IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

so i bought the deus Ex because Im a cheap bastard...Dark Souls looked enticing, but ill wait until its in the 20 dollar range.

dawwwwwww! I got it for 30 used for the ps3. Best 30 I've spent in ages.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DayZ Mod - A multiplayer zombie survival game

I'm actually am running a server for this if you guys want to come play on it.

US 303 Dallas

clansm.net for details and forums for any related issues.

Edit:

Ok a quick search revealed some of you are playing this...

Firstly, I'm going to start streaming soon and I'll post so you guys can watch if you are interested.

Second,

It is a MMOquasi-RPG where you play on a specific server, but your character can be moved to any server you choose just by joining it. It has character building elements based on the idea that better loot is more rare and harder to come by, but there isn't any skill tree or point distribution aspect to the game at all. The challenge comes from A) getting good loot B) surviving. After a little while PVP is the main concern, because if spotted most people will try to kill you. You quickly learn to shoot first and ask questions later. If you get good enough at the game you can start acquiring vehicles, tents, and defenses , and start making your own encampments to horde your gear. The game is much easier with companions so playing with at least one other person is suggested.

The game is pretty buggy at this point being as it is still in the Alpha stage of development, but it is still very playable.

I would describe it as GTA meets Minecraft meets Resident Evil or something to that effect.

so i bought the deus Ex because Im a cheap bastard...Dark Souls looked enticing, but ill wait until its in the 20 dollar range.

I think my copy of DX was $10 on Steam. Even though I've got a high-end machine, I'm playing this one again because it's better than most games out there in recent years.

I think my copy of DX was $10 on Steam. Even though I've got a high-end machine, I'm playing this one again because it's better than most games out there in recent years.

It's definitely the best game I've ever played.

I wish I still had the time to play games. Unfortunately I just feel too guilty that I'm wasting precious music-making time when I play games these days!

damn, first party Wii U games are only rocking 720p, why shortchange your own system when you're trying to catch up to the HD consoles? I can understand in an isometric view ala Pikmin or P-100 it's not that noticeable, but put on an intense MP FPS, and see the difference.

I remember the first gen of 360 games were weak on resolution, Halo 3 was like 640p or some shit?

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/nintendo-confirms-wii-u-launch-games-will-run-at-720p/

I'm considering buying a PS3. I was planning on travelling this summer, but that has been cancelled by my partner. So now I have alot of spare time og money left.

If I'm going to be buy it, it's going to be for the exsclusive titles only. But is worth investing the money for those titles only? There's probably going to be announced new consoles by Sony and MS next year. So it could easily feel like a big waste of money in a year.

And alot of it comes down to if The Last Guardian is going to be released. Any news on that?

Guest Frankie5fingers

I'm considering buying a PS3. I was planning on travelling this summer, but that has been cancelled by my partner. So now I have alot of spare time og money left.

If I'm going to be buy for the exsclusive titles only. But is worth investing the money for those titles only? There's probably going to be announced new consoles by Sony and MS next year. So it could easily feel like a big waste of money in a year.

And alot of it comes down to if The Last Guardian is going to be released. Any news on that?

i can see your dilemma. With the WiiU announced Sony and Micro will no doubt announce new consoles next year. ids say maybe wait. cause if that new Sony system is compatible with PS3 games you will be PISSED.

as for the Last Guardian, The Directer and designer Ueda has left Sony. but he does remain a consultant for the game. so.....don't hold your breath on this one. there is no release date for it.

damn, first party Wii U games are only rocking 720p, why shortchange your own system when you're trying to catch up to the HD consoles? I can understand in an isometric view ala Pikmin or P-100 it's not that noticeable, but put on an intense MP FPS, and see the difference.

I remember the first gen of 360 games were weak on resolution, Halo 3 was like 640p or some shit?

http://wiiudaily.com...ll-run-at-720p/

Goddamn, it gets worse and worse for Nintendo - they should have made 1080P the standard in this day and age, and that would have at least been a slight bragging point against PS3/XBOX... they're done for.

Granted, very few AAA games these days push 1080P on consoles, and many are sub 720P in order to keep framerates up and consistent. And most games look great anyways, so no biggie - but we're talking about hardware that is pushing 6-7 years old now, so I wouldn't expect them to do 1080P/60FPS in 95% of the games. But the Wii U, hardware designed in 2010/11/12, should be more than capable of doing 1080P/60FPS - you can't tell me Mario or Pikmin are drains on the hardware by any means... if that's the case, then Nintendo's setting themselves up for the shortest console lifespan in history.

Gah - what happened to the glory days of Nintendo when they were the leaders, the innovators (in hardware and software)? Who had the first true 3D polygon game on consoles? Nintendo (Starfox on the SNES). Look at how far they've fallen.

Miyamoto and all the C-level staff there should commit Seppuku and be done with it.

If I'm going to be buy it, it's going to be for the exsclusive titles only. But is worth investing the money for those titles only? There's probably going to be announced new consoles by Sony and MS next year. So it could easily feel like a big waste of money in a year.

I can guarantee you The Last Guardian won't be out this year for certain - I would expect if it ever comes out, it will be a swan song game on the PS3 once the new Sony console is unveiled, and considering how shaky it's been, it might never come out on PS3 and may migrate to the new console if Sony feels it's worth saving from it's development hell state it's in.

There's rumours of a newer PS3 (based on FCC filings for a new model # of PS3 that is more than a minor revision) that may be smaller than the current model of PS3 (I think Sony wants us to forget about the original PS3 model), and most likely cheaper for them to manufacture and hopefully will signal a significant price reduction down to 199.00. You might want to hold out at least a month more to see what comes of that, if anything, as that might get you your PS3 on your budget.

It's definitely the best game I've ever played.

I wish I still had the time to play games. Unfortunately I just feel too guilty that I'm wasting precious music-making time when I play games these days!

the original is, or the Human REv? I have Human Rev....I think I played through about half of the original years and years back (I had a shit family computer that could only run dos programs...went to my friends house to play it with him.)

I now have Deus Ex HR as an incentive to finish this damn book review, maybe after that Ill check out the original?

Oops, yeah the original. I really liked the second one as well despite its shortcomings. The Unreal 2 engine really sucked.

Finished Dark Souls. Spent ages doing every little thing in the game. Best game I've ever played, honestly.

Any one playing Dragons Dogma? Thinking of getting that next. I think I may have asked this before, in this thread.

Guest Mirezzi

I'm going to play Dark Souls, but first I feel a compulsion to play through Arkham City because it seems really fucking good.

Squee likes Dragon's Dogma.

Guest cult fiction

SPELUNKY!

If you're a Dark Souls fan definitely give it a shot. Gives me many of the same feelings, except in a cute 2D platformer with randomly generated levels.

The levels can be a bit TOO random though - sometimes the pug I'm rescuing will be right next to the exit, other times embedded in a wall. That said, it's always fun!

I think the best thing about Dark Souls is the story. I know there is a whole thread about DS, but honestly, how enigmatic the story is...and tracking down all the lore was my favorite part. Epicnamebro has a good youtube channel full of Dark Souls stuff.

Guest Mirezzi

Squee likes Dragon's Dogma.

What? Never played it :)

*searches topic*

Oops, sorry sweetie.

It was Ego and 747music who've played it - both liked it.

Guest cult fiction

I think the best thing about Dark Souls is the story. I know there is a whole thread about DS, but honestly, how enigmatic the story is...and tracking down all the lore was my favorite part. Epicnamebro has a good youtube channel full of Dark Souls stuff.

I really love the aesthetics in DS. You need to have something really special to get away with such a minimalistic presentation and still have people care. The Gwynevere/Gwyndolin storyline is so awesome and subtle.

That said, I think my favorite part of DS is the gameplay and the feeling of real investment in the moment to moment experience, and Spelunky gives you that feeling in micro 5 min. game sessions. It's also a total blast to play with friends.

I think the interesting thing about DS's story is that your character is essentially the real bad guy, and either way you play it you are being manipulated.

All the bosses essentially gained power to defeat the dragons, which began all of their downfalls.

I find Gwyn to actually be a pretty decent person. Most likely a benevolent ruler who at least took pity upon Seethe, and obviously spread his wealth/souls to his followers, four kings, etc. I think the curse of the undead was obviously the result of using souls for maintaining power. I don't really think Gwyn knew what to do when he had to choose between killing humans or letting his family die out.

Nito is also interesting in that he never really bothered anyone, but instead was hunted by paladins in an attempt to overthrow the gods. The locations of occult and divine weapons in the game make it seem like he was the hunted and not the hunter.

The Chaos witches seemed to have fucked up pretty good, but only did so because they thought the answer to their problems was to create a new flame. Its interesting that the game is pretty clear that Gwyns followers attacked the demons and became the black knights, whats unclear is the reason why or when. Its possible Gwyn was trying to actually save the witches after they created the bed of chaos.

And then you come along, a product of the furtive pygmy's dark soul, with the ability to never die, and you round up every single soul created by killing everyone who had one.

Yes. I chose the "dark" ending, but I ultimately felt I was being manipulated by Frampt (or Kaathe, depending on your choice) either way. I liked the story line of Gwyns children as well, like they were the sort of petulant ones. The chaos sisters story was quite dope as well, and rather sad. Same goes for Solaire. I know you can keep him alive, but it is rather in depth and I didn't feel like switching covenants again. My only real complaint was how anticlimactic the end felt. I wish there was more to the Kiln, and that zone in general. Probably one of my favorite in the game. It felt very Demons Souls. But those are relatively small complaints. Really looking forward to the DLC, and some potential Oolacile action.

Guest jasondonervan

SPELUNKY!

I'm hearing rave reviews from friends about this, might have to dust off the 360 later and take a look.

Took a random punt on Theatrhythm for 3DS. Terrible name aside, it's an enjoyable little rhythm action game dressed up in Final Fantasy clothing. For the most part, a lot of the fan service is lost on me as I've only dabbled in various FFs over the years, but the presentation/artwork is lovely. The character art is especially adorable:

91px-Theatrhythm_cloud.png80px-Theatrhythm_Squall.png81px-Theatrhythm_Aerith.png99px-Theatrhythm_Sepiroth.png82px-Theatrhythm_Vivi.png89px-Theatrhythm_Chocobo.png53px-Theatrhythm_Moogle.png

lol. I can't get past the last level :(

Amazon.

Been playing Arcade games with MAME lately. A lot of Space Dungeon and Tempest.

This guy's birthday next week http://en.wikipedia....i/Makoto_Uchida

You should play his stuff in celebration.

I'm pretty strictly pre-1985 as far as arcade games go. That's when it was all about the concepts versus sound design and graphics (since they had nothing to work with). It's also before every game became

a. Side Scrolling Beat-em-up

b. Vertical Scrolling ship shmup

c. Another Racing Game

d. One-on-one fighting game.

With that said, I love me some golden axe.

Archived