... instead we get a very anachronistic rhubarb orc... : (

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hayhook said:

there were also a few tracks that SHOULD have become track 27... instead we get a very anachronistic rhubarb orc... : (

agreed, that one seems like an odd inclusion

pretty sure there were at least 3 or 4 actual unreleased saw ii era tracks in the soundcloud dump that could've been on this new edition. were the masters fukt or something, perhaps?

47 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

agreed, that one seems like an odd inclusion

pretty sure there were at least 3 or 4 actual unreleased saw ii era tracks in the soundcloud dump that could've been on this new edition. were the masters fukt or something, perhaps?

He apparently left the newer tracks on a plane ✈️ so he rushed to release them asap

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, xox said:

He apparently left the newer tracks on a plane ✈️

The captain found the tapes, chucked 'em in the fuel tank and produced the most beautiful chemtrails on the next flight 😶‍🌫️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:57 AM, Mattthegoone said:

i've read in an interview somewhere, along the lines of having ruined or changed some of (what he described as) his best work in order to make SAW 2. the sense i got from it was that warp wanted / suggested a second volume, and the way the tracks were created was to take ideas / recordings already in existence and pair them down to make them ambient.

Edited by logboy