IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

this really interests me but i still have absolutely no idea what it is about.

Getting some really good reviews around the 'net...

And, as mentioned before, a demo out tomorrow on PSN.

I played the demo last night, it's like watching an episode of Law and Order: SVU whilst playing Parappa The Rapper. But still quite enjoyable nonetheless.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest viscosity

psychonauts!

i want to be a psychonauts and run around inside peoples minds.

Schaffer is great, would like to play Brütal Legend if it ever gets released on pc

this really interests me but i still have absolutely no idea what it is about.

Getting some really good reviews around the 'net...

And, as mentioned before, a demo out tomorrow on PSN.

I played the demo last night, it's like watching an episode of Law and Order: SVU whilst playing Parappa The Rapper. But still quite enjoyable nonetheless.

another game I wish i could play, might have to get a ps3 eventually. that video really makes me envious of the future.. i want a portable holographic/vr computer

pikmin wii version

I was all like "Oh sweet! Pikmin on the Wii, I hadn't heard." Then I searched pikmin wii and watched a video on the Nintendo site and thought "This looks just like the first one." Then I read the page some more, and IT IS A REMAKE OF THE FIRST ONE...... wtf Nintendo? :facepalm:

It's called repackaging to make more money. Add in Wii controls, perhaps throw in some 480p widescreen, and bam - instant revived profit stream from an old IP.

Oh, I completely understand this. Just makes me mad... Pikmin was a fun game and I would love to see a true Wii installment in the series, not a repackage of the original (which I own). It's kind of surprising how many games Nintendo has done this to now that I look at their page.

I hear you - the way Nintendo has handled the Wii is baffling, and surprising they did as well as they have despite what I consider "mistakes", all based around their sometimes backwards corporate philosophy. It is interesting to note the Play Control! Wii series (basically GameCube games repackaged with Wii Controls and minor enhancements) has done well, but not as well as they had hoped.

If they'd just do a 480P/16:9 Windwaker Play Control! version, I'd be a bit happier.

In other news, Solid Snake is the most popular game character ever, even more than Mario. WTF?

Look at that list.... WTF?

Here's the Top Ten:

1. Snake

2. Mario

3. Cloud Strife <--WTF is this shit?

4. The slimes from Dragon Quest <--WTF is this shit?

5. Sora from Kingdom Hearts <--WTF is this shit?

6. Link

7. Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia <--WTF is this shit?

8. Amaterasu from Okami <--WTF is this shit?

9. Pikachu

10. Sonic

pikmin wii version

I was all like "Oh sweet! Pikmin on the Wii, I hadn't heard." Then I searched pikmin wii and watched a video on the Nintendo site and thought "This looks just like the first one." Then I read the page some more, and IT IS A REMAKE OF THE FIRST ONE...... wtf Nintendo? :facepalm:

It's called repackaging to make more money. Add in Wii controls, perhaps throw in some 480p widescreen, and bam - instant revived profit stream from an old IP.

Oh, I completely understand this. Just makes me mad... Pikmin was a fun game and I would love to see a true Wii installment in the series, not a repackage of the original (which I own). It's kind of surprising how many games Nintendo has done this to now that I look at their page.

I hear you - the way Nintendo has handled the Wii is baffling, and surprising they did as well as they have despite what I consider "mistakes", all based around their sometimes backwards corporate philosophy. It is interesting to note the Play Control! Wii series (basically GameCube games repackaged with Wii Controls and minor enhancements) has done well, but not as well as they had hoped.

If they'd just do a 480P/16:9 Windwaker Play Control! version, I'd be a bit happier.

In other news, Solid Snake is the most popular game character ever, even more than Mario. WTF?

they seriously need to release the revamped Pikmin 2 in the US, that was my fav GC game of all time.

pikmin wii version

they seriously need to release the revamped Pikmin 2 in the US, that was my fav GC game of all time.

Don't say this kind of stuff guys... The Nintedo spiderbot will crawl all over watmm and take this news back to Nintendo. Then they'll feel justified selling the same fucking 10 year old games but w/ Wii controls and I'll be sad....

I just beat InFamous. Great game!

Am downloading the demo for heavy rain right now. Can't wait to play it.

I'll be playing the god of war collection next... that or rent another game...

I just beat InFamous. Great game!

Am downloading the demo for heavy rain right now. Can't wait to play it.

I'll be playing the god of war collection next... that or rent another game...

I'm working my way through the GoW Collection right now... great games that I never played the first time around, and a good way to get 2 platinum trophies fairly easily (from what I've heard).

Aliens vs. Predator

Why is there so much hype about this... I played AVP years ago.

Because it's not the same game you played years ago

DERP DERP DERP

god of war 1 was fun for me but it seemed kind of shallow. How does the sequel match up? I'll probably pick it up eventually but i never figured out what earned the series so much hype. Most likely i will get one of the new ratchet and clank games first.

god of war 1 was fun for me but it seemed kind of shallow. How does the sequel match up? I'll probably pick it up eventually but i never figured out what earned the series so much hype. Most likely i will get one of the new ratchet and clank games first.

Well, with the HD graphics, it's pretty nice, and the overall game design and gameplay hold up well for a relatively old game...

Well, with the HD graphics, it's pretty nice, and the overall game design and gameplay hold up well for a relatively old game...

definitely. and for only $30 it's a steal.

a few demos of the psn-store:

Heavy Rain

Visiually stunning, the story seems to be good too. Voice actors were pretty bad, which killed a lot of the great atmosphere. And I'm not sure about the gameplay, so far it was mostly a series of quick time events...

Maybe the german voice-actors are better(yeah...) and I'll give it a chance

Bayonetta

The fights were a little to uncontrolled and hectic, I could hardly see what I was hitting. The soundtrack and the whole imho cheesy jap-style repelled me...not gonna buy

Alien vs Predators Multiplayer

I loved that game on LANs ...unfortunately I couldnt connect to a server :shuriken:

so far, the demo map seems unbalanced towards the Marines, i mean basically go get a sammich or something until that round is over. your only hope of surviving is stay in an extremely tight group, but good luck getting 13 year old racist kids to follow you on XBL.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

so far, the demo map seems unbalanced towards the Marines, i mean basically go get a sammich or something until that round is over. your only hope of surviving is stay in an extremely tight group, but good luck getting 13 year old racist kids to follow you on XBL.

On PC ive seen marines end the round with 15 more points than non-noob games filled with predators and aliens. Pretty after the 6 or so hours ive played that on PC if everyone knows what they are doing the species are pretty well balanced. Much more than AvP 2000 on PC, which was still a really really fun MP game. ohh how I miss the crazyness of the mplayer days. why cant I hack the lobbyz again and blast mmmbop to 200 nerd raging 56kers wanting to play rainbow six: rogue spear

Guest AcrossCanyons

Just finished Bioshock 2 on my first playthrough. The ending (or atleast the one I got) was awesome. Excited to see what'll be different on my next playthrough.

Guest EleminoP

Not actually playing ( I wish I was )

Jet Grind Radio ( aka Jet Set Radio )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBbf1v2Ctv4

I gotta find my dreamcast cables .

Ah fuck yes. I loved that game. Fond memories of staying home from school due to illness and playing this, then puking, then playing, repeat. The soundtrack is actually one of the main things that got me into electronic music.

Archived