IGNORED

New Autechre/Hafler Trio collaboration

Guest Ephphatha

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FAO That Spanish Guy

For your viewing pleasure: http://twitpic.com/6eumxy

30 minutes into the first disc, hit the "whisk" zone, great!

This is actually very listen-able. So far it has all flowed together nicely and I cant wait to listen to this again on my proper system

Ok I'm only listening on a stereo setup (will have to wait a month or so before I can get into a 5.1 control room... that's gonna be some fun!) and I'm only 8 minutes in, but this is already more interesting than I remember either of the other two being...

EDIT: But yeah, whoever said about the whole 2 hours per disc is right. I've only got 48 minutes showing here on disc 1 too...

DL'ed the rip. there are 2 parts on disc 2 first is about 50 minutes and second is about 60 minutes. I really liked what I've heard, sounds in similar vein as last 15 minutes of 3hae which is my favourite part of previous collaborations!

Missed my chance to buy this. All sold out now evidently. If anyone has an extra copy, I'd be willing to buy it. Please PM me if interested.

I love Bleep's 'special tipoff', many months after anyone who actually gave a fuck about this release found out about it.

And their stocks were sold out lol. Pointless I agree.

I love Bleep's 'special tipoff', many months after anyone who actually gave a fuck about this release found out about it.

And their stocks were sold out lol. Pointless I agree.

I wondered if Bleep were hyping Ae up for an upcoming release on Warp... then I told myself to get real. I guess there IS the Gescom EP though.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=3087340&ev=rb

Lol, this guy doesnt even own his copy yet and he is trying to get a monkey for it.

Photo shoot of the releases now up on my blog if your interested

http://felt-ch.tumblr.com/post/9968330207/all-3-of-the-autechre-hafler-trio-collaborative

i'm surprised more people here don't have like a DVD home theatre setup with 5 speakers + a sub, they sell them at best buy now for like $75. frustrated and still waiting for mine here in the US

the question of buying one or not buying one (cheap one like you said) is on my mind since i got the dvd. i dont really care about home theatre so its really for the Ae/H30 thing... i'm not sure that you'll like it as its similar (but better) than the previous ones but i truly thinks the music is fantastic. mysterious drones you can (very easily) get lost in.

i'm surprised more people here don't have like a DVD home theatre setup with 5 speakers + a sub, they sell them at best buy now for like $75. frustrated and still waiting for mine here in the US

I got a 5.1 setup about a year ago and i hardly ever listen to anything in 5.1. That said though, the only 5.1 albums i have are the early Genesis albums (fucking awesome), Downward Spiral (AMAZING) and the 5.1 reissue of Red by King Crimson (not so awesome - a power trio album just doesn't quite work in 5.1).

I'm surprised we haven't seen more 5.1 albums by IDM acts - especially Autechre. Oversteps in 5.1 would be simply gorgeous.

For those in North America interested in purchasing this without having to deal with currency conversion and costs of shipping from Europe, Simply Superior (US branch) will have a bunch for direct sale, straight from the factory, for $37 plus shipping, as soon as the US Postal Service gets them into my hands (which should be next week). At that time I'll post another message with Paypal payment instructions.

i just tried it out on my DVD player and 5.1 receiver which is DTS and dolby digital capable and i'm only getting a stereo signal (2 channels). The DVD video menu is a grey square with no options on my TV, but im viewing it on an NTSC system, it says Pal only. Maybe someone who put this DVD together can explain how to get the surround sound working or how to troubleshoot

nevermind, totally my fault my system resetted back to the stereo optical out default setting, but then i just rememebred i had a copy of a Sonig release 'DaS OHR AM GLEIS' which is surround sound 5.1 field recordings of train stations turned into ambient music by C-schul & F.X. Randomiz <--- this shit is seriously awesome i forgot that it was not only a CD but also a DVD on the flip side. Highly recommended for fans of the AE + h30 collabs

ok this sounds ridiculously good in 5.1, there is almost a continuous surround sound flange/phase happening that is very psychedelic (that you can only hear slightly in stereo and its far less cool) and just what i would expect geniuses like AE to do with a drone release using the medium.

the above post was only referring to the much shorter DVD disc, im about 55 minutes into the other disc and it's very underwhelming, the changes are even more imperceptible than the last 2 collabs. Loving the other more dynamic DVd disc though

Archived