IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Rewatched Armando Iannucci's "In The Loop" again last night on netflix. So depressing. Because it's basically true. Still, a brilliant film. Really well executed satire. 9/10

It is brilliant, but I don't think it's as good as the first two seasons of "the thick of it"

Real shame Chris Langham's career was crippled by the pedo scare. Even if he'd been found guilty of pedoing his performance as Hugh Abbot would more than balance it out. Hugh is a funnier character than Malcolm Tucker.

Yeah I gave it a 9/10 cause it didn't quite reach the peaks of "the thick of it".

Speaking of Chris Langham - has anyone seen "Black Pond"?

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Xenblake

Evil Dead 1 is amazing, sure it has shitty acting but it's one of the most ambitious and creative low budget horror movies ever made. The plot itself isnt even what makes it great, it's all the little nuances of Ash having a quick FPS camera view of his shotgun while he blows a hole in a deadite, stuff like that. The stop motion animation death scenes are great too. Sam Raimi lost a lot of that fun vibe along the way. Drag me to hell was alright, but the last time i really saw him flex his skills was the hospital scene in Spiderman 2 and the plain clothes peter parker/ggoblin fight in part 3. I know most people here thought 3 was shit, but i find it very aesthetically pleasing when peter parker is crawling on a falling piece of wall like a spider as goblin 2 chases him through the sky.

the first evil dead is full of good ideas, ones that properly come to fruition in the second one.

bluntly said, if the first one had been good and what Sam and the crew wanted, they wouldn't have gone back and redone it the way they did.

Bruce Campbell also doesn't find his stride until the second one.

On a side note I think it's admirable of them to have the passion and doggedness to go back and remake it into what it should have been in the first place.

I've been thinking about Never Cry Wolf lately! Would love to see it again, don't know how to get it though.

You could rent it on Amazon video or something, I'd wager.

The soundtrack reminded me of BOC's Old Tunes is parts.

Noroi: The Curse (Japan 2005)

A documentary filmmaker explores seemingly unrelated paranormal incidents connected by the legend of an ancient demon called the "kagutaba."

slow but tense. excellent DIY style horror movie..very creepy..

basket case - now this is what movies are all about for me. yeah, the acting is bad and special effects make 50s fx look like imax cgi, but boy, it keeps it together on the strenght of the charisma alone. it's just extremely watchable. and the lead girl is, like, the prettiest. and it's her only movie! shame. some of the best gorey campy flciks 80s ever had.

well, ok, maybe not that good. but still enjoyed it throughty.

black christmas - 9/10 - for me this is what horror movies should be like, this severely under-watched masterpiece keeps you on edge the entire film and theres no cheap thrills really, its all psychological horror and intimidation, suspense built up slowly - interesting conversation pieces and fucking keir dullea, i love this movie with a passion. watch it you fucks.

Never Cry Wolf - 9/10

Hadn't seen it in several years. Good stuff.

wonderful film. it inspired me to try to catch and eat raw mouse when i was a teen boy. when faced with the cute little squeaker, i could not bring myself to do it

Never Cry Wolf - 9/10

Hadn't seen it in several years. Good stuff.

Yes. I think the movie still holds up really well. A bit saccharine at moments, but whatever. I like the soundtrack as well. Nice slice of new age in your brain.

Guest Xenblake

Bad Boy Bubby - 8/10

SHCMy.jpg

Great film right there!

the first 20 mins or so are such torture to get through

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

Went the Day Well? - 8/10

Cold Weather - 7/10

Dead of Night - 8/10

Network - 9/10

Guest jasondonervan

PeUh7.jpg

Got the Criterion Blu Ray version last night. Totally pointless to have it in 'HD' but I can't turn down a good Criterion. Haven't watched it in years and still fell for it's charms, scares me to think that it's now 17 years old!! Oh, and the music used for the title menu, damn... I just left it running on loop :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QTJL7k7sq0

will i like Pi if i hated the fuck out of requiem for a dream, got rather bored by the wrestler and barely enjoyed black swan? i kinda want to see it but then again i kinda don't at all. guide me, watmm.

Archived