IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Martha Marcy May Marlene on the basis of watmmrecommendations...was good but fell a bit shy of greatness...I actually wish it had pushed further into the BoCcy-vibed cult stuff, would have been fun. What was there was a bit tame somehow, I know they were trying for a realistic approach but I bet the Manson family or the Branch Davidians got up to some way weirder stuff...

Just watched Martha Marcy May Marlene on the basis of watmmrecommendations...was good but fell a bit shy of greatness...I actually wish it had pushed further into the BoCcy-vibed cult stuff, would have been fun. What was there was a bit tame somehow, I know they were trying for a realistic approach but I bet the Manson family or the Branch Davidians got up to some way weirder stuff...

Felt the same way. I was expecting UFO-loving satan worshiping type-of sutff (which is my fault not the movie's). Felt really unconfortable at times but overall a good movie.

I'm not sure it was your fault, have you ever heard the audiotapes of the last days of the Jonestown cult? They will curdle your blood...

I made the mistake of searching for those after British Muder Boys used part of the speech on one of their songs. Disturbed me for days (its not safe for the mind to listen to the sound of children dying and screaming)

Take Shelter - great film, great acting. The ending was meh (i have nothing agaInst illogical and fantastic endings but i would have been a much happier costumer without the final scene) - 8.3/10

Chronicle - Was expecting a "I am Number Four" rip-off, came out a very happy moviegoer (my only critism - found footage gimmick was unnecessary) 9/10

Someone should make a great film about Jim Jones. Lots to work with there. Lots to reveal about how religions and superstitions can be harmful.

'Martha Marcy May Marlene' was more of a "this is happening right now, somewhere in America" type film, not a biopic and not exploitation.

So much BoC-ness is in the film. Just enough I think. One reason I love it so much.

Yes it was "quite good", though I felt it started to drag towards the end, could probably have had 10 minutes or so cut...and there were a few odd (not necessarily bad) choices, such as when she goes for a swim and the camera pulls out and slowly and then zooms back in slowly...that didn't quite do it for me. The film also made me really curious about the other men in cults besides the leader, I felt the speech patterns and attitudes of the young men at the compound seemed a bit distractingly contemporary and normal...but you would think they might behave differently, with such a clear alpha male in the pack...dunno

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Take Shelter - great film, great acting. The ending was meh (i have nothing agaInst illogical and fantastic endings but i would have been a much happier costumer without the final scene) - 8.3/10

I agree. 7.5/10.

That last few minutes sent it down from an 8.5/10.

Devalued everything that went before.

I prefer Shotgun Stories, mainly due to the lack of bullshit sci-fi ending.

one day - 8.5/10 - cried

the secret garden - 7/10 - pretty good

the man in the iron mask (1998) - jesuswhatthefuckingfuck/10 - the 77' version is vastly superior.

julie & julia - 6/10 - bit of a girly flick but i enjoyed it whilst i was ill

tower heist - no/10 - no no no no, why, no no no

alien (HD) - 10/10

take shelter - 8/10 - very good

50/50 - 7/10 - not bad but not amazing, seth rogen was pretty annoying in it, in what world would those two dudes be friends? nope

j edgar - the gay scenes were quite awkward 5/10

tower heist - few laughs here and there 5/10

tyrannosaur - i was expecting a bit more violence, my fault 7/10

extremely loud and incredibly close - extremely irritating and incredibly annoying/10

seeking justice - NIC CAGE IN HIS BEST PERFORMANCE EVER, NOT/10

the three musketeers - twas cool i guess/10

the devils double - 5/10

tim and erics billion dollar movie - 6/10

bug - 6,5/10

take shelter - with the ending scene 7/10, without it strong 8

shotgun stories - 7/10

a dangerous method - worst female acting ever 5/10

lolita - 6/10

the rum diary - 6/10

rushmore - 6,5/10

bottle rocket - 7/10

anonymous - 5,5/10

a very harold and kumar christmas - 5/10

the descendants - 6,5/10

logans run - 7 for its visuals and soundtrack alone

Extremely_Loud___Incredibly_Close_2.jpg

I WANT TO SHOOT THIS KID IN THE FACE ARGH SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY / 10

posted image? why does this happen?

is it just me who can't see the image?

but i bet you're talking about incredibly wathnot movie right?

Powaqqatsi: 8/10

Not really as good as the Koyaa one but still very nice. I might grow to like it's soundtrack in time even.

Anyone seen Powaqqatsi?

yeah, it's a good followup but i remember finding it very distracting that i had seen Truman Show first, and the music in the Truman Show uses pieces of the Glass soundtrack for Pow.

the opening scene/song with the gold mine in south america is one of the best scenes in any fo the 3 qatsi movies, its worth watching it for that alone. fuck i love that part

He's talking about Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

Now why would you watch that, Data?

that's not what i asked, i asked if it's just me who can't see the image...

Yes. You only.

Just watched Countryman on netflix streaming. Can't believe I never saw this before. If you are a fan of Rockers, you will enjoy this. The lunch scene about 14min in is one of the greatest culinary exploits I've seen.

Also there is some very entertaining rasta lord of the rings stuff going on.

Yes. You only.

i can't see it too actually

Yes. You only.

i can't see it too actually

Geez, I was just joking

Archived