IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Guest ryanmcallister

you've proven youcannot actually be an admirable member of this forum and instead spew distractions (what does any of your acoustic rants have to do with post a picture of your studio).

maybe next time you will take a brief moment to intterogate your own trolling behaviors on this board before rushing in to annoy the shit out of members of this forum and placing your sense of superiority on display for public showcasing.

sink your heels in - keep telling yourself that people here care about information that is off topic, and is obviously being used as a sock in your underwear; don't cave in an attempt to be someone that anyone else on this board would take seriously, or even like.

i see what you did there...

took me a few lines to figure out who you were insulting though

Shut up guys or I'll ban Max.

f'nlol.

Edited by ryanmcallister

post-10525-0-98924000-1323645823_thumb.jpg

Nice to see a JV 1080 in your studio. I have a JV 1080 which is a lot bigger. Has good presets but is tough to program! :(

It's the jv1010. It came with two expansion cards (techno & orchestra), off craigslist for $100. Alltogether has around 1500 patches. I like to run it through the padkontrol for drums($52 off ebay).

here's an example of the jv1010 as a synth, and with the padkontrol for drums. korg p800 bassline.

http://soundcloud.com/captureclouds/trout-creek

post-10525-0-98924000-1323645823_thumb.jpg

What vitamins you got there?

Vitamin-C

Haha that was some dedicated trolling a few posts back. Well done. Who gives a shit about acoustics, don't you guys all make techno? Derrick May did all his best tracks inside a flaming oil can that was floating down a river of industrial slime, so don't worry about it.

Personally I rock the vitamin D in the studio (same brand though) because if you're in the studio you're probably not getting too much sunlight. Nah mean?

Anyway, OT, here's the RM1x boot-up sequence, for those who haven't seen it. It is a very enjoyable boot-up sequence: http://www.twitvid.com/3J5HS

Oh hey, I guess I haven't posted mine. Here's my current setup:

314553_10150859086230273_10150100658470273_21098403_1208390132_n.jpg?dl=1

Renoise

3Ghz quad-core, 64-bit, 4GB RAM, custom built computer

PreSonus Firebox interface

M-Audio DX4 monitors (soon to be upgraded, hopefully)

Grado SR-60 headphones

Akai APC40

Novation ReMote 49SL Compact MIDI keyboard

M-Audio Trigger Finger drum pad controller

Also in this photo are FL Studio, which I ended up using in conjunction with Renoise on this particular song (a rare occasion), my microKORG, which I don't use very much, and my sub, which I can't use in my new apartment.

Not pictured is my Fender American Select Stratocaster.

This is not the best example of the recent stuff made here, but it's the only one that's not on lockdown due to being part of an unreleased album. It's made entirely from one sample of a skylark singing. You best have a good sub.

http://soundcloud.com/wahrk/skylark

Edited by wahrk

The "Look Ma, No Computer!" and rack sections of the lab. Not featured: janky M-Audio keyboard controller, turntables/records, portable toys, boring computer.

post-4269-0-07039800-1324151747_thumb.jpg

post-4269-0-15178000-1324151777_thumb.jpg

nice setup!

lol @ attempt at sound baffling.

Yeah, it's a crappy poor man's attempt. There are some larger, more dense ones behind the tapestry and also behind the tapestry on the opposite wall. They help a little, and every little bit counts in this shitty apartment.

love the samadhi(?) blanket.

Ha ha, thanks. It was the coolest design I could find after looking around. Oms are nifty.

Edited by wahrk

i don't know from physics, but i can throat sing.

also you guys, i think elusive is from thousands of years in the future, because he really sounds like a hanar from mass effect.

453929-hanar_large.jpg

one would like to hear elusive's music.

my approach to acoustic treatment is recording the output of my computer speakers with my iphone and uploading that. sometimes i wear a hat made out of egg cartons while i mix, and by mix i mean press "on" on my software compressor.

Well, it would seem that you don't even have any speakers so I wouldn't worry about it.

The guitar case dampener joke was on point though. And the attempt at rephlex green was a nice touch. 4.5/sleven.

Guest ryanmcallister

@sheatheman would you consider a trade for your vintage analogue synth? i could throw in my 46' yacht and maybe some extra cash to even it out.