IGNORED

Plaid - Tekkon Kinkreet - Original Sountrack

fumi

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I saw the trailer the other day. What label is it coming out on? Will you be able to get it outside of Japan?

. . . and can we get some info in english? hopefully this will be more like 'bodyclocker' and less like 'i citizen the loathsome'

check out 'mind game' from 4C, the same studio (thread in the 'general banter' are here). it's far from typical anime really, more 'animated movie' - and damn good - the japanese DVD has english subtitles, and we expect the same with 'kinkreet'. 4C also have another film coming, 'genius party'. anyway, i was surprised to see the word 'plaid' on the site when it originally appeared, i've never been a fan of the music but i did work alongside andy's brother a decade or so ago so i've been interested to see what they get upto...

mind game trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmDjjb_LlR0

tekkon kinkreet trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV6Ahmd5JHg

• 1 month later...

What a shitter! I was hoping to get the DVD, Soundtrack or both for Xmas pressies for someone. Fuck 23rd of December!! That's seriously a dumb ass date to release something!!

What a shitter! I was hoping to get the DVD, Soundtrack or both for Xmas pressies for someone. Fuck 23rd of December!! That's seriously a dumb ass date to release something!!

Not for me it isn`t. I can just walk into any store on the 23rd and pick it up. It will probably be the only excitement I get this Christmas - Japan isn`t big on Christmas, at least not in my traditional English sense.

I wish I was back home in England now.

• 2 weeks later...

getting closer now...

I will be able to get this on the day and post impressions,

From an interview at the link below:

"Is it true that the director himself chose Plaid, a British electronic music duo, for the soundtrack?

Mike insisted that Plaid was the only band who could do it, and I think he was right too. The guys from Plaid came to Japan towards the end of the production, and when I thought they were working on the remix at the studio, it turned out that they were actually re-composing the song all over again after they saw our graphics. In their final week, they were sleeping at the studio using collapsible beds. (laugh) "

http://www.pingmag.jp/2006/11/22/making-ta...eet-into-anime/

Sounds very promising.

C`mon people. What are you like? Free your minds....forget about Aphex and Clark for a while.

Two albums from one of the best electronic music acts in the same year!

Guess I must be their only fan now.

C`mon people. What are you like? Free your minds....forget about Aphex and Clark for a while.

Two albums from one of the best electronic music acts in the same year!

Guess I must be their only fan now.

i love plaid, but greedy baby wasn't as good as spokes, which wasn't as good as their previous stuff. as far as i'm concerned, p-brane was their last wall-to-wall killer release. don't get me wrong, both of the last albums had their moments. Caretstik and Bodyclocker told me they still have it, though. those two tracks are the best things they've released in a while. And if Miamivice had been on spokes it would have been the best track.

Great Album. The pieces work very nicely IMO. They only had two copies left at Tower Records, Okinawa, Japan.

Artwork is also good. If you never liked Plaid, (what's wrong with you?) then this is not going to change your mind. However, for people who like those gorgeous chord changes that these guys excel at - this is for you.

L1000322.jpg

L1000321.jpg

Ow I really want to hear this now! I cant relate to anyone who didnt appreciate Greedy Baby. I think its one of the albums of the year and a visual masterpeice.

Great Album. The pieces work very nicely IMO. They only had two copies left at Tower Records, Okinawa, Japan.

Artwork is also good. If you never liked Plaid, (what's wrong with you?) then this is not going to change your mind. However, for people who like those gorgeous chord changes that these guys excel at - this is for you.

L1000322.jpg

L1000321.jpg

the plastic separators in the Tower Records shelves in Japan are the same used in the rest of the stores all over the world

who is the lady in your avatar?

Leaked onto moo.me.uk this morning, first listen now and its sounding rather fine. Not going to match any other studio work but Soundtracks never are... Definately worth a listen

Archived