IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - NEW ALBUM IN 2007

Pitbulle

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

and your source for the "like nothing you've ever heard before" ? :grin:

of course, i imagine he says that every record, you don't really need a source do you?

an updated rdj-style album in protools or non-atari cubase would be like nothing i've ever heard. it would also be like something i've imagined far too many times... i'd like that, really.

it does feel like time for one of those albums. look at the direction squarepusher went in...

I'm not even too fussed about an amazing new direction. A album of Analord 10 type stuff would do me nicely cheers! :) Something that mixes more digital cut up beats with the analogue synths would be wonderful.

this will be out in mar/apr 2007. gonna be like nothing you've ever heard before apparently.....

What's your source for those months?

hey, i just keep my ear to the ground, y'know....

this is when it's out though, believe.

Guest AlexPallas

it's hard to tell if this is really going to be an 'aphex twin' album, and if in fact it is, i have a feeling we should maybe not expect analord type stuff (though i would be really great, then again more drukqs stuff would too).

i have heard that it will be by Aphex Twin (as oppose to AFX), be on Rephlex (but I have also heard rumours of Warp, but I don't personally believe that) and not be particularly like anything so far released.

my personal guess is that it will be more Drukqs sounding than Analord sounding.

Don't mean to shit on everyone's parade but that magazine doesn't seem like the strongest source at all...

there is definitely new Aphex coming out in Spring 2007. Trust me. Absolute latest will be May/June, but it's hopefully due for release in Mar/April as I have already said.

Well, maybe you should give me some reason to trust you? Other than the fact that you've "heard" about stuff :).

OK, lend me some money and see if I pay it back.

I too, can confirm a new Aphex release is forthcoming, but I was told "first half of the year" and to my knowledge, it will be a WARP release, not a Rephlex one. No word on style or whatnot though.

I also mentioned that BoC were working on their next album some months ago, but was not told when it was expected out. With BoC, I wouldn't hold my breath on it coming out next year, but would be nice.

Guest Adjective
There was an magazine interview with some Warp exec a while ago which stated new Aphex would be out in 07.

yes i was going to mention this as well

exciting times

Guest jacderida

Cool, well colour me excited.

It surprises me that it's going to be on Warp, I thought he'd pretty much severed all ties with them.

Archived