IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

50/50 5/10

pretty good but not much story here. obviously its emotionally effective as its about cancer. not a comedy though as it was billed as. seth rogan is at his most annoying in this - he comes across as a total ass whenever he speaks. JGL was solid was usual and the mother relationship i liked. the therapist relationship wasn't needed.

'Ken Park'

Not particularly good. A surprisingly large amount of sex. More specifically cocks.

larry clark just wants to see kids have sex and he figured the safest way would be to just make movies about it. debbie does dallas was more about plot than this.

also, it's weird to see ray from generation kill beat off. and ejaculating. and all.

which one was ray?

the funny driver one

Paprika- typical japanese animated film... 8.2/10

no, it's not actually. Highly untypical for japanese anime and an interesting story that christopher nolan stole and made less interesting

i guess you havent seen Nightmare on Elm St 3 The Dream Warriors or Dreamscape starring Dennis quaid which both came out almost 2 decades before Paprika?

yeah you're right, but still doesn't mean nolan didn't make it less interesting and more tom clancy

Actually Nolan stole the idea from an uncle scrooge comic:

http://disneycomics....2002-033&s=date

Im serious, check it out.

i love it. the perfect comeback to the "nolan stole it from anime" bores

the taint 10/10

troma just picked up this movie for distribution, wasn't made by them though

trailer (nsfw)

[youtubehd]Ks-ZHst2kMg[/youtubehd]

has anyone seen 'we need to talk about kevin' yet? i've heard great things but not sure its my thing.

has anyone seen 'we need to talk about kevin' yet? i've heard great things but not sure its my thing.

We need to talk about Kevin - Excellent. Tilda Swinton and the kid and even the younger version of the kid are all spot on. Beautifuly realised interpretation of the book. 8.83 / 10

though I can see this point of view which is also very lol

just saw 'we need to talk about kevin'. pretty boring remake of 'omen' with thom yorke in a drag as the female lead. not recommended.

think maybe my 8.83 may be a tad excessive

I love the film. It is fucking intense, demented, and Tilda is amazing in it. KEVIN IS RICHARD RAMIREZ! Not really but he looks like him and acts a bit like him. No Omen remake at all. A great study in the psychology of women who have children that they cannot connect with.

113499_bb.jpg

113499_bc.jpg

oh my, the kid is sooooooo Twilight i don't even... :facepalm:

the movie is so goddamn emo, i can't understand the praise...

and ffs is not a GREAT STUDY wtf. it's a superficial hollywood wannabe...

quiet earth - 6,5/10 again, the awkward/retard acting ruined it for me

mixed reaction it seems

how did everyone see it if it comes out today?

how did everyone see it if it comes out today?

it came out, like, in november.

anyway.

It's All Gone Pete Tong - my friend pitched it as this feelgood comedy for stoned fridays, and the movie is actually not bad of an idea in all and the script wasn't that bad. i mean, a popular dj going deaf and trying to overcome it is a pretty ok story. but then again paul kaye can't act at all so it was all just one big goof. I THINK it's actually the case where they tried to make a serious movie, but it came out kinda hilarious, so they labelled it comedy. i don't know.

young adult - 8/10 - really liked this one,

it's basically charlize theron being a hot, obnoxious, superficial cunt for 90 minutes and there's not even a resolve or a "moral of the story is..", just fucking irl misery and bleakness, great.

i thought it was moralistic but i seem to be the only one. the moral being... you might think she is just shit... but it's partly down to clinical depression. so feel sorry for her a bit rather than just hating her.

It's All Gone Pete Tong - my friend pitched it as this feelgood comedy for stoned fridays, and the movie is actually not bad of an idea in all and the script wasn't that bad. i mean, a popular dj going deaf and trying to overcome it is a pretty ok story. but then again paul kaye can't act at all so it was all just one big goof. I THINK it's actually the case where they tried to make a serious movie, but it came out kinda hilarious, so they labelled it comedy. i don't know.

I thought it was very well made. And of course it was meant to be a comedy, don't be silly :D it has its serious moments but overall it is a feelgood movie.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

Lost in Translation - 7.8/10

Been a long time since I've seen this and Tokyo's been coming up a lot in conversation so I figured that it was time. I would really like to see another movie that explores a very similar dynamic as between Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansenn's characters.. any suggestions? Sort of like mutual attraction but of a forbidden/fleeting/closed off set of circumstances.

Guest viscosity

Francis Bacon (1988). if you can find it. interesting to see artists like this on screen raw, just to realize how relatively normal they are. also funny to see him get progressively intoxicated and open during the interview.

The Loved Ones- dunno if it was mentioned here. entertaining in a light demented-horror sort of way.

Eden Lake- very visceral and grotesque type of horror. need to watch this one again,

The Loved Ones- dunno if it was mentioned here. entertaining in a light demented-horror sort of way.

Love this. Used to have Lola as my avatar, god I love her, even with her smashed up face at the end I would never kick her out of bed for farting.

Archived