IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Pan's Labyrinth

It was good, nothing special story-wise, but worth watching for the cool fantasy creatures alone. I wish more of the movie took place in the fantasy realm. Also I kind of liked the guy who was supposed to be the villain.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

ReGeneration

Documentary about apathy and whatnot. Nothing new but was interesting.

Sound of my voice

Brilliant. Recommend to everyone. I was engrossed from the first second to the moment the hotchip(?) song at the end which didnt fit at all. Anyone seen?

Carnage

Kinda fun. Laughed more than I expected. A little forgettable.

Holy fuck.

I am watching Green Street (the footie hooligan film with frodo the hobbit).

It's such a steaming pile of shit but I will watch it anyway.

Fack this, faaaack that, faaackin' 'ave you my son. Faaaack.

All played by mummy boy's who went to drama school. LoL

I want to see 'The Sound of my Voice' badly. Not playing anywhere in Dallas yet Awkward. :sad:

MOVIES ABOUT CULTS YAY!

And thanks for the props Deep Fried, that film really impacted me and still does.

Guest cult fiction

Saw "Cabin in the Woods". The person who took our tickets stopped, and asked "Huh, cabin in the woods?" as if it had totally blown his mind after taking x hundred Avengers tickets for the last few days.

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows

Enjoyable action movie. Little tired of Guy Ritchie's sound effects with his use of time.

7/10

Guest RadarJammer

Kaiji pretty darn cool flick, these sorts of Japanese movies invariably have some comic bookish overacting which can be a bit distracting but that's just the style of movies over there and looking past that I give it 8/10 its got the same protagonist guy from Battle Royale

trailer

Cujo - 5/10 - best line 'fuck you dog' . normally i don't mind when a horror movie has a very slow build up but in this case it was just boring as shit. Maybe the book was better, i don't know. but its about time someone makes a killer dog movie about post apocalyptic oakland with packs of stray wild pit bulls running amok

Kaiji pretty darn cool flick, these sorts of Japanese movies invariably have some comic bookish overacting which can be a bit distracting but that's just the style of movies over there and looking past that I give it 8/10 its got the same protagonist guy from Battle Royale

trailer

Ive watched the original anime, its so drawn out and full of overacting, i love it dearly. might check out this live action version!

Cujo - 5/10 - best line 'fuck you dog' . normally i don't mind when a horror movie has a very slow build up but in this case it was just boring as shit. Maybe the book was better, i don't know. but its about time someone makes a killer dog movie about post apocalyptic oakland with packs of stray wild pit bulls running amok

As is often the case, the book is much much better. Fully agree on the movie being slow and boring.

How about a movie of post-apocalyptic LA with miniature poodles who form gangs based on the colors their owners had dyed their ears. As they fight for turf, they run amok among the remaining humans.

Elephant Man - 10/10

Beautiful score, excellent acting, fantastic story that stayed very true to the actual happenings as far as I can tell.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Kinda weird how no-one on watmm is talking about the avengers movie whereas everywhere everyone is going mental for it.....ah maybe there is a thread just for it. Whilst not hugely bothered all the good reviews means i'll probably see it one nigjt this week.

Guest Xenblake

10e3szb.jpg

9/10

This looks good hadn't heard about it, thanks for the heads up

Spies Like Us 7/10

Big Nothing 7/10

Dogville 8.5/10

trailer

Ive watched the original anime, its so drawn out and full of overacting, i love it dearly. might check out this live action version!

Yeah, i couldn't watch the anime. But the idea of a film is more bearable. Like you said, it dragged on. Whereas with a film it'll be nice and tidy.

Tron 2: 8/10 for visuals and 3/10 for story

Thor: 7/10 for visuals and 4/10 for story

Captain America: 6/10 for visuals and 5/10 for story

Hulk: 3/10

now I am prepared for The Avengers

10e3szb.jpg

9/10

something about the title, synopsis and movie poster for this looks unwatchable to me, am i wrong?

Guest RadarJammer

10e3szb.jpg

9/10

something about the title, synopsis and movie poster for this looks unwatchable to me, am i wrong?

The trailer made me cringe so bad I might have to get some teeth replaced.

Hulk: 3/10

Come on, the demon poodles have to count for something. Are there demon poodles in The Avengers? I mean, why wouldn't there be? Why would they leave them out? Yeah, there are gonna be poodles.

10e3szb.jpg

9/10

The trailer made me cringe so bad I might have to get some teeth replaced.

i haven't watched the trailer but i heard it makes it look pretentious as fuck (which the film wasn't imo).

Archived