IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Das Weisse Band 8/10

Despite it's dark underlying message I found this really cosy viewing, beautifully shot and lovely locations. I found myself wanting it to go on, to find out what happened next to the various villagers.

Crumb 7/10

interesting documentary on the comic artist Robert Crumb. Good to watch in connection with American Splendor, also great.

Thai Shutter ~ 7/10

but the long haired ghost thing has been done to death since I saw it so maybe it's more like a 6/10 these days.

Thai Shutter scared the shit out of me.

Thai Shutter ~ 7/10

but the long haired ghost thing has been done to death since I saw it so maybe it's more like a 6/10 these days.

How long ago did you watch it? Because I watched it last year and it had me in stitches

Thai Shutter ~ 7/10

How long ago did you watch it? Because I watched it last year and it had me in stitches

I watched it about 2-3 years ago but I actually turned it off because I was watching it all by myself and I didn't like it at ALL. I can honestly say I was afraid to watch it. I then finally watched all of it with a friend of mine and his girlfriend about 2 years ago and it turned out it wasn't all that scary. It was mostly just cheap scares.

Btw. someone recommend me a really great movie. I'm bored off my tits and I want to watch something brilliant before I go to bed.

Merchant of Venice

Funny and dramatic shakespeare joint, Al Pacino is great in this one

True Grit

Some sweetass shit

Megamind

I kinda enjoyed it

Guest Al Hounos

"chaser" is a piece of shit that's got nothing on "memories of murder" which is indeed great (thanks for the rec, watmms)..i don't understand how can you like both in the same breath.

like i said, the chaser has its flaws, and MoM is definitely superior, but the chaser is still a great thriller. what was so bad about it, exactly?

Guest Al Hounos

Have you watched I Saw The Devil? The one that got recut three times but still couldn't be shown in Korean theatres? It's a lot like all the other Korean revenge movies (not as good as any of the ones mentioned above though) but just a lot more messed up.

more messed up? yeesh, how's that even possible? downloading now. :emotawesomepm9: actually, it was shown in a few theaters, and i even remember my local 7-11 had posters up advertising it!

Thai Shutter ~ 7/10

I watched it about 2-3 years ago but I actually turned it off because I was watching it all by myself and I didn't like it at ALL. I can honestly say I was afraid to watch it. I then finally watched all of it with a friend of mine and his girlfriend about 2 years ago and it turned out it wasn't all that scary. It was mostly just cheap scares.

Btw. someone recommend me a really great movie. I'm bored off my tits and I want to watch something brilliant before I go to bed.

i thought that was an excellent scary movie until the "twist" was revealed....then i couldn't stop laughing.

Guest Mirezzi

Get Shorty - Wow, never seen it, totally fucking disappointing. Flatter than hammered shit, yawn-inducing, weak lols and sloppy editing.

If you're on a desert island and can only take one Elmore Leonard adapted film with you, make it Out of Sight.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Thanks for the heads up that The Happening is 'shit' keltoi. I heard it was really really good.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Get Shorty - Wow, never seen it, totally fucking disappointing. Flatter than hammered shit, yawn-inducing, weak lols and sloppy editing.

This film has the incredible status of being the only film my mother has ever walked out of. too much swearing she said.

she forgot to mention it was also fucking shit!

Archived