IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Jacob's ladder fucked me up as a kid, but I've always been afraid if I revisited it I'd find all the nightmarish bits cheesy. So I've never rewatched.

I think it's withstood the test of time to be honest. The hospital scene is still amazing, especially with the really fast shaking effect, it works so well.

The cheesiest thing about the film is Jacobs haircut.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for a few dollars more (again). better each time i see it. this has to be my favourite leone film for the twisted humour centred around van cleef's colonel and eastwood's best tough guy role... klaus kinski as the brooding hunchback, the antics of the murderous, crazy indian... and then there's the score by morricone (the melody from El Indio's pocket watch is implanted in my head today). i don't think there's been anyone since who can create an atmosphere like leone and morricone together.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Re-re-re-re-re (∞) watched Into The Wild Last night. Man I love this film and the person/story behind it. Recommend this to everybody. I've not met a person yet who doesn't like this film (and I show it to ALOT of people)

Guest Mirezzi

Re-re-re-re-re (∞) watched Into The Wild Last night. Man I love this film and the person/story behind it. Recommend this to everybody. I've not met a person yet who doesn't like this film (and I show it to ALOT of people)

It's fucking terrible. There, you've met at least one person who not only dislikes it, but thinks it was an utter travesty.

Guest Mirezzi

but you hate every movie so it shouldn't really count.

I know, but there has to be somebody else here who hates Into the Wild as much as I did...

but you hate every movie so it shouldn't really count.

I know, but there has to be somebody else here who hates Into the Wild as much as I did...

i haven't seen the movie yet but i do, i got basically conned in Aslaka to go on a stampede road 'jeep excursion' so we can all see where that dude died. It got a lot of advertising ready for the movie's release and we got caught in the net. Fuck into the wild and sean penn

Chungking Express-7/10

I thought this could have been great, and I understand the reason behind Wong making such a movie....but the first story is not necessary at all....i mean, at all...the sparse moments of "Oh! She did this to the guy in the other story!" etc etc weren't worth the need for the first story.

The second however is a great romantic comedy. And of course Faye Wong is adorable.

but I also marked off a point because they played California Dreaming about 45 TIMES IN A ROW..that shit ruined the Graduate for me.

also, was interesting to note, Im almost positive Faye's character was the basis for Amelie Poulain, which makes sense considering Faye was adorable and Amelie is in my top 5 movies of all time.

Guest Al Hounos

Oscars Edition!!1

The Hurt Locker -

Really? REALLY? This won best director AND best picture??? Between the flat, cliched characters and the surprisingly bland and predictable action scenes, I guess there were some interesting story threads but most of them were left undeveloped and uninvolving... take the psychologist and the angry kid - that was played up for a few scenes and then dropped without accomplishing anything. There's the crazy adrenalin junky, the by-the-book black guy, and the crying softie. Who cares? We've seen them all before.

Through the whole movie I couldn't help thinking, "Haven't any of these critics seen 'Generation Kill'???" A bit apples to oranges I guess but shit, slap two episodes of Generation Kill together and it would still be a far better movie than this. GENERATION KILLGENERATION KILLGENERATION KILLGENERATION KILLGENERATION KILL

6.5/10

Crazy Heart -

Sweet and honest little film, Jeff Bridges is awesome. 7.5/10

Oscars Edition!!1

The Hurt Locker -

Really? REALLY? This won best director AND best picture??? Between the flat, cliched characters and the surprisingly bland and predictable action scenes, I guess there were some interesting story threads but most of them were left undeveloped and uninvolving... take the psychologist and the angry kid - that was played up for a few scenes and then dropped without accomplishing anything. There's the crazy adrenalin junky, the by-the-book black guy, and the crying softie. Who cares? We've seen them all before.

Through the whole movie I couldn't help thinking, "Haven't any of these critics seen 'Generation Kill'???" A bit apples to oranges I guess but shit, slap two episodes of Generation Kill together and it would still be a far better movie than this. GENERATION KILLGENERATION KILLGENERATION KILLGENERATION KILLGENERATION KILL

6.5/10

amen

Guest AcrossCanyons

It's fucking terrible. There, you've met at least one person who not only dislikes it, but thinks it was an utter travesty.

yea wel fuk u :<

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Oscars Edition!!1

The Hurt Locker -

6.5/10

amen

yup it just wasn't that interesting.

yea wel fuk u :<

Didn't care for it as well...

"Fuck society, I am going to commit suicide through blindly/ignorantly walking out into the wilderness of Alaska!"

not a 'true' story concept or character I can respect...

Jeremiah Johnson survives the shit out of this film!

Pretty crap movie, "war is a drug" yes, and you're not very good at depicting this.

Apocalypse Now, however was.

apocalypse now didn't get the same accolades because it didn't try extremely hard to maintain a forced neutral political point of view

Archived