IGNORED

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Guest absolu

Guest bitroast

doesn't look like it, but i want it! i want it now!

i was happy to wait til the 2nd of december, but knowing that it could appear on the internet any second now has really made me anxious : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest awkward
Del Tha Funky Homosapien will be among the hip-hop artists lending their talents to Rainydayz Remixes, an unauthorised cut-up of Radiohead's In Rainbows album. It's the brainchild of Oakland-based DJ Amplive, who has worked with Akon and Talib Kweli, but has likely never come within fifty feet of Thom Yorke & Co.

Rainydayz Remixes will be released on January 10. As with the official In Rainbows, you will be able to download it free of charge. High-quality MP3s and artwork will be dispatched direct from Amplive. It will only be available however to those who can prove that they "bought" the original In Rainbows - even if they paid £0.00.

Only one song has been made available so far, a remix of Weird Fishes/Arpeggi - with no Del in earshot. The wistful Radiohead original is diced into something RollingStone.com calls "sleek and simmering", and we call "weak and plodding".

http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2226234,00.html

if anyone can find the track thats out there i'll put a fish in their garden

in rainbows restores my faith in radiohead. hail to the thief and eraser just didn't have that spark. it sounds like they did a lot of experimenting, like they had fun making this record. they sound matured. and nigel godrich is a genius.

So did they just ditch all the work they did with Mike Stent?

I was expecting to hear something that had nothing to do with Godrich, but I opened it up to hear something that sounded exactly like Radiohead collaborating with Godrich again. I thought "wow, he's really left a lasting impression on the group..." and was shocked at how close they'd matched the mixes he'd done for them in the past --last I'd heard Godrich wasn't having anything to do with the project because the band wanted to leave their comfort zone.

Well anyway, I'm glad they decided to go back to him in the end. He's my favorite producer at the moment.

Guest Jack Carr

Its a decent album and certainly a grower, but musically, lyrically and conceptually doesn't touch some of their earlier stuff, though I would seriously consider putting reckoner in my top 10 radiohead songs ever. I'm pretty sure however, I could come up with 10 b-sides from earlier albums that would make a better album than this.

My discbox came about a week ago, sounds nicer in decent quality obviously, some nice songs on the second disc too, down is the new up, go slowly, up on the ladder, in fact part of me thinks they should have trimmed some more songs and just released a 12-13 track album with the best from both discs on it.

OK Computer

Kid A

The Bends

Amnesiac

In Rainbows

Hail To The Thief

Pablo Honey

Amnesiac just pips it because of pyramid song and life in a glass house, and because they've ruined videotape beyond all recognition.

So did they just ditch all the work they did with Mike Stent?

Yeah pretty much. They worked with Stent in 2005 and said they weren't happy with the results, though they said Stent did a good job, their minds weren't in the right place and they weren't getting things done. I think they recorded a version of 'Nude' with him that I'd like to hear.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got this on CD today. It comes with Radiohead's worst artwork ever, a booklet with lyrics, and a sticker. But at least the music is good and cd quality. May we never here Hail to the Thief again.

Guest bitroast

i like the artwork. has nothing compaired to ok computer - > hail to the thief, but worst artwork ever? come on.

41EE51QSAJL._AA240_.jpg

all that black and white suburban stuff donwood was doing with the down/up arrows was pretty cool. but the album is nowhere near that dark for that kinda artwork : P

let me know how that 2nd disc goes. I'd say the album was better than Amnesiac (thought nothing on it is as good as "Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box") and not as good as Hail to the Thief (though "15 Step" is better than anything on there) but its decent record.

stand outs, most surely "15 Step", "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" and "Bodysnatchers".

Guest bitroast

haha, i hate httt, so im not sure what my opinion will mean to you.

either way, the 2nd disc is alright. most of the songs are pretty dull.

you might just appreciate the extra tracks, but dont expect anything particularly good or anything..

My favs are Nude and Weird Fishes.

I also hate every track on HTTT except the first. Amnesiac has a few really good songs, but is a poor album and has no flow and really sounds like leftover's from a better album that was never made.

Overall for me, it's

Kid A, Ok Computer, and In Rainbows at the top. I just can't get into any other Radiohead material, except for a few tracks off of Amnesiac. Especially Like Spinning Plates which I think is my fav on that album.

Amnesiac has a few really good songs, but is a poor album and has no flow and really sounds like leftover's from a better album that was never made.

Especially Like Spinning Plates which I think is my fav on that album.

Amnesiac was the left overs from Kid A i thought, right? same session.

now the piano version of Like Spinning Plates off that live record i thought was pretty good.

Guest bitroast
Amnesiac has a few really good songs, but is a poor album and has no flow and really sounds like leftover's from a better album that was never made.

Especially Like Spinning Plates which I think is my fav on that album.

Amnesiac was the left overs from Kid A i thought, right? same session.

yeah, same session (tho i think they might've gone back in the studio to finish some songs or something.)

dunno if you'd call it leftovers.. but yah, the flow of the album is pretty scattered. that said, it does have some of their best songs (pyramid song!! knives out!! dollars and cents!! etc!!etc!!)

anyone know if there's gonna be a remixes album, like for the Eraser?

(anyone know if the eraser remixes are actually gonna be released as a proper "album"/CD vs 3 vinyl eps and random

mp3 floating around.)

yeah the Boomkat site says they're going to get a real release i believe, just that they're getting to release the mp3s first.

problem is (and i think i only listened to the first set of mixes) the remixes are pretty bad. i didn't hear any magic.

Archived