IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Where the Wild Things Are - 6/10

I really liked the mix between huge puppets and CGi - a perfect mix. I also loved James Gandolfini as Carol.

But the music... Sweet Jesus. It was just awful and ruined the atmosphere.

I know it's a originally a children's book but it felt really flat.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sonatine - pretty boring 6/10

Blasphemy!

Gomorrah - 7.5/10 - Feel like I need to take a bath after watching that film... in a good way. I enjoyed this it felt like there was enough material where they could have made a 'Wire'-like series instead of a film. Because of that I felt like I didn't get enough of some of the more interesting storylines.

sonatine - pretty boring 6/10

Blasphemy!

Gomorrah - 7.5/10 - Feel like I need to take a bath after watching that film... in a good way. I enjoyed this it felt like there was enough material where they could have made a 'Wire'-like series instead of a film. Because of that I felt like I didn't get enough of some of the more interesting storylines.

haha i was maybe a bit harsh... i kind of still enjoyed it as the gang started dropping their guard, goofing around, etc... some nice moments but i found it a bit slow. not as good as hana-bi imo.

agreed gomorrah is great though, i also felt affected by it for days after watching.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i was sick yesterday so:

fletch 3/10

thought this was supposed to be comedy.

happenstance 6/10

it's like a jeunet film without the warmth nd quirkiness. mostly fell flat. saved by audrey tautou looking incredible in every shot

badlands :pedobear:/10

didnt know anything about it going in. it's hard to suspend your disbelief when people make such odd decisions or don't react to things much. oh you shot my dad! *slap* lol. emilio estavez was really good in it (LOL!). for a couple-on-the-run movie i prefered bonnie & clyde. the narration was not an issue. clearly we were seeing it through her eyes (even when she wasn't there it's her interpretation) and thats why he's so friendly and liked by the cops at the end i'm guessing. or maybe he was just very charismatic

I still need to watch Gomorrah,,, I tried to read the book but could only get through the first 100 pages before getting beaten to death my economic mumbo-jumbo.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i just noticed that all these herzog movies are on netflix play instant

My Best Fiend: Klaus Kinski

Fitzcarraldo

Little Dieter Needs to Fly

Lessons of Darkness

Cobra Verde

Aguirre: The Wrath of God

Woyzeck

Stroszek

The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser

Burden of Dreams

La Soufriere

Even Dwarfs Started Small

How Much Wood Would a Woodchuck Chuck

Land of Silence and Darkness

The Great Ecstasy of the Sculptor Steiner

which are worth watching? obv aguirre.

also hoping to see my son, my son, what have you done (or whatever its called) this week.

Fitzcarraldo

Lessons of Darkness

Stroszek

Burden of Dreams

these

burden of dreams isnt a herzog film tho.

Fitzcarraldo

Lessons of Darkness

Stroszek

Burden of Dreams

these

burden of dreams isnt a herzog film tho.

Precious - 8/10

I automatically hated this movie beyond belief. I didn't want to like it and I almost refused to watch it but I had to since my plan, just like last year, is to watch every single movie that has been nominated for an Oscar, and I was actually pleasently surprised.

Precious - 8/10

I automatically hated this movie beyond belief. I didn't want to like it and I almost refused to watch it but I had to since my plan, just like last year, is to watch every single movie that has been nominated for an Oscar, and I was actually pleasently surprised.

Fat black girl? Or phat black girl? :emotawesomepm9:

For real though, I've seen posters about this all around London. Looks like some cheesy tug on heartstrings affair.. But it's worth a look?

Precious - 8/10

Fat black girl? Or phat black girl? :emotawesomepm9:

For real though, I've seen posters about this all around London. Looks like some cheesy tug on heartstrings affair.. But it's worth a look?

Yeah, I really think it is. I was expecting sweet, sweet social realism with a happy ending and so on. You know, the typical oh so realistic stuff but it's not. The trailer doesn't do the movie justice because it cannot show all the nastier scenes so I'd definitely say it's worth a watch.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

District 9 - 8.71/9.11

very nice, but I don't like how it ends, there should be a sequel or something

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Christopher Johnson in...

District 10

hmm, that actually sounds lame,, maybe they should've just worked on a better final.

can someone explain to me the allure of korine films?

i have never been close to enjoying one...and I don't consider Kids to be one of his films....i barely dealt with watching that.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (10/10)

Excellent film. Definitely in my top 3 - Nicholson's acting is tremendous and he fits the role as cocky McMurphy incredibly well. I've watched it periodically many times, and when I give it a re-watch it's always enjoyable.

District 9 (7/10)

I liked it more at the cinema. Now that I have it on DVD, it just doesn't seem to stand as well as it did on the big screen - the CGI is brilliant, actually some of the best CGI I have ever seen. Because of this, it really needs to be seen in a cinema environment so you can become completely immersed in the action to get the best out of it. As far as the story goes, it's very straight forward and fairly predictable in places. The acting by the lead character was great as well, considering he's fairly new in the film industry.

Fight Club (10/10)

The film was so good that I ended up buying the original book by Paluhnuik. Anyone here read the book? I think the way the book was transferred to film was done very well. The best parts of the book were included, and some of the lines from the book were kept and maintained within the film. Fight Club stands out very well amongst most films which have a psychology-oriented storyline. The way Norton and Pitt mirror off each other in terms of acting out their characters is really enjoyable. Possibly my favourite film. Good soundtrack as well by The Dust Brothers. This film is very relevant today concerning the consumerism critique deployed by Tyler Durden.

can someone explain to me the allure of korine films?

i have never been close to enjoying one...and I don't consider Kids to be one of his films....i barely dealt with watching that.

ive always enjoyed the revering of freaks or just general weirdness. korine deals in these areas and has a great eye. his work in collage and photography is impressive, and he has an extremely weird sense of humor.

006.jpg

013.jpg

006.jpg

013.jpg

022.jpg

Archived