IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Predators definetly looks better than predator 2 in the trailer, predator 2 was a crock of shite.

'I'm gettin too old for this crock of shite!"

predator2-4.jpeg

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

Predators definetly looks better than predator 2 in the trailer, predator 2 was a crock of shite.

'I'm gettin too old for this crock of shite!"

predator2-4.jpeg

lol, werd.

I like Predator 2, it's not as good as the first one, but still a decent 90s action flick. And it gave us "VOODOO MAGIC, FUCKING VOODOO MAGIC, MON!"

By the look of the sneak peaks and all Predators looks to be a pretty neat film.

Yeah I always enjoyed the second Predator....

the new one looks rad...

but I will always have an old school, 'I saw that shit in the theatres affinity' for the second film....

Guest ansgaria

I watched Armadillo the other night, extremely fascinating film.

In February 2009 a group of Danish soldiers accompanied by documentary filmmaker Janus Metz arrived at Armadillo, an army base in the southern Afghan province of Helmand. Metz and cameraman Lars Skree spent six months following the lives of young soldiers situated less than a kilometer away from Taliban positions. The outcome of their work is a gripping and highly authentic war drama that was justly awarded the Grand Prix de la Semaine de la Critique at this year's Cannes film festival. But it also provoked furious debate in Denmark concerning the controversial behavior of certain Danish soldiers during a shootout with Taliban fighters. The filmmakers repeatedly risked their lives shooting this tense, brilliantly edited, and visually sophisticated probe into the psychology of young men in the midst of a senseless war whose victims are primarily local villagers. Yet more disturbing than scenes in which Taliban bullets whiz past their cameras is the footage of the young soldiers as each tries, in his own way, to come to terms with putting his life constantly on the line.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1640680/

One of the most pleasing things about the film was the audio/sound, it was just so fitting. Some of the recurring music sounded a lot like something Godspeed You! Black Emperor could have done, loved it.

Guest abusivegeorge

I like Predator 2, it's not as good as the first one, but still a decent 90s action flick. And it gave us "VOODOO MAGIC, FUCKING VOODOO MAGIC, MON!"

By the look of the sneak peaks and all Predators looks to be a pretty neat film.

the new one looks rad...

but I will always have an old school, 'I saw that shit in the theatres affinity' for the second film....

I think the problem with me is that I saw Predator when I was just 6 years old, and I didn't seen Predator 2 until I was 18, the reason being that my parents always told me it was crap. So I'm a die hard Predator fan, then I saw number 2, with the expectation for it to be shit, and because it was nothing like the 1st I just can't seem to see any good in it.

Guest ruiagnelo

watching Shutter island for the 2nd time.

still some pieces missing from the puzzle.

Guest ruiagnelo

Just watched Shutter island again and the ending makes sense to me know. The key is his last statement "...to live as a monster, or to die as a good man".

I think he faked that he had already forgotten the truth, while being observed by the doctors in the end so that he could be submitted to cerebral surgery and have his mind deleted. So he didn't want to live with the memory of murdering his wife. That explains the final sentence.

Maybe i don't understand the ending. But i guess i can't deny that i do. I wish i didn't tho. I should have seen the movie just one time, because now the whole mysterious feeling of the movie seems inexistent to me.

Just watched Shutter island again and the ending makes sense to me know. The key is his last statement "...to live as a monster, or to die as a good man".

I think he faked that he had already forgotten the truth, while being observed by the doctors in the end so that he could be submitted to cerebral surgery and have his mind deleted. So he didn't want to live with the memory of murdering his wife. That explains the final sentence.

Maybe i don't understand the ending. But i guess i can't deny that i do. I wish i didn't tho. I should have seen the movie just one time, because now the whole mysterious feeling of the movie seems inexistent to me.

This is correct. Even if the trailer gave away the twist, I still enjoyed the movie.

Guest kodomo

El dia de la bestia / The day of the beast

This is from the Spanish director Alex de Iglesia and it is great. It is comedy horror. If you would like to watch a priest figuring out a code in bible then decide to find the satanists (mistaken with a death metal band) in Madrid to invoke the satan, teamed up with a heavy metal record shop owner, tripping on acid and virgins blood, this movie is for you! Its a great laugh and a nice thriller...

Guest Z_B_Z

an austrian film from 1983 called 'angst'. probably the most stylized serial killer movie behind 'the cell' (but i liked it better than that one). ive got my problems with it but i defy you to show me a weirder film. it has a very bizarre, stylized atmosphere... 7 or 8 out of ten.... klaus schulze turns in a decent soundtrack.

imdb

Guest Z_B_Z

i was reading in a recent entertainment weekly that bill murray called chevy chase a "medium talent" during a back stage argument on saturday night live. i gave it some thought and i agree.

the new one looks rad...

I think the problem with me is that I saw Predator when I was just 6 years old, and I didn't seen Predator 2 until I was 18, the reason being that my parents always told me it was crap. So I'm a die hard Predator fan, then I saw number 2, with the expectation for it to be shit, and because it was nothing like the 1st I just can't seem to see any good in it.

the problem with Predator2 is when its good it's really good and when its bad its utter shite (i.e. a handful of excellent action sequences patched together with a flimsy script and bad 'none action' camera work) but even if it lacked the suspense of the first it had an intensity totally missing from the AVP films and the Silvestri soundtrack was a even more epic than the original.

Predators brings back the suspense, has decent lead characters and adds more depth to the Predator story with an faithful score to the original. If you’re a fan you won't be disappointed.

Guest Z_B_Z

i want to see predators but predator 2 was a laughable piece of shit. theres some dvd extras footage out there of gary busey being weird but thats about the height of predator 2 worthiness.

Guest ruiagnelo

This is correct. Even if the trailer gave away the twist, I still enjoyed the movie.

completely forgot the spoiler thing. thanks. will try to remember next time.

i want to see predators but predator 2 was a laughable piece of shit. theres some dvd extras footage out there of gary busey being weird but thats about the height of predator 2 worthiness.

Predators is a sequel to Predator. As if Predator 2 never existed.

i still call bullshit, but i feel like this will probably break down to the same camps who claimed Terminator Salvation was even remotely watchable

It's like with the new Star Wars movies, people kept fooling themselves that the last one was the one that returned to the same greatness as the old movies, until we reached a point where people just lowered their standards because that's what the movie industry is able to put out now-a-days.

Archived