IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bad acting, fucked the whole movie for me...

It's weird because I was just talking to a friend earlier today about Enter the Void, and we were both completely clueless as to why people think the acting was bad? It's normally something that throws me off a movie.

i liked that movie but the huge problem for me is the scenes where it goes thru the strip club and shows the girls dancing on the poles with the mirror stuff, and u can clearly see the crane/camera doign its thing because its basically pointing directly at it self . its super friggin awkward especially when ur trying to get into the perspective of a PERSON floating instead of a stupid camera and personally just that thing that happenes like 2 times i think it ruins the whole movie for me i cant takei t seriously after seeing that.

couldnt they have easily jst cut that part out or did some EDITING or re positioned the camera?? in a movie where they took so much time and attention to detail to get the shots and master all those crazzy camera movements you wouldnt expect them to make such a gigantic mistake.. every 1 i watch this movie with sees that and its a friggin bad experince

It's weird because I was just talking to a friend earlier today about Enter the Void, and we were both completely clueless as to why people think the acting was bad? It's normally something that throws me off a movie.

soulless and not credible towards the situation he was into. or maybe they were just uninteresting characters and this has nothing to do with bad acting...

i mean, take Vincent Cassel acting on Irreversible for instance.

I hope I didn't post this already but I watched Happiness. I can't believe I'd never seen this one. Excellent movie, reminded me a lot of magnolia. The slow, intertwining stories of these people's fucked up lives. Really just a great film. I would like to watch more like it, maybe some other great dramas from the late 90s. Are his other movies any good? I could use some reccommendations of his movies or of some from the same feeling. I guess I would say other movies that I feel are similar could be american beauty, babel, hard eight, boogie nights, hell barton fink even but that is starting to drift out there.(huge PTA fan) 9/10

Also I watched some michael mann films recently. Manhunter, which is a movie with hannibal lector in it, I think it is red dragon. Starts off good and gets a little bit lame towards the end. 6/10

Last night I watched collateral for the first time in years, staring tom cruise(lol). Pretty enjoyable movie, despite some bad acting. The plot, sound design, cinematography were all top notch. Plus some of the violent scenes starring tom cruise are really shocking and I think Mr. Cruise did a pretty good job playing a psychopath. Favorite scene was the yo homie scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtH0PFc0leI Ending was pretty good. 7/10

i watched zero day cuz of a post some1 made on the thread and holy jeez that movie is freaked out, it so realistic i thought it was REAL if that was released as 'real story' like found footage type of thing i would totally believe it what a freakfest

idk what 2 rate it on terms of effectiveness i give it a 9 in terms of a movie its a strong 7 i guess

Watched Vertigo for the first time today.

Whoa.

For the first half of the film, I wasn't sure what to think of it. At the last shot, my soul felt like it had been kicked in the balls. I can see watching this over the years and taking something different from it each time. I loved Hitchcock before, I mean Rear Window was one of my favorites since I was about twelve. Awesome. But this had so many layers to it.

Hitchcock.

Inception, incredibly silly gimmicky movie, mega dissappoint. people really think this is some special shit? two good scenes and a bunch facepalm. Making a movie about dreams and then turning it into some rigid james bond nonsense with silly rules instead of going crazy with the surreal = profit. 2/10.

I watched Izo before Inception. Now there's a mindfuck, maybe it went on for too long, maybe it was too cryptic, but I liked it. interesting/10

kin-dza-dza (again) - 8.5. wild visual design. mood. soundtrack. all in check.

plus heaps of good old soviet satire.

8.5+.

Kin-dza-dza-VHS.jpg

936full-kin--dza--dza%21-screenshot.jpg

ruscico.jpg

kooh!

cave of forgotten dreams - will have to watch this one again to fully appreciate & rate. very interesting/mysterious/lush.

the way back - 7. pretty neat, but dissappointingly polished and streamlined.

the tunnel - silly lo-budget aussie film about a monster in a tunnel.. let down by weak cgi and australian accents, which sound like perpetual bladder crisises, roight? roight.

das weisse band - grim. captivating, like watching an impending traffic accident.

I just watched The imaginarium of doctor Parnassus. 7/10, but I wouldn't watch it again.

agreed, not something i'd watch again. it was definitely worth the effort of seeing once tho, pretty special stuff.

well its very slow lol and it gets slower

but its a master piece imo

serious?

I thought Valhalla Rising was a terrible film. It just happened to be filmed in nice places.

saw this pretty recently as well. uh, have to copy what Backson said about it, i thought it had good looks but not much substance, which was a pity :(

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i thought the acting was a very convincing approximation of drug fucked zombies

was all improvised too right?

i liked that movie but the huge problem for me is the scenes where it goes thru the strip club and shows the girls dancing on the poles with the mirror stuff, and u can clearly see the crane/camera doign its thing because its basically pointing directly at it self .

didnt see it. i don't usually notice boom mics either so not an issue for me.

nah it was bad but not terrible. the main guys voiceover was the worst probably. the sister could have been the worst actresss ever and wouldnt have noticed. alex i liked

finally watched enter the void still processing it but wow

thought it was overhyped tbh, what did you like? I thought it was long, boring, repetitive.

5/10

Enter the Void was one big trip. I fucking loved it.

sure was

finally watched enter the void still processing it but wow

thought it was overhyped tbh, what did you like? I thought it was long, boring, repetitive.

5/10

enter the void was everything that tree of life should have been (that sounds odd but think about it). yeah it was too long and (can't believe i would ever say this but) there was too much nudity/sex and the camera going into the light became a little gimmicky. i could pick at it all day long but overall i thought it was an incredible film. some scenes i will never forget. i almost watched irreversible yesterday but decided against it as i didnt think i could take it

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I hope it's better and more cohesive than the pos that was Irreversible

probably not. but haven't seen irreversible yet.

i'm annoyed i missed enter the void in the theatre. our tv is big but on the big screen it would have destroyed me

enter the void was everything that tree of life should have been (that sounds odd but think about it).

Holy shit, you're right.

my thoughts exactly, just haven't vocalized them since people are all about sucking Malick's elderly balls....

Archived