IGNORED

What are you consuming right now?

Squee

Freshly cooked white rice mixed with egg and soy sauce topped with natto. And black coffee mixed with coconut oil and leftover niter kibbeh (Ethiopian ghee) I made months ago which shows no signs of spoilage.

I still have a few bits of durian in the fridge but the smell is making me hesitate to finish the rest. Tastes sweet, but still has that rancid aftertaste. I hate to waste food, but...

• 2 weeks later...

bog standard gin and tonic, Gordon's and Schweppes, no lime in the fruit basket, few lumps of ice

tastes great

booze free next 2 days so I'll probs have another one

Edited by beerwolf

5C6DEFF4-9295-4C3B-B36E-53CDDAD85EC1.jpeg.05a022cc94d11688299ce25399ca4927.jpeg

Regular shop visitor gave me these, were delicious. Managed to work my way through all 4 of them while drinking my “fuck it, it’s 5 o clock I can have a beer while serving customers” beer. Makes these 10+ hr days bearable ?

• 2 weeks later...

Said homemade pizzas (one tomato and pepperoni, the other pesto, shrimp, and sundried tomatoes) and local brewery with delicious IPA offering

1837ECB1-5267-46D7-873B-C2583EFC2776.jpeg

71E5E4C7-8F72-401E-A44F-5F1C1D788E9F.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

14 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Peesa pics when they’re done pls! Are you still on a suntory kick these days?

Pizza pics uploaded. Nikka is my preferred Japanese whiskey, but I do like Suntory. Recently been drinking the Kingsbarns Dream to Dram which is outstanding for a new whiskey. The old fashioned was just made with a cheap Canadian rye (from the great one’s distillery ? )

• Like 1

Carrot cake I baked from scratch. 
I used this recipe as a backbone but changed it up. 
https://www.inspiredtaste.net/25753/carrot-cake-recipe/

... I added an extra half cup or so of carrot, cut about 1/4 cup of sugar in the batter, then added an extra 1/4tsp salt, extra 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1tsp nutmeg, 1tsp ground ginger and 1/4tsp freshly ground cloves (1/2tsp whole). 
The cream cheese frosting was super easy to make and wasn’t too sweet. 
It’s nice to pretend that just because there’s a bunch of carrots/fiber in there that it’s healthy. But I’m guessing it isn’t.