IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

• 2 months later...

Made this for dinner (well, half-assed waipipo version)

This is how it turned out
20210110_181026.thumb.jpg.69794c9faf6595c9a7f6170b9f3b3ed8.jpg

Had leftover cooked white rice to use up, but it was plain. So I ended up throwing in some chicken broth and minced ginger before adding the other sauces. This is also my first time ever using MSG in cooking (yes, the most important ingredient). So I'd say it was maybe a 66 percent match with Nigel Ng's Uncle Roger's, but I think it turned out pretty Fuiyo overall.

• Like 2

Did Korean Tacos this weekend. Really good.

Marinate meat (I used short ribs) overnight or more in soy sauce, mirin, lots of garlic, spring onion, sesame oil and quite a bit of sugar.

Cook meat. I seared it and then put it in a 90 degree oven for 8 hours. Doesn’t really matter. The important thing is you end up with meat that has a Korean BBQ type flavor, meaning salty and sweet.

Shred, cut up, do whatever to the meat and dump on soft shell tacos. Add a salad that has some vaguely Korean seeming ingredients, like Napa (“Chinese”) cabbage and daikon (rettich).

Since Korean tacos were invented in Los Angeles you should finish off the tacos with cilantro and Sriracha.

Very good, will make again.

• Like 2

spacer.png

IMO... This is actually better than most actual chorizos you can get in a store. By far the best soy chorizo out there that I've tried.

A go-to breakfast of mine is about 1/3rd cup of this stuff cooked up with an egg and served on lightly pan fried corn tortillas w/ diced red onion, avocado, cilantro and tapatio.

Today I just chucked a big hunk of this stuff in with a couple eggs and made a scramble (served again with tapatio... and some grapefruit juice) and it was damn near heaven.

Edited by J3FF3R00

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...