IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

There's a lot of nonsense sub-lord of the rings (and I don't even like lotr) dialogue throughout, I mainly (much like the previous game Oblivion) play it like a walk-em-up and then when I get bored do the occasional mission. But then I'm a bit weird.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a fan of skyrim at all, its a garbage release, i do not understand all this hype.

Not hype, people like roaming vast landscapes and doing random quests, exploring dungeons and looting all in First Person (or its semi-good 3rd Person) while in a fantasy world that can be modded with tons of news user content and mods to make the game play longer and look better. If you don't like that, and want a more directed static game, play Mass Effect.

I will admit though, after playing since Morrowind, the engine is starting to wear out. I was hoping for a grander improvement like DX11 or something since the tech exists, but dam consoles have us living in the past and slowing game development. Now I have to wait another 5-6 years to see a TES game in DX11 when we have it now... :/

God of War: Ascension has been officially announced! Huzzah! Playing GoW III right now, and had forgotten how amazing this game was - the graphics easily rival the current crop of games (Uncharted 3), so I can't imagine how good the next GoW will look.

Cool - there were some pretty cool rumours about it late last year.

http://kotaku.com/5844014/rumor-dead-space-3-trades-total-darkness-for-blinding-light-on-a-frozen-planet

Didn't like Dead Space 2 but I am interested in a third game for some weird reason...

I've been absolutely addicted to Dead Rising 2 the last week. Played it the whole weekend and every night after work.

These games are just fucking rock solid. I really enjoy it when games have a bunch of stuff to unlock and retain your stats after completion, so getting game over isn't a pain and you're happy to restart.

They're a weird sort as well. Often quite campy and humourous, but then having some genuinely disturbing moments like with the magician psychopaths who perform a sawing a woman in half act on a live woman, literally sawing her in half.

Anyway, slaughtering thousands of zombies for me equals fun fun fun. Not everybody's cup of tea but I love it. 9/10.

I've been absolutely addicted to Dead Rising 2 the last week. Played it the whole weekend and every night after work.

These games are just fucking rock solid. I really enjoy it when games have a bunch of stuff to unlock and retain your stats after completion, so getting game over isn't a pain and you're happy to restart.

They're a weird sort as well. Often quite campy and humourous, but then having some genuinely disturbing moments like with the magician psychopaths who perform a sawing a woman in half act on a live woman, literally sawing her in half.

Anyway, slaughtering thousands of zombies for me equals fun fun fun. Not everybody's cup of tea but I love it. 9/10.

*talking through clenched teeth*

But they're so fucking Japanese (even though Dead Rising 2 was made by a Canadian developer).

I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Weird gameplay mechanics such as only being able to save in certain places. It's campy and weird like you mentioned yourself. There's a time limit on everything which I can't stand. I hate games that rush you. Then there's the poorly built boss battles, bad inventory control and item storage system... ugh... I played the first game and I kinda forced myself into liking it but I hated the fact that the game more or less forced me to start over multiple times because I was running out of time to complete the game's main quests. I know that if you changed the save function and removed the time limit it would end up being a completely different game, but still...

Weird gameplay mechanics such as only being able to save in certain places. It's campy and weird like you mentioned yourself. There's a time limit on everything which I can't stand. I hate games that rush you. Then there's the poorly built boss battles, bad inventory control and item storage system... ugh... I played the first game and I kinda forced myself into liking it but I hated the fact that the game more or less forced me to start over multiple times because I was running out of time to complete the game's main quests. I know that if you changed the save function and removed the time limit it would end up being a completely different game, but still...

Once I saw time limit on Dead Rising I deleted that shit of my PS3's Hard drive. Back when my Ps3 was hacked.

Once I saw time limit on Dead Rising I deleted that shit of my PS3's Hard drive. Back when my Ps3 was hacked.

*chest bump*

I'd like to play ME2 on my ps3, but (a) is it worth it if ME3 invalidates the whole story? and (b) I don't ever want to give EA any money.

I'd like to play ME2 on my ps3, but (a) is it worth it if ME3 invalidates the whole story? and (b) I don't ever want to give EA any money.

Don't listen to what you might have heard about Mass Effect 3's ending. You're playing the game not the ending. It's how fun it is to play and how engaging it is while you're playing it. The thing is that most gamers, especially hardcore ones, are doing their finest at finding things to complain about, and the fact that the ending to the Mass Effect trilogy isn't affected by the way you've played the game created a fucking uproar. Kinda silly, really, because the ending is fine. It couldn't have ended any other way imo.

So that just leaves me to get over the gross feeling I get from paying EA anything, lol

I've never played the Mass Effect games, and it seems like, I dunno, the thing to do these days.

I've never been interested in Mass Effect - I played the demo for ME2, and was bored to tears.

Dead Space 3 was inevitable - I need to pick 2 up now that it's regularly in the 20USD range brand new in most places and online...

I've never been interested in Mass Effect - I played the demo for ME2, and was bored to tears.

Dead Space 3 was inevitable - I need to pick 2 up now that it's regularly in the 20USD range brand new in most places and online...

I really enjoyed the Mass Effect games.

And yeah, go pick up Dead Space 2 Joyrex. It was great.

So that just leaves me to get over the gross feeling I get from paying EA anything, lol

I've never played the Mass Effect games, and it seems like, I dunno, the thing to do these days.

Buy it, but buy a second-hand copy. Fuck EA and their shit.

Archived