IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rage has been getting lots of praise among game journalists but I still have no idea what it's all about. It's an RPG-shooter starring a fat Rodney Dangerfield...?

zurp6p.png

I hate the quake engine. The graphics look so ugly and it feels so... I dunno.. Clunky?

Quake 4 was the biggest pile of shit. Rage doesn't look all that either.

Guest mafted

lol.. you don't like the Idtech5 eh? It's only the next leap in graphical programming.. they've (id Software) done it like 3 or 4 times now (first with Doom, then with Quake, then with Doom 3). Get with it.

oh my god, this looks so fucking awesome(new metal gear game):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvnAG2PicH8

lol - this is the one thing (other than that dance game) that I missed watching the Microsoft Conference. And, of course, the most fucking awesome thing. . . like a mix of Afro Samurai/Ninja Gaiden 2/Metal Gear.

Looks wicked. Actually kind of excited for it!

Rage looks pretty lovely - will have to see how it plays out, since it begs the question of whether we really need ANOTHER post apocalyptic wasteland free roamer out there. The environments look better than anything I've seen yet in an open world game - but will it be fun?

lol.. you don't like the Idtech5 eh? It's only the next leap in graphical programming.. they've (id Software) done it like 3 or 4 times now (first with Doom, then with Quake, then with Doom 3). Get with it.

I just don't like how it looks. I couldn't care less if it's programmed well, I'm going purely on looking at it and thinking it's ugly.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

oh my god, this looks so fucking awesome(new metal gear game):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvnAG2PicH8

lol - this is the one thing (other than that dance game) that I missed watching the Microsoft Conference. And, of course, the most fucking awesome thing. . . like a mix of Afro Samurai/Ninja Gaiden 2/Metal Gear.

Looks wicked. Actually kind of excited for it!

Rage looks pretty lovely - will have to see how it plays out, since it begs the question of whether we really need ANOTHER post apocalyptic wasteland free roamer out there. The environments look better than anything I've seen yet in an open world game - but will it be fun?

WOW that does look fucking AMAZING

I just don't like how it looks. I couldn't care less if it's programmed well, I'm going purely on looking at it and thinking it's ugly.

I rewatched the Rage video, let me reword. I think the animations are ugly - the graphics obviously are good, though not so much up close.

Guest mafted

'The new id rendering technology practically eliminates the texture memory constraints typically placed on artists and designers and allows for the unique customization of the entire game world at the pixel level, delivering virtually unlimited visual fidelity. Combined with a powerful new suite of tools designed specifically to facilitate and accelerate the content creation process, id Tech 5 will power games that contain vast outdoor landscapes that are completely unique to the horizon, yet have indoor environments with unprecedented artistic detail.'

i'm not sure what you mean about up close but the detail is what it's all about.

Here's a more in-depth look..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIGtKE2SJFE

i'm like watmm's id representative.

Metal gear rising looks fucking insane.

The thing about idtech5 is that the great texture detail and various maps makes you really notice the (comparably) low polygoncount, it's like the uncanny valley.

Yeah I've seen a few demo's of Rage that make the polygon count look really low

Guest mafted

i'd rather have smooth edges than choppiness.. kinda tired of them. but yeah, maybe they're going a different direction with it. i know some models in Doom 3 had a couple million (almost microscopic) polygons so i could understand why.

wrong, its fucking mega titties awesome for a game in beta that's pretty much the first of its kind in a lot ways. I had my doubts but its gonna pull it off nicely, don't know about the longevity of it but I certainly could play it way longer than any GTA game

requirements: 20 GIGS FREE SPACE. fuuuuuuuuu

playing the demo of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI1fLFEc-A4

it's gorgeous looking, and the gameplay is pretty good. the physics engine is great.

im thinking about getting a wii, though im not sure i'd play it as much as i would hope, i mean, i got the gamecube when it came out, and only got 2 or 3 games for it, none of which i finished, as far as i can remember. still though, i love mario games, and new super mario wii and the mario galaxy games do look like fun.

are there any other reasons to get a wii though? i don't care much for party games and such, so im mostly looking for singleplayer experiences. what else are there besides mario and zelda (never really liked any of the 3d metroid games).

im thinking about getting a wii, though im not sure i'd play it as much as i would hope, i mean, i got the gamecube when it came out, and only got 2 or 3 games for it, none of which i finished, as far as i can remember. still though, i love mario games, and new super mario wii and the mario galaxy games do look like fun.

are there any other reasons to get a wii though? i don't care much for party games and such, so im mostly looking for singleplayer experiences. what else are there besides mario and zelda (never really liked any of the 3d metroid games).

Back when I had a Wii I had the following games:

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Super Mario Galaxy

Resident Evil 4 (it works perfectly with the Wii mote)

Wii Sports

Wii Play

I played all those games except from Wii Play which I tried 2-3 times. It was bundled with the extra controller I bought. But apart from those games there were no other games that piqued my interest. There are a couple of new Wii games that I'd be interested in trying such as Kirby, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong, Zelda: Skyward Sword, and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

i've just finished a 48 hour sitting of Mario Galaxy 2, 106 out oof 120 stars so far

that game is FUN!

after E3 Wii is looking good

Metroid Other M (different from the primes)

a new Legend of Zelda

remake of Goldeneye 007

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Sonic Colors seems mad decent

only oldschool stuff though

favorites exept mario and zelda:

Punchout!

Resident Evil 4

Dead Space

emulation stuff

i like my Wii

Oh yeah, and the old NES and SNES games that can be bought from the Wii Store. I played Super Mario Bros. NES for so many hours I got blisters on my thumbs

so i went and got a wii, and when i get home i discover it doesn't have hdmi nor optical ports, wtf .. :facepalm:

lol, yeah. wii is pretty ugly in hd (420p max), probably best to use an old sdtv.

Archived