IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

god bless america - well i guess you could look at it as a subtle reflexive critique on the so called liberals in america, but most probably it was aiming lower. either way it's crap.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

god bless america - well i guess you could look at it as a subtle reflexive critique on the so called liberals in america, but most probably it was aiming lower. either way it's crap.

Will skip...thanks.

Guest Mirezzi

Have you seen 'Super' yet Mirezzi? Not 'Super 8'.....

I haven't. I think I'm supposed to? I really don't like the Dwight character from the U.S. Office so that could be a problem...

I don't know if you could get passed that. I just love the film and want to see what you think. Rainn Wilson is a very different character than Dwight in this film.

Guest Adjective

Rare Exports not lifechanging or anything but it was enjoyable. kept me interested all the way through, though the tension was a bit better than the resolution. everything at the end seemed way too easy, but whatevs, silly fun.

'immortals' was decent though, no?

edit: i've not seen it yet and i'm curious for watmm opinion

I quite liked immortals. And stated so a few pages back. It's rather unusual for me to quite like a film, so take that whichever way that you want..

thx friend. i've just received blue-ray copy on loan for free. we'll most likely project to capture full visual spectacle. from what i gather, the flim is not quite as good as 300?

Was in a horror mood and watched a classic and a new one...

The Exorcist: Ok, I'm probably the only person here who had never seen this. I liked it, though it dragged. I knew about most of the "shocking" curse words beforehand so that didn't come as a surprise, but overall it did seem pretty modern in approach, given the year it was made. Linda Blair did give an incredible performance for such a young actress. The film did the best it could despite the silly premise. Didn't know they had colored contacts in 1973. 7.5/10

Kill List: Wow, I think I was thrown off-guard by zaphod's uncharacteristically positive review, this was really lame...it basically shamelessly copies A Serbian Film, but manages to make that film look like fine art by comparison. And I have a weakness for cult/pagan films, too. 1/10

Guest zaphod

eh, i don't see how it was any worse than a serbian film. although i'm sure you'll tell me.

i like bad movies by the way, so when i say i enjoyed something it doesn't necessarily mean it was good.

QUIT MISLEADING US OH FILM GURU!

i love b films as well......still trying to get through 'Stridulum', so bad......almost full on pure bad.

thx friend. i've just received blue-ray copy on loan for free. we'll most likely project to capture full visual spectacle. from what i gather, the flim is not quite as good as 300?

Oh i preferred it to 300, which i found to be poorly executed and a little tryhard. Of course it has the 'look' that 300 engendered. And the way it is shot is almost as though he is thinking from the perspective of a comic book artist. As for the unnatural setting, i prefer to think of the piece as being staged on a set, like a play would be, just with modern techniques. Normally that full cG and not aping reality background look annoys me. Maybe i finally came to terms with it with this film.

It is also helped by the amazing costumes designed by Eiko Ishioka and directors sense of spectacle. I could drone on and on, from the fight scenes to the dialogue, but just watch it and see.

I did it in 3 parts cause i was busy and watching at the end of long days. Perhaps that kept me fresh and eager for more, who knows. It is still just a movie of course, it won't change your life or anything. heh. ;-]

Guest Mirezzi

"the grey"

How the fuck did Liam Neeson go from Oskar Schindler to this piece of sorry trash?

Pretty lateral career move to be honest.

"the grey"

How the fuck did Liam Neeson go from Oskar Schindler to this piece of sorry trash?

Pretty lateral career move to be honest.

It's actually a parabola if you plot Qui Gon in the middle

Oh so the grey is bad. That's a shame, i was looking forward to that, tension in the middle of the wilderness, survival action flick

Still gonna give it a go though.

full frontal nudity in the movie guys :emotawesomepm9:

what kind, dick or vag? I'm still waiting for a mainstream hollywood actress to actually show off some genital, all we get is straight bush or basic instinct external pussy shots, give me some magenta nigga.

Lol, good point. Just bush unfortunately! And some floppy cock too.

Archived