IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest mafted

I'm torn on this.. On one side, you have better graphics, mod-ability, higher precision, more options, yet less interactivity,, on the other you have good graphics, no mods, no customization, and a lot more interactivity. Even after falling in love with my PS3 controller after playing Drake's Fortune, Wipeout HD, etc. .. I still can't get used to FPS's on them. It is funny watching people shoot all around you, when online, bc their adrenaline has taken over any X, Y thumb abilities.. lol. With PC there would be no hesitation for people to line their coordinates up.. when you go around that corner, you're dead the second they see you,, no handicaps! CSS is a good example. But, I guess it all comes down to what you're used to.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since when did this thread go from what games your playing into a pc vs console war?

im totally hooked on BFBC2 soo good. i sold cod today i dont think i can play any other fps after bfbc2.

:trashbear:

Anyone played Greed Corp yet?

New PSN game, looks pretty good.

[youtubehd]LDq-9t9VEeg[/youtubehd]

I saw that... after seeing that video, it makes me want to try it! I wonder if they have a demo available...

I saw that... after seeing that video, it makes me want to try it! I wonder if they have a demo available...

I bought it last night, it's only $10.

The tutorial is not very helpful, but you can figure out how to play and learn some strategy just by watching the computer take its turns.

It's an interesting game, sort of like Risk with destructible terrain. The graphics should probably have been 2D. I kind of want to clone the game with different visuals..

It also has online vs mode, didn't try it yet.

gow chains of olympus on psp in attempt to (re-)play the gow series before I get GoWIII.

The graphic is unbelievable for the psp, unfortunately it seems like they´ ve reduced the number of enemies you can fight at once and increased their health to cover it up..

Finished the challenges rather quickly, which motivated me to try god mode.... now i´m stuck at the first boss :whistling:

Guest Grizz

since when did this thread go from what games your playing into a pc vs console war?

im totally hooked on BFBC2 soo good. i sold cod today i dont think i can play any other fps after bfbc2.

Meh, Blanketforts coming in every other page on the thread whining about console gaming. I tend to just skip his posts in this thread anywho.

not every gamer cares about being "L33t", or an expert gamer....most people just want to play games.

I feel that this is in support of the PC vs. controller argument being completely retarded.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Meh, Blanketforts coming in every other page on the thread whining about console gaming. I tend to just skip his posts in this thread anywho.

:facepalm: (super drunk disappointed) I love teh watmm community & I only want whats best for teh tubular gamers of teh universe. My anti-console response's were plenty provoked by teh frustration of posters I know could be having a better time than playing on xbox live/psn etc. I obviously know my protests are not gonna change anything, console gamers are pretty well set in their convenient ways.. I honestly just would like to see some turbo smart watmmer's move up to PC MP gaming for all's benefit.

I will be content pwn'ing in my own personal optimal situation no matter what comes of the future of entertainment software, I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing... I truly wish you the fun zone doogie howzer... and for gaming not to turn into a retardedly simplified episode of the cosby's (im fucking really mega drunk)((sorry grandma dilitus))

So, I finally get Pandora's box (ha), and damn Ares throws a stalactite from across the country and kills me. Now I get to fight my way out of Hades itself.

I can't believe I didn't play God of War 1 when it first came out. Amazing game.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

pc gaming is for dweebs

^that cute little gurl is a fucking faggot IMHO

........ lolz

I have to agree with BFC, 1337 PC GAMING 4 LYFE! Yes you can adjust the sensitivity on a console, but if I turn it up to look around faster then I can't hit shit when I try to aim. I'm just used to the mouse+kb. FPS's on the Wii have been pretty decent. I just wish it had better graphics. Consoles don't have Auto-Aim so much as they have Aim-Assist. They pull your aiming reticule towards the target if it is x distance from it.

edit; re-reading my post I realize it is very scatterbrained. Take from it what you will lol

I'm playing Oblivion on PS3 these days and my god did they mess up the controls. Apparently, Bethesda didn't understand analog. When aiming there's a 20% region where everything moves waay too slow. And the other 80% moves way to quick to aim precicely but still too slow to turn around quickly. Utter failure, combat is a complete mess. Only way I can aim decently is to put the crosshair at a decent height, and try and strafe the target into my reticule. Add to that the framerate issues and you've got a terrible, terrible port.

And yeah, fuck consoles. Most big games for PS3 this year have launched, I'm saving some cash for a new game-machine so I can go for some hardcore multiplayer Armed Assault 2 or something. I want it to run CryEngine 3 though, so I'll be waiting for more info on that.

God of War 3 is cool though. Gameplay isn't really my cup of tea. But the visuals and art direction are truly amazing. And seems like quite a technical archievement to create these huge dynamic environments with so much detail.

Going to buy a new ps3 game tonight. I'm leaning towards uncharted 2, but I also have interest in Demon souls, bioshock 2, little big planet, GOW 3, fallout 3, killzone 2, far cry 2, COD4, just cause 2, arkham asylum, ratchet and clank future, dead space, BC2, or assassin's creed 2. All of which I've never played or only played a demo. HELP?! I'm looking for immediate gratification, A great game overall, but also a lot of depth and replay value, but I don't want to invest too much time into it where I get sucked in and make progress slowly and waste my life, which is why I'm a little bit hesetent about fallout 3. Should I get uncharted 2 or something else like demon's souls.

Currently all I have is MW2, MGS4, GTA4, bioshock, and heavy rain.

Bioshock 2 and Assasins Creed 2 are excellent quick grat games....bioshock because they greatly improved the gunplay, and assasins because you are a badass and practically invincible killer.

Archived